KATTY BAR and KATTY CLUB

stoolpusher

5 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

I've stayed in 3 of the rooms and for the money they're fine. Have hot pots now too, tho ya might have to ask for a coffee cup or hit the shop next door for one. Next soi over has TT exchange, and Simple Simon, which has some pretty good food and portions. The Sunday dinner lamb shank was such a plateful, 285 baht I think, that I wondered if I would be able to finish it. Also has some Thai and Chinese food. The view from the balconies is nice, enjoy the street life and see a bit of the water and beach, good fast internet too. Very comfy digs all around and as BB says a bar with as many as 6 or 7 ladyboys at some times. Always a few about, even in the afternoon.  If absolute quiet is your thing the 550 baht room is on floor 3 i think it was, and at the rear.  Personally I enjoyed occasional bell ringing and cheers from a couple bars across the street. I think it's a great place to chill or venture out from and I'd go have a smoke and some coffee at the beach early morning or at dusk. 

Thanks for the info...I smoke so I think the 550 room has no balcony ( I hate smoking where I sleep ) seems is what I am looking for....10 days hassle free...apart ladyboy...already messaged them...waiting for an answer

38 minutes ago, Sustra4 said:

Thanks for the info...I smoke so I think the 550 room has no balcony ( I hate smoking where I sleep ) seems is what I am looking for....10 days hassle free...apart ladyboy...already messaged them...waiting for an answer

Keep in mind this law comes into force in the coming days, not sure how it may affect a guesthouse.

4B2CFCDE-4A06-4708-8411-33CD308E678E.jpeg

• Like 1

just another money grab.  This is reason enough for me to stop coming, it will only get worse.  I won't miss it at all. Having to do research on what NEW and bothersome immigration law has been passed, wondering what they are cracking down on next, and so on.  

prefer 201, less steps and 301 has an annoying one inch rise in the floor from where it used to be a bigger balcony and my toe caught the fucker at least a few times that first day.

4 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

just another money grab

Many civilized countries already have laws like this on the books. My room is above a restaurant that has both indoor and outdoor seating. The outdoor seating is smoking allowed but I doubt any of the outdoor tables are 5 meters from the doors. And none of the outside seating at Katty Bar is 5 meters from the entrance. I expect this law will go the way of the no smoking inside air conditioned businesses. Except maybe not government buildings. I still get hit by annoying smoke coming my way in gogos. But one might want to be a little careful when the law goes into effect. 

I keep hoping they will come up with a law that all smokers are put to death. :biggrin:

The answer to what immigration law will be passed next is that those getting a retirement visa will not only have to have 800k baht in a bank account for two months before getting the visa they will now have to keep 800k in the bank for three months after and then 400k all the time. I presume this is to counter the visa agents that have been helping people get around the money requirements.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1081671-foreigners-now-need-to-keep-800k-in-thai-bank-for-three-months-after-retirement-extension-is-granted/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

I've run out of 'likes' for today Bumblebee, so will get back another day.

Good to meet you and Pdogg again at Katty bar on Monday night, after seven years. I might see you there next Monday - I believe Duke is going to be there too?

Yep it had been a long time and good to catch up. There was a good party feeling to the place out front on Monday.  Not sure I’ll be there on Monday as I fly out on Tuesday and wanna do stuff beforehand.  But I plan to get over there before I leave for sure, likely early tomorrow evening.  Not sure of Dukies plans but no doubt he’ll be sniffing around his missus Mona at some stage.  :biggrin:

On 2/4/2019 at 7:49 PM, bumblebee said:

Another fun and enjoyable night in the bar earlier.  With the right group sitting outside there is a real party buzz to the place.

CB5911A1-8E8C-4DCB-BFA3-AB233E398A45.jpeg

Who be this cheeky lil' lady BB ? 

She sure looks cute 

3 hours ago, Jimslim said:

Get in there, my son! back of the net!

She certainly did that Jim :winking0023:

And as she is staying LT she informed she will be doing me again in the morning :Drooling: sweet Mo is contently sleeping next to me as I type this, bless her B)

• Like 3

22 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Not sure I’ll be there on Monday as I fly out on Tuesday and wanna do stuff beforehand.  But I plan to get over there before I leave for sure, likely early tomorrow evening.  

OK, well I probably won't see you before you go then, I don't usually get to Katty Bar until around 10pm. Have a good return flight! I'll be leaving on Wednesday.

Maybe see you next year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jimslim said:

Tell her to keep away from the warpaint she looks hot :love0081:

11 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Fortunately even in battle she doesn’t slap it on too mutt.  Just a bit of lippy and she is good to go.

CF5E6631-C33D-47CE-80A0-02924DE56BBB.jpeg

CB8B4491-D6AB-40BD-8881-531530BFCF41.jpeg

Teya only puts on the warpaint, usually just lipstick, when Bumblebee is taking pictures of her.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

well I probably won't see you before you go then, I don't usually get to Katty Bar until around 10pm.

Ya never know, I have a free day today so I might just still be around by then.  Gonna just go with the flow and see where I end up, in a respectable family way. :biggrin: