Super Rich Thailand Money Exchange Suvanaphumi Airport

Pdoggg

Super Rich Thailand in the entrance to the MRT station in the basement to of Suvanaphumi Airport offers outstanding rates. The difference between the Buy and Sell rate on a Benjamin is just 6 baht, about the price of a trip to the bog at a beer bar complex.

The spread on a 100 Euro was 15 baht and 25 baht on 100 GBP. The Looney was not listed on the sign but at their nearby competitors just 20 baht on 100 CAD.

The green Super Rich Thailand offered ever so slightly better rates than the others including the red Super Rich but that could be due to when the exchange rates were updated at each Kiosk so it is best to take a quick look at each booth which takes only a total of about a minute to find the best rate.

To put this 6 baht in persoective, the major banks in the airport proper have a Buy-Ask spread of 200 baht on a hundred bucks, an egregious 6% ripoff.

Super Rich closes at 22:00.

I inquired if the always have USD available if changing in the other direction and she said they always have 100 dollar bills but not always smaller denominations.

There are about 8 similar kiosks; it's possible that some specialize in certain currencies.

money2.jpg

money1.jpg

16 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Super Rich closes at 22:00.

There is another place right next to SuperRich with good rates also I think. When I was there in August one of the places closed at 23:00. I know because I got there around 23:30 and was told me they closed at 11 PM. Several of the workers at these exchange places were sitting around outside the booths talking after they closed and told us the closing hours.

I likely might have never found the places if I hadn't used BKK Flight Services to Fast Track immigration. The lovely BFS lady took me to the booths albeit too late for me. But I didn't realize it was near the MRT until the post above. So guess it's should be easy to follow the MRT signs.

• 7 months later...

This month, I was able to check out these places a few times. Kasikorn now has a booth down there and earlier in the month for American dollars the difference between the Buy and Sell rate was just 0.06 baht. If you make the assumption that the true rate is the midpoint between the Buy and Sell rate, then the effective commission on a hundred dollar transaction is just 3 baht.

In the airport proper, other Kasikorn booths had a rate that was 2 baht lower per dollar than the booth by the airport link. Buy 100 dollars worth of baht upstairs and get around 3000 baht; buy it downstairs and get around 3200 baht. 

most recently Super Rich Thailand (green) had only a 0.05 difference in the Buy/Sell spread for USD.

The spread is higher at all booths for the Euro and Pound.

Best to check the rate at all booths for the best rate. There can be significant differences with minor currencies.