KATTY BAR and KATTY CLUB

stoolpusher

• 2 weeks later...

well, fella's as you know i never talk about English football on forums, and certainly not in this topic.

BUT... strangely enough,  you won't believe the email i have just recieved from the Kittens, i have copied it as requested in its entirety below.

Dear Blind Boy, we the Kittens would like to specifically and enthusiastically

say heartfelt congratulations to Riverpool F.C  for winning the Premier league title.

The Kitten Krew lub Riverpool, and we are over the moon for the boys. Please Blind Boy, we would all be enternally grateful

if you would find the time to copy this onto the forum as we are extremely aware that you would never talk about Riverpool yourself.

Thank you Blind Boy, and we send everyone a wave from Jomtien. And another one.. oops!...it's a 2nd wave!

Once again well done Riverpool F.C, and greetings and felicitations to all Riverpool supporters, we lub you all wherever you are**.

yours sincerely...

Teya and the kittens.

PS, and as a special thank you and bonus to all Riverpool supporters, anyone aged 70, slim and sexy, and who lives in Jomtien can have a free Boom-Boom tonight.

PSS ** especially Bumberablee.

My pleasure Teya, thank you for the wonderful surprise.:love0081:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just to officially announce on Emmy's behalf...good news.

The Katty Bar will reopen july 1st.

Initially opening times will be 6 p.m to midnight.

Because of the new rules, to help with social distancing. The Big Guest room on the 1st floor above the bar will also be open as an overflow bar for anyone to use.

All will be obviously a bit hit and miss until things settle down as they no doubt will soon.

here is the big room...you can sit on the bed if you want but no throwing Teya on it! seating will be sorted in the near future... smoking on the balcony please. Also the short time room will still be available for use.

859f4eb2b328ed2b0d8f1988e250fa9c.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Just to officially announce on Emmy's behalf...good news.

The Katty Bar will reopen july 1st.

Initially opening times will be 6 p.m to midnight.

Because of the new rules, to help with social distancing. The Big Guest room on the 1st floor above the bar will also be open as an overflow bar for anyone to use.

All will be obviously a bit hit and miss until things settle down as they no doubt will soon.

here is the big room...you can sit on the bed if you want but no throwing Teya on it! seating will be sorted in the near future... smoking on the balcony please. Also the short time room will still be available for use.

859f4eb2b328ed2b0d8f1988e250fa9c.jpg

bbg, how do you know about the short time room????.

11 hours ago, Woodie said:

bbg, how do you know about the short time room????.

rumours! i have never actually used it but the once a long time ago when Katty first opened...

so, let's see what happens with the Katty and other bars now... are the customers here to keep the bars going? frankly i doubt it. Re the Katty itself i rather imagine QG and BB and maybe others paddling canoes across the oceans to get here quickly....

Jimmy Cargo..if you read this...i was walking around Pattaya the other day and saw some camouflage face masks for sale! there will be one behind the bar waiting just for you. 

the overflow big room mentioned ..i'm not sure how Emmy will organise it, maybe she'll just leave it open for people to just walk up, or maybe she'll open it for people on request.

all a bit hit and miss until things settle. A good idea though to help those of you worried about social distancing and all that crap... don't worry, no names mentioned QG!

please guys, treat the room with respect as it is a guest room [or it was..] it's a nice big room. How service will work, not sure yet. Depends i guess on how many Kittens are around. hence forward for ease i'll refer to it as the 'speakeasy' [ thanks Pdogg]. the staff will no doubt float between the bar and the speakeasy, depending on custom. Remember though guys.. it's not the short time room, you may have people walking in!

i did speak to mind some time back and she was all for the idea of the speakeasy.. i suspect when Teya and Sunny get the idea  they will be all for it...a playroom!

if the kittens join you in there please buy them a drink ... they might be loosing out on custom in the bar. Anyway, let's see how it works, might do, might not. One can only try.

i do believe that Emmy has one of those bluetooth speakers in there, so if you want music can be played from your mobile phone. Not yours though QG...for some reason the speaker won't play C&W... yeeh-haw! thank god.

• Like 4

I thought i'd venture out tonight, being the first day of bars open. Unfortunately the weather was not helpful, with varying degrees of damp the whole evening. So i only ventured as far as Katty Bar, which is not far from my condo on Theprasit Road.

On my short drive i was interested to see how many bars were open - my guess would be 30%. Most had a handful of customers, some had none at all.

However, i was delighted to see a pretty decent turnout at Katty Bar - maybe 10 or 12 guys while i was there., which made it the busiest bar in Jomtien! It's early days, and the weather certainly didn't help, but it was very pleasing to see "our lot" giving support to Emmy.

I'll be back in a day or two.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jimbo33 said:

However, i was delighted to see a pretty decent turnout at Katty Bar - maybe 10 or 12 guys while i was there., which made it the busiest bar in Jomtien!

Actually it was busier than ever except for some party nights!   Could be the busiest in Jomty. Soi 2 and soi 3 were dead.

Katty is uniquely situated in these trouble times having been expat friendly 

• Like 2

Not only is Teya back....but tomorrow the 3rd July....Our Sunny is back too. Think her plans regarding working in Big C, or becoming an Astronaut or whatever have been thrown out of the window. Surprise surprise!

Sara was also working last night. MInd and Moon were both there early on in the evening but because of the downpour became convinced that no customers would come last night so went home.

And not only but also... to be officially announced soon, Emmy and Sunny's joint birthday bash will be on July 21st. It's actually Sunny's birthday on the 6th but as with last year they have decided to have a joint 'do' on Emmy's birthday the 21st. No-one will be expecting crowds to come along but we hope some of you locals can.

• Like 5

the speakeasy idea is a WINNER too, balcony for smoking...hopefully the cops don't check in while it's buzzing with a couple girls snuggled up to customers fondling their goodies.  As I've said before if they moved a few kittens into a room or two upstairs, they could conceivably host for a friend or two no? :) So, um say they LIVE there? and are told to keep friends visits to one or two at a time in accordance with safety regs? hehe

• Like 1

The staff living in has long been mooted JSG. I guess that it may arise again now that there will be no overseas guests for some time. Obviously it's a good idea to do like Herberth does in his bar, employ freelancers , give them a shared room or two with proviso's that working hours are maintained.

Problem is in the Katty that all upstairs rooms have aircon and normally when they are occupied by staying guests the monthly electric bill can been upwards of 12k baht.

Emmy considered having seperate meters fitted in each room, but not that cheap to do. i suppose she could always disconnect the aircons, but would possibly be loath to do so.

Another idea... no rent for the staff, as after all there is likely to be no income anyway from the rooms for the forseeable future... but the electric bill is shared equally between all the girls staying there. But, that too could start arguments if certain staff don't use aircon.

teya was offered a room back in her cashier days but turned it down because she worries about Emmy knowing what she is up to!

Glad you like the idea of the speakeasy, to me it was logical, some of the things that happen in the downstairs bar could be somewhat problematical if seen be passers-by.

Its success or not depends now heavily on the girls [no problem there i think ] but it's also important that guys don't think it replaces the short-time room for heavy stuff. Not fair on Emmy if that happens, she needs the S/T rental.

If any one out there has any ideas or suggestions for Emmy, let me know and i'll pass them over to her.

Also JSG...The police have never been to the Katty.. never. No need to worry too much about the Speakeasy...

oh my god! if only the speakeasy had been open in Annabelles day!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

The staff living in has long been mooted JSG. I guess that it may arise again now that there will be no overseas guests for some time. Obviously it's a good idea to do like Herberth does in his bar, employ freelancers , give them a shared room or two with proviso's that working hours are maintained.

Problem is in the Katty that all upstairs rooms have aircon and normally when they are occupied by staying guests the monthly electric bill can been upwards of 12k baht.

Emmy considered having seperate meters fitted in each room, but not that cheap to do. i suppose she could always disconnect the aircons, but would possibly be loath to do so.

Another idea... no rent for the staff, as after all there is likely to be no income anyway from the rooms for the forseeable future... but the electric bill is shared equally between all the girls staying there. But, that too could start arguments if certain staff don't use aircon.

teya was offered a room back in her cashier days but turned it down because she worries about Emmy knowing what she is up to!

Glad you like the idea of the speakeasy, to me it was logical, some of the things that happen in the downstairs bar could be somewhat problematical if seen be passers-by.

Its success or not depends now heavily on the girls [no problem there i think ] but it's also important that guys don't think it replaces the short-time room for heavy stuff. Not fair on Emmy if that happens, she needs the S/T rental.

If any one out there has any ideas or suggestions for Emmy, let me know and i'll pass them over to her.

Also JSG...The police have never been to the Katty.. never. No need to worry too much about the Speakeasy...

oh my god! if only the speakeasy had been open in Annabelles day!

bbg you could suggest to Emmy that I am willing to be a test case for the girls to try out activities suitable for near the downstairs bar area. Anything they deem usable would be ok with me. I might even have some ideas I could throw around.

I would not charge the girls for my services.

9 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

in Annabelles day!

If she was able to close the deal I was ready to offer to pay if I could watch!

Monday the 6th is the beginning of Buddhist Lent.   Tuesday is a government holiday.  Will Katty be closed for either of these days?

10 hours ago, Woodie said:

bbg you could suggest to Emmy that I am willing to be a test case for the girls to try out activities suitable for near the downstairs bar area. Anything they deem usable would be ok with me. I might even have some ideas I could throw around.

I would not charge the girls for my services.

you think the kittens would risk upsetting Sophia Woodie?  she's about a foot taller than any of them.....

:yes: