Phnom Penh Haircuts

Pdoggg

Stumbled upon the 5000 (1.25 USD) riel sign outside AR Haircuts on, confirmed the price and had myself a comfortable indoor haircut. With tip it was 6000 baht, everyone happy, and then he gave me a moist towlette.  He also did my eyebrows and asked if I wanted my nose hair cut.

It's located on the left hand side of Street  118 headed from Street 15 to Street 19.

Most barbers don't have a sign with prices and often quote some ridiculous baring price that the Khmers surely ain't paying so I just smile and walk out.

This compares favorably to the outdoor barbers who charge 1 USD but this involves haggling so  I will continue to use AR in the future.

But if you have never had an outdoor haircut before, I recommend u check it out as it is a true 3rd World experience.

But if u want a good cheap haircut  inside a comfortable shop without haggling then check out AR.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Stumbled upon the 5000 (1.25 USD) riel sign outside AR Haircuts, confirmed the price and had myself a comfortable indoor haircut. With tip it wa 6000 baht, everyone happy,

Very generous of you Mr doggg  :biggrin:

Not that anyone cares except me, but my haircuts here in Saigon at a hole in the wall about 200m from my house are 30k VND = USD1.50. Barber a good boy (straight), polite, consistent clean neat cuts.

• Upvote 2