Bangkok IT Stores

Pdoggg

Is there an IT store in Bangkok similar to Tuk Com in Pattaya and if so what stop is it near on the BTS or MRT?

Looking for a place to buy things like a battery for a specific smartphone and maybe some other things of that nature.

Recall in the past guys talking about Panther Plaza?

Yes it is Ratchathewi. I found this little blurb:

Ratchathewi BTS Station is just a few minutes’ walk to Pratunam – the epicentre of wholesale clothing and wacky street fashion. If the thoughts of ladyboys with tremendous stage talent pique your curiosity, head over to Calypso Cabaret at the station’s very doorstep. Elsewhere, there is also the lively Coco Walk (exit 4), which is comprised of rows of fun Thai-style pubs with live music, cheap drinks and live sports on the weekend.  For those wanting to access the popular Pantip Plaza (electronics) as wells as Platinum Fashion Mall and Pratunam Market, then Ratchathewi BTS is your closest option. However, these malls are still around 5 or 10 minutes walk, or around 2 minutes by taxi. Please be advised that this area can become very busy during rush hour, and is particularly prone to long traffic jams.

• Like 1

MBK has an entire floor of mobile phone shops - it is one of the stops on BTS Silom Line. Pantip Plaza is a mere shadow of its former self. Most of the computer shops are gone now, replaced by "Lifestyle" IT shops - selling mobiles, digital cameras, large screen TV's etc.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys! :drinks:

Turns out I'm not going to have much time to be travelling around, just a few hours on one day and would prefer if possible to shop in the Nana/Asoke area.

Does Terminal 21 have shops where you can buy IT accessories at good prices or are there other places nearby?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 5:15 AM, Tomcat said:

If your near Nana there is a stall set up in the Pleonchit Centre at the top of Soi 2 and also in the  small mall on Junction of Soi4 where KFC and Starbucks are a stones throw from NEP... i use them all the time for small bits and bobs

TC, do you happen to know which floor the Ploenchit Centre shop is on? Googling around, I see there are around 5 floors in the retail part of the building.

Just have one day in Bangkok so might not be able to make it to MBK.

Its on ground level...sort of in the middle from memory , its not a shop but a fancy stall.. There are a few stalls selling all sorts but i use this one to buy chargers and travel plugs as i keep losing them.... also there is a mobile and accessories stall in the  small Mall over the other side of Sukhumvit near the soi 4 junction... just cross the road bridge that joins the Pleonchit Centre and  its  a short walk up on the left on the corner ( thers a KFC there i think and Burger King)

The Pleonechit Centre has a food court on the 5th floor and well worth a look as long as its not 12 O Clock Midday when the office workers flood in..... i eat there around 2.30 as nice chicken soup + Rice kiosk

just for everybody to know since it there was a little talk about Pantip Plaza...the pantip plaza  like we all knew it nearly 3 years ago it doesnt exist any more....the name stays also the  building at the same address we all knew,but all the electronics ,all the little shops and all the companies at the top floors are moved....at the  opposite    ,<UP THE BRIDGE <THEN TURN RIGHT AND START WALKING >>>IF YOU ARE inside PANTIP PLAZA YOU CAN ASK>>>THEY ALL KNOW THE NAME ...THATS WHAT  I DID...also you can find everything at mbk...i loved Pantip plaza...it was fantastic...             

I was a fan of Pan tip, I used to catch the BTS from Nana and walk the rest of the way It was only about a klm or so from the BTS stop. I would spend a few hours there in the cool and had a great eatery upstairs . So it looks like MB K for my next trip,much better than Big C .