Holy Cow - Low Airfares Los Angeles to Bangkok - $424 Kayak.com

RandiUno2

Ok....I know you high rollers like to fly Emerites Airs, and will occassionally slum on Cathay Pacific or KAL, but Kayak.com is showing roundtrip airfares LAX to Bangkok for $424 including taxes on China Southern.  I know you take your life in your hands with China Southern, but hell...at $424, I will take the gamble and bad food.

I would not consider Cathay Pacific as flying "slum", flew with them a few times...they were fantastic, plenty of legroom and the service was excellent, well up there with Emirates and Qatar Airways imho B)

Would I ever fly China Southern?....not a fookin chance, no matter how cheap the fare was :biggrin:

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

I would not consider Cathay Pacific as flying "slum", flew with them a few times...they were fantastic, plenty of legroom and the service was excellent, well up there with Emirates and Qatar Airways imho B)

Would I ever fly China Southern?....not a fookin chance, no matter how cheap the fare was :biggrin:

I guess you didn''t get my satire!

I flew with China Eastern Airlines (similar to CS I would imagine) back in November and paid only $660 which is super cheap as in about half what I usually pay with Eva or China Airlines (both out of Taiwan), and at that price i  would fly with them again in a heartbeat, I can deal  with  alot to save that kind of money, would rather spend it on beer and barfines than a 18 an hour flight which if all goes well can sleep through a big chunk of it

20 hours ago, globetrotter said:

I flew with China Eastern Airlines (similar to CS I would imagine) back in November and paid only $660 which is super cheap as in about half what I usually pay with Eva or China Airlines (both out of Taiwan), and at that price i  would fly with them again in a heartbeat, I can deal  with  alot to save that kind of money, would rather spend it on beer and barfines than a 18 an hour flight which if all goes well can sleep through a big chunk of it

I have flown China Eastern (May 2017) to BKK from NYC, and I was very surprised. It is much better than China Southern. I think China Eastern is based out of Taiwan, while China Southern is based out of PRC.  I would rate China Eastern a full step above China Southern....but that being said...when you still have 2 kids in college, you do what you gotta do to get to Thailand!

2 hours ago, RandiUno2 said:

I have flown China Eastern (May 2017) to BKK from NYC, and I was very surprised. It is much better than China Southern. I think China Eastern is based out of Taiwan, while China Southern is based out of PRC.  I would rate China Eastern a full step above China Southern....but that being said...when you still have 2 kids in college, you do what you gotta do to get to Thailand!

China Eastern is actually based in Shanghai and yes I thought it was definitely good for the money, even the food was pretty decent, only thing was that they moved the flight time up 1 hour and  thank God my travel  agent told me 3 or 4 days in advance while the airline itself only called me the day before and the lady who did call hardly spoke any English, if it wasn't for the travel agent I would have had no Idea what she was talking  about