KATTY BAR and KATTY CLUB

stoolpusher

just because cops have never been there means nothing, all it takes is for one Covid hero to call in what they think is unsafe numbers in a bar and wham...the man WILL be looking to make examples or at least tea money from possible offenders.  It costs nothing to think out possible scenarios that might avoid that.  As I said a while back, as a GUEST in a room (which I believe is the biz owned by Emmy's sister) one would fall under different rules than a bar, those having only recently been eased up on.

• Like 1

sure JSG... understand what you mean by police involvement, which is actually why Emmy has opened the speakeasy to help prevent possible overcrowding in her little bar area downstairs.... At least until all these stupid rules made by stupid little men are totally forgotten about in a week or two.

Otherwise.... The bar and guesthouse business is totally owned by Emmy, her sister is leaseholder, not business owner. Sister has nothing to do with the business itself, just collects her rent from Emmy every month. 

Emmy has also now agreed with the young fellow 'Jay' who owns the moonshine hotel next door that when his hotel closes at 10 p.m the Katty can use his tables in the front area of the hotel as overspill seating

• Like 3

• Ladyboys
Dear everyone.
tonight 4 july will be the last night of the Katty Bar. i have to close the bar. Please come tonight to say goodbye. i am sorry to my friends and customers.
  but I will definitely be back. When I found a new bar. soon ^^
  Emmy

Not good news.

Emmy has asked me to post on her behalf the reasons why as she is concerned that she may not really know the English words to use.

None of this is anything to do with Covid or lack of custom, it is quite simply that Emmy’s sister who lives in Denmark has sold the lease and thrown Emmy out, with a day’s notice.

Emmy has had problems with her parasite sister for a long time. she is a greedy bitch. She has long been trying to get increased rent monthly from Emmy, even during lockdown. Although the landlord agreed to lower the lease payment paid by sister by a substantial amount during the closures, she still wanted more from Emmy. The discount was not passed down the line, more was actually requested.

Enough is finally enough for Emmy.

The Katty will cease to be at 11.59 tonight. Hopefully, to arise in a different guise in the future.

Please come along tonight if you can to say goodbye to Emmy.

43 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

The Katty will cease to be at 11.59 tonight. Hopefully, to arise in a different guise in the future.

Feels like someone just kicked me in the nuts.

Hopefully Emmy can open a new bar with Teya soon.  Perhaps there will be low rent deals with no key money.

But it won't just be the same to me. I really liked how private that side of Soi 4 is.  There would not be many outdoor bars (I know Katty is technically an indoor bar) where the Annabelle show could have taken place.

Best of luck to Emmy and the girls!

• Like 2

Very sad to hear. I was afraid that the bar would not be viable with lack of foreign holiday makers, but didn't expect the rug to be pulled by sister.

I think Emmy needs to take a break to take stock before looking for another bar. There will probably be more available as other owners find it will be a struggle without tourists.

I hope everyone has a good 'farewell' night.

Good luck to Emmy and the girls! 

• Like 1

Wow, that is sad.

I feel bad for Emmy and the girls.

With all the shit going on in the last few months, this takes the cake as far as our scene in concerned.

Trouble is it could be one of many. I hope not.

Lets hope they can get work very soon.

• Like 2

I feel really bad about this.

It was a bar that you could feel very comfortable in, with no pressure at all.

There are a couple of degenerates who habit the place and bring the tone down a bit, but we could excuse those.

Nothing stays the same does it?.

I think part of its appeal was the location. Out of the way. But I guess that may have been a drawback as far as pulling customers in. Sure enough the regulars know about it, but not passing traffic down Beach Rd. Also the passing foot traffic in Jomtien is not the same as that in parts of Pattaya such as Soi Bukhao, if you know what I mean?. They are not in the main, looking for ladyboys.

I really feel for Emmy. With no customers for months and now this. I am guessing the money needed to setup a new bar would be substantial?.

Hope she can open a new bar with her present staff and make a go of it. If she has the will to do it?.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, alainbreizh said:

sad news

Feeling sad too, and a bit angry.. KB had so much going for it, as the reported turn out one recent evening attests to. What an absolute cnut the sister is.

With bars re-opening we can hope that the kittens - as young, attractive and personable as they are - will all find jobs quickly. 

Emmy has a lot of goodwill among the ladyboy community (shared here and on the other forum) - That means many of us will follow her to any other bar with which she's associated. She has experience now that is hard to beat... but best wishes to all - perhaps some of us can get back before the end of the year. Here's to hope - it springs eternal. 

• Like 7

A great turnout for the 'Farewell Party' - not really farewell but 'Hello' to the next move by Emmy. She is very upbeat about starting afresh. Looking as sharp as ever top 'Front of the House' man Jimbo was an early arrival. 'Pad Thai Boy' from KRUs/Sweethearts. Petesie and New from New Bar of course. Lots of lovely ladies floating about. Everyone wished Emmy all the best for the future and I'm sure they will be there to support her next move. No rush I don't think - slowly slowly.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Woodie said:

I think part of its appeal was the location. Out of the way.

But I guess that may have been a drawback as far as pulling customers in.

Agreed and Agreed. 

For me, the location was ideal.   Very private but without a desolate feeling.  Soothing.  Perfect.  But unless someone knows about the bar, it's unlikely they would just stumble upon it.  Except for perhaps Annabelle!  Or maybe she knew about it.

Best of luck to Emmy if she finds another bar!   :drinks: 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Quinn said:

A great turnout for the 'Farewell Party' - not really farewell but 'Hello' to the next move by Emmy. She is very upbeat about starting afresh. Looking as sharp as ever top 'Front of the House' man Jimbo was an early arrival. 'Pad Thai Boy' from KRUs/Sweethearts. Petesie and New from New Bar of course. Lots of lovely ladies floating about. Everyone wished Emmy all the best for the future and I'm sure they will be there to support her next move. No rush I don't think - slowly slowly.

Sounds like it was a good night. Sorry I could not have been there.

Can only hope that she starts up again and it turns out even better than Katty Bar!.

I am sure most guys on here would wish her well.

• Like 3

Sad Sad Sad

will so miss this little lovely bar, tucked away in beautiful jontiem

had two great Meet & Greet and met many nice people & Woof Woof here

where else will be able to get not one grumpy old git but two

and beautiful boys who look like girls and have naughty bits and long hair and wear dresses and heels ?

I liked Emmy, always had a soft spot for her - I think she is lovely

She had some beautiful girls working for her, who were friendly ,pleasant, and treated everyone like a friend, even made me feel young again

As Jimmy says was a nice place to stay

I hope she gets set up somewhere (like jimbo) and not be lost to us all

Good luck Emmy, Teya & Sunny

Be Happy Grunt you still owe me a drink - I hope to live to claim it when (if) I get back to LOS

• Like 3

well Gentlemen and Annat... i'm going to help you out a little bit.

you can read between the lines.. there will be a post from Emmy very soon, likely later this afternoon.

when Emmy has posted that, this thread will be locked and retitled, but still available to peruse in the Katty klub but not to post in.

Another thread will be started, but it's only right that Emmy is the OP, so we await her. She's a very busy bunny at the moment.

there's the lines... read between them! The road goes on and on....

• Like 3