I like the piece as well. What I find exceedingly bizarre is not only the astronomical price, but the "art world" itself. To me, there is something very fishy going on in terms of what even passes for "art" and the prices some of this stuff commands. But, I am not a New York millionaire intellectual art aficionado, so what do I know?

Art was once described to me as anything that gives you pleasure. Be it music, writing, or a painting. All very subjective I suppose but for me I derive no sensory pleasure whatsoever in the above example. One person's floor is another person's ceiling yada, yada...

I love the various stages of creating a painting...from meeting a lb model...preparing poses for the canvas...taking pics of her...and finally using the colours...i am a lb painter

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, sustra2 said:

..i am a lb painter

FB_IMG_1495294606273.jpg

FB_IMG_1495294618678.jpg

FB_IMG_1495294644822.jpg

Shit, and a VERY talented one Sustra2. Well done by you. Now that I'd buy.

For the famous one that opens the thread I wouldn't pay $1.49 for it, much less $149m.

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2017 at 11:43 PM, sustra2 said:

And the final result...this one is called " rotation mirror " 140 x 190 oil on canvas

FB_IMG_1495294486360.jpg

Damn, damn, damn, The images will not load on my iPad. 

I highly recommend recommemd Exit Through the Gift Shop for a fascinating take by Banksy on the contemporary art world. Orson Wells' F for Fake is also pretty mind blowing. 

Banksy: 

Wells: