Best Middle Eastern Airline?

duke007

That's great information for trip planning Dave! Just another tip - if your plane is an Emirates or Qatar Airways A380 try to get the upper deck economy class seats as there is more seat room, especially on the seats in the window rows. Also some configurations such as Emirates A380 has a great seat on the main deck 60H as there is no other seat in front of it. I suggest checking on Seat Guru to find out the seating arrangements and best seats for all the major airlines and their airplane types.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

That's great information for trip planning Dave! Just another tip - if your plane is an Emirates or Qatar Airways A380 try to get the upper deck economy class seats as there is more seat room, especially on the seats in the window rows. Also some configurations such as Emirates A380 has a great seat on the main deck 60H as there is no other seat in front of it. I suggest checking on Seat Guru to find out the seating arrangements and best seats for all the major airlines and their airplane types.

I have booked my seats for my Qatar flights already, I have been keeping an eye out on Flightradar24 daily because they are showing A330-300 & A330-200's flying from MAN-DOH and back instead of 787's though there a few dates with the 787

The DOH-BKK legs I booked were for the A380 out and a 777-300ER back but now they are A340-600's lol

However when I checked on "manage my booking" with the Qatar Airways website today they are still showing the 787's for which I have had 18H & 17H seats booked for months

They are still showing the A380 to BKK for which I have 42C (great seat) booked but now a A340-600 from BKK - DOH 

I took a look at the Seat-Guru seat plan for the Qatar A340 but it is out of date, I then looked on Youtube for reviews and this guy was sat in 32A, looked good enough for me so I changed my seat to 32B because I prefer an aisle seat (2-4-2 configuration)

To be honest I am not bothered what Aircraft they fly just as long as I get an aisle seat away from those Bassinets :biggrin:

Qatar Airways service and Hamad's Airport are both superb imho B) 

• Like 1

I prefer direct flights now. I'd rather pay the extra to get there quicker. but I have used Qatar,  Emirates and  Etihad in the past. 

I thought Qatar was the best of the three as their flight from Heathrow only had a 1 hour stopover. The others were 2 or 3 hours. Also Qatar's outward flight took longer than scheduled so I didn't have to spend one hour in  airport, but had to hurry straight through to  board  onward flight.

31 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I prefer direct flights now. I'd rather pay the extra to get there quicker. but I have used Qatar,  Emirates and  Etihad in the past. 

I am lucky that I live only 20 minutes from Manchester Airport, I would never go via Heathrow again tbh

I have a good choice of Airlines which include Qatar Airways, Emirates, Cathay Pacific & Singapore Airlines

However if BA or Thai ever decided to fly direct then I would choose them :good: