KATTY BAR and KATTY CLUB

stoolpusher

21 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

with both Emmy and Teya, what you read is what you get...

Well Emmy is easy enough to understand. Which is quite an achievement considering she didn't speak any English before taking on Katty Bar.

Teya's spoken English is quite good. But her facebook posts are often incomprehensible, though that might be due to the translation from Thai.

What does 'cuddle' mean? It seems to come up quite a lot in fb posts. I don't know if it is a mis-translation. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

What does 'cuddle' mean? It seems to come up quite a lot in fb posts. I don't know if it is a mis-translation. 

I've been trying to figure  out that one too.   I see it in Facebook real estate ads all the time.

Researching cuddle just now I came across a cute way to say rimming:

ล้างตู้เย็น / L̂āng tū̂ yĕn = wash the refrigerator 

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

ล้างตู้เย็น / L̂āng tū̂ yĕn = wash the refrigerator 

yup...you've definitely been in Pattaya too long P.D.......

But her facebook posts are often incomprehensible,

don't tell her that QG...she'll be after a job at the Pattaya Mail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quietguy said:

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I've been trying to figure  out that one too.   I see it in Facebook real estate ads all the time.

Some examples from Emmy and Teya's fb pages

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.34.09 - Edited (1).png

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.34.09 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.31.50 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.27.04 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.19.05 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.13.56 - Edited.png

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.10.36 - Edited.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

But her facebook posts are often incomprehensible,

don't tell her that QG...she'll be after a job at the Pattaya Mail.

Teya would be too incomprehensible even for the Pattaya Mail! (But she does probably know Nid):biggrin:

Here's an example of her posts, any idea what it means?

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 13.04.55 - Edited.png

• Like 1

My God! brilliant! but haven't a clue.....  do you suspect that either Sunny or Teya...or Emmy... were really Thaiman 12 in days gone by?

anyway, as long as Teya understands 'Cabbage patch dolls'  we should be having some fun soon. Don't panic, Quinn may survive...

pok9... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7cozYZ_0BvQ74_2tcejV1w

not a you tube vid, just a link to a site... but not that understandable some sort of thai game thing.... i think

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OK, could be. Maybe setting target for bike ride. Could also be betting on it - ie her reference to bookies.. Do they have bookies in Thailand? I know they like gambling.

I wouldn't have thought Teya was interested in cycling, except for riding your bike up and down Soi 4.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quietguy said:

That one has puzzled me also for a while QG, but as I have now seen it in many different texts and it can’t mean the same word in all of them judging by the context, I reckon it’s just the default translation when a word can’t be properly translated or understood.

10 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

My God! brilliant! but haven't a clue.....  do you suspect that either Sunny or Teya...or Emmy... were really Thaiman 12 in days gone by?

anyway, as long as Teya understands 'Cabbage patch dolls'  we should be having some fun soon. Don't panic, Quinn may survive...

pok9... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7cozYZ_0BvQ74_2tcejV1w

not a you tube vid, just a link to a site... but not that understandable some sort of thai game thing.... i think

God, I have not seen the name Thaiman 12 for a long time. I did wonder what he said on "that" forum to finally get him banned?.

yes Bumblebee, i was thinking why on an obviously thai web thing are the thai's even translating to english. On facebook itself of course where like sunny they are talking to foreigners too then it's understandable. But the POk9 thing is'nt. No reason for them to do so. Possibly just done automatically.

Whatever, has far as i've seen google translate should be taken with a huge pinch of salt. it may work okay with say German to English [i have no idea] but regarding Thai/english how can it be accurate? translating a language of 50+ letters into one of 20+.

Even worse people just assume that it is accurate, I've long been warning Emmy not to trust it. indeed, if you look at the Katty Guest house advert on Agoda or the other one.. The bar has a hairdressing salon inside it and is standing on the shores of a lake or something.. Emmy wrote the blurb when she first took over the bar and never knew it was misleading, just trusting the translation. 

probably still needs to be changed. i won't look because if i do then same as before i get bombarded with adverts from Booking.com. Once Emmy is around with her laptop we'll get around to changing it. Bobby may remember that we spoke about this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woodie said:

God, I have not seen the name Thaiman 12 for a long time. I did wonder what he said on "that" forum to finally get him banned?.

that was the problem Woodie..no-one knew what he said anyway! i recall though that he was contacted by PM from a mod which he then published openly...something like that.

i actually miss him, used to love his musings... Very intelligent man when he wanted to be.

5 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

that was the problem Woodie..no-one knew what he said anyway! i recall though that he was contacted by PM from a mod which he then published openly...something like that.

i actually miss him, used to love his musings... Very intelligent man when he wanted to be.

I think he might have come from the legal fraternity. He used capitals when he shouldn't have etc.. A common trait amongst those bottom feeders!.

16 hours ago, bumblebee said:

That one has puzzled me also for a while QG, but as I have now seen it in many different texts and it can’t mean the same word in all of them judging by the context, I reckon it’s just the default translation when a word can’t be properly translated or understood.

Yes, I thought it might be where there is a number in the original Thai post and fb translation program can't recognise and translate it.

20 hours ago, bumblebee said:

I asked my squeeze tonight what the translated word cuddle meant, but she was at a loss too. Said it was probably in the translation.

QG... who is translating the teya/emmy stuff? whatever site they are using to communicate?.. FB... you?

i'm baffled as to why 2 thai's are bothering to translate thai into a second language they don't need..

it's pretty obvious  looking at some of the stuff and the pok 9 site [which is a lazada type thing] that possibly either Emmy or Teya are making a bit of cash buying and selling. Perhaps acting as an agent?  And good luck to them, any port in a storm.

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

QG... who is translating the teya/emmy stuff? whatever site they are using to communicate?.. FB... you?

i'm baffled as to why 2 thai's are bothering to translate thai into a second language they don't need

It's the fb translation tool. Teya and Emmy usually post in Thai, though Emmy sometimes posts in English.

Facebook has a 'show translation' button under the original first post, and 'translate comment' button underneath comment posts, and if you click on it you get the English translation, or what the translation program thinks is the English translation.

11 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

gentlemen...isn't 'cuddle' perhaps the name of a specific emoji or emoticon that the translation can only show by name, not in it's original form?

that's the BBG theory anyway...

I don't think so. There aren't any emojis or emoticons in the original posts, or if there are they are at the end, not in the middle of script.

I still think it is where there is a number in the Thai script.