Paying Airfare At 7/11

Pdoggg

I had to book a quick flight inside Thailand and is often the case I had trouble paying online both with a Thai debit card and American credit card.

But both Thai Lion Air which flies out of Don Muang and Thai Smile which flies out of Suvanaphumi takes payment at 7/11 and the service fee is only 30 baht.  Other airlines perhaps do this as well.

When booking online with these airlines and you come to the payment page, choose the Counter option and you get to choose 7/11 or other places as the place to pay. 

The reservation holds for around 12 hours. If you don't pay in about 12 hours the reservation is cancelled. So it's also a handy way to lock in an attractive flight and still continue to check other flights.

Thai Lion Air is an attractive option to Air Asia, low price, with 15 kilos of free checked luggage. Thai Smile allows you 20 kilos of free checked baggage.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Counter Service is very convenient.

Note with Thai Smile, you will get an email saying you have 12 hours to pay at the 7/11, however you must pay in 2 hours.

Not sure if it is 2 or 12 for Family Mart, Tesco, Big C etc. but what the email says may not be reliable.

It's really awesome what you can do at 7 Eleven over here sometimes, although I tend to cuss when I'm waiting in line with one item and the Thai lady in front is paying all her monthly bills at the counter.

I've paid for flights a few times like this, it's a really fast process. No sooner had I made the payment and I had an email from the airline pop-up on my phone with the confirmed booking. I thought the deadline was usually 12 hours.

When I run into problems processing my card, some of the airlines also offer online bank transfer (from Thai account). I was having problems last week with both card payment and trying to get a Counter Payment reference so online banking won the day (and saved me a trip to the shops).

• Like 1