Little Known Bangkok Bar Areas

Pdoggg

I reckon the three best known Bangkok bar areas are Nana, Cowboy, and Patpong.

Then there's Soi 33 where the Art Bars are and was home to the now defunct Darkside.

Only recently did I check out Queens Park and I liked the scale, scope, and vibe. Maybe cause i was drunk and in the right mood. In the back of my mind I always knew it was there but never had reason to check it out.

So was wondering if there are other areas that our Forum members might find interesting?

I went to Queens Park a couple of weeks ago. I usually check it out one night if I'm in BKK. Especially easy to get there now if one is headed to Why Not. It is an interesting place and it seemed business was OK there and at the bars on Suk 22 before you get to QP. But not a great place for LB hunting. Chaos 9 was pretty much a ghost town and few LBs elsewhere.

After I left QP I met a LB working in a bar on Suk 22. I bought her a drink and then couldn't get rid of her. She followed me all the way to and into Why Not (she used to work there). She ordered a beer so I made an escape while she was getting her beer.  

19 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

After I left QP I met a LB working in a bar on Suk 22. I bought her a drink and then couldn't get rid of her. She followed me all the way to and into Why Not (she used to work there). She ordered a beer so I made an escape while she was getting her beer.  

Perhaps it was the EDT you were wearing, or she just found you Simply IrresistIble  :biggrin:

On 9/18/2017 at 8:57 PM, globetrotter said:

were there many Lbs in the bars of Queen Park PD? 

Not really, though I saw one obvious one and walked in.

As xyzzy said above its easy to walk to from Why Not.

I was looking for Chaos 9 but couldn't find it. But being drunk, maybe I was there and didn't realize it.

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Not really, though I saw one obvious one and walked in.

As xyzzy said above its easy to walk to from Why Not.

I was looking for Chaos 9 but couldn't find it. But being drunk, maybe I was there and didn't realize it.

ah I see, these days Bangkok doesn't hold nearly the same allure as it once did  for me

20 hours ago, globetrotter said:

these days Bangkok doesn't hold nearly the same allure as it once did  for me

Me neither,  I used to love mini-trips to the Big Mango but I have not bothered in the last few years, even hanging out in Big Doggs watching the parade of ladies coming to and from their work became boring.......don't miss Bangkok at all and in no rush whatsover to go back tbh .....just imho :biggrin:

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

Me neither,  I used to love mini-trips to the Big Mango

I feel the same, in the earlier days of the trips I would always spend a couple of days at least in Bangkok before heading down to Pattaya for the rest of the trip, for more than 10 years now I haven't bothered with Bangkok and I must say I haven't missed it one bit.

2 hours ago, BigTel said:

I feel the same, in the earlier days of the trips I would always spend a couple of days at least in Bangkok before heading down to Pattaya for the rest of the trip, for more than 10 years now I haven't bothered with Bangkok and I must say I haven't missed it one bit.

and when you bring relative value into the equation its a no brainer for me

15 hours ago, duke007 said:

even hanging out in Big Doggs watching the parade of ladies coming to and from their work became boring

Beers on the rail at Big Dogs are now 140 baht. The price of doing business at Nana I guess. I like BKK still but it is so much more expensive it's not really worth the effort. Just wish The Tavern on Soi 4 was in Pattaya and I could get the American comfort food here. 

• 5 months later...

Was reading an article that referred to "New Petchaburi or the dark corners of Suan Lum" as place to find ladies of the night.

Suan Lum would be short for Suan Lumpini or Lumpini Park but think they are not referring to sex in the bushes but rather the Night Market which moved from Lumpini and is now on Ratchada.

Anyone go hunting there and if so exactly where on New Petchburi or the outskirts of Suan Lum is the action?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/19/2017 at 2:05 PM, xyzzy said:

Queens Park a couple of weeks ago. I usually check it out one night if I'm in BKK. Especially easy to get there now if one is headed to Why Not. It is an interesting place and it seemed business was OK there and at the bars on Suk 22 before you get to QP. But not a great place for LB hunting. Chaos 9 was pretty much a ghost town and few LBs elsewhere.

This is how the area where Queens Park Plaza used to be looks like now:

Some of the bars, including my personal favorite "Rumours," have moved to the new bar area between Sukhumvit Soi 7 and 5. Chaos 9 and Why Not? bars are now on Sukhumvit Soi 4 (Soi Nana). 

EklMosiUcAEWgLF?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by Papa Sam
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, xyzzy said:

Can someone remind me how to open these Twitter links. All I get is a Firefox error.

A different browser might also help, such as Chrome for Android devices, Safari for Apple, and Edge for Windows PCs...

Error messages could also come from your VPN or your antivirus software, as both might block access to the tweet. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, sydneyjohn57 said:

You could try "right clicking" the pic link and choosing open in new tab or new window.

Thanks all. I have to right click on Open Link (not tabs) in New Window as I hate tabs and have them turned off in Firefox.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Random @7 Bar (ex Rumours Bar) has opened recently:

image.png.3d60d961afefe885a4ddd925797add48.png

image.png.70e8a8d5387f13188550768f6a1993bf.png

245991939_10220898653036907_180301745368

They are located in front of the relatively new bar area between Sukhumvit Soi 5 and Soi 7.

The bar sign reminds me of the two Random Bars in Nana Plaza:

image.png.0f0808d580bfe84922f9262238245615.png

Perhaps the same owners?

Rumours Bar, which just before the pandemic hit, moved from Queens Park Plaza to Soi 7, apparently has called it quits... 

Edited by Papa Sam
Wrong bar name
  • Like 2