Hi Season Low Season

wastopcat

1 hour ago, wastopcat said:

A question for the Thai Veterans. When would Hi and Low Season be. I'm thinking about visiting for the first time in Jan Feb 2018. 

November, December, January and February are high season (the relatively cool months weather wise).  It goes on into March but by mid March people are starting to clear out as it starts to get hot/humid. Things start to build up a bit in October. My own term for the time from just before Xmas to just after New Year is super high season. Most crowded then as many people get a couple of weeks off work around the holidays. Songkran is very busy in April but I avoid that water fight.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, wastopcat said:

I'm not sure. You have way more experience than I do. Not sure I could keep up. But I will certainly give it a go. 

Not a lot of keeping up to do these days TC, just grab a table by the sea and have a beer and you’ll pretty much be doing my thing, not much strain involved really.:biggrin:  You’ll likely visit more ladyboy bars in your short time there than I would in 3 or 4 months.  Talking of bars, are there any particular venues you want to visit?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 11:37 AM, wastopcat said:

A question for the Thai Veterans. When would Hi and Low Season be. I'm thinking about visiting for the first time in Jan Feb 2018. 

For me the high season starts just after 15th january...you can see that most hotels have lower prices after that date...best month to visit is february and march ...that is my opinion

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PANIC said:

For me the high season starts just after 15th january...you can see that most hotels have lower prices after that date...best month to visit is february and march ...that is my opinion

That's the general consensus I think. So late Feb or early March is what I'm thinking. 

I have some business to attend to early next year and I'll go afterwards. 

Another question. I was thinking that 15-17 days would be enough. I don't plan on doing much other than bars and girls with a little beach or poolside relaxation. I don't wish to rush around trying to bang everything in a week. I think two or three ST a week would be good for me. 

What do you guys think. 

39 minutes ago, wastopcat said:

What do you guys think. 

Lodging is cheap and airfare is a big expense, so if it was me, I'd take as long a trip as possible so your original plan of one month would be preferable to 15-17 days IMO.

The extra days if you dont have sex won't cost much but of course the sex is always available.

If possible I'd do all of February instead of March as its cooler in February in Thailand and colder in Ireland but there is no bad time, really depends on your schedule at home.

The reason I am thinking of making it shorter is I had something come up and might not be able to leave for a full month. So thinking about up to 3 weeks. Then maybe plan for later in year with herself. 

I do prefer the longer stays but I think 3 weeks may be enough to get a good sample of one town.