How Much Does Beer Cost At Your Local

How much does beer cost at your local boozer back home?

Or maybe you just go to bars in Thailand and couldn't be bothered back home?

Draft is the equivalent of 18 baht at my local in Phnom Penh but it's really more of an eatery and I generally order a fruit shake for 35 baht as I really don't want a beer buzz most nights.

I don't drink a lot at home but normally pay $6-8 AUD for a schooner. The worst are music venues in Sydney, places like the Enmore and State theatres charge $10+ for a can or bottle. No more $2 beers after I leave LOS.

I used to drink Coopers Pale Ale but I don't know if I can anymore due to their political associations.

• Upvote 2

$10.00 Jugs @ of Tiger Beer - The Palace Hotel and the Haymarket Hotel, CBD- Sydney

4.00 Schooners (Happy Hour) - Mountbatten Hotel George St Sydney

The List can go..

$8,00 Jugs @ The Stonewall - Oxford st

I'll be flying into to Bangkok on Tuesday afternoon, settled in to the Hotel by early evening, out on the hunt later that night, oh what a pity the 'Bangkok Beat' has closed, better hit Nana then.

Dentist in Asoke next day @ 1.30pm

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

How much does beer cost at your local boozer back home?

Or maybe you just go to bars in Thailand and couldn't be bothered back home?

Draft is the equivalent of 18 baht at my local in Phnom Penh but it's really more of an eatery and I generally order a fruit shake for 35 baht as I really don't want a beer buzz most nights.

18 bht PD....you must think you have died and gone to heaven 555

• Upvote 1

1 pint of german draft spaten is € 3,50 / 4......but it costs me a lot more effort drinking it not in company of lbs...i usually drink wine in my country...so price differs from the quality and brand

living in an area in rome just a few minutes from south american lbs. ..i do not even offer a glass of wine to them....the majority would drink down the bottle and ask for more..never met one of them sober or "not high" 

a blowjob is € 20....cheaper than a glass of beer...if you are enough brave to go with them....

• Upvote 1

Pints of Carling, Strongbow/Strongbow dark fruit Cider & Guinesss.....£3.60p (approx 160 baht by today's exchange rate))

Coors Light....£3-80p ((168)

Stella....£3.90p (171)

Bitter....£3.20p (141)

Smooth Bitter...£3.10p (137)

Bottled beers like Bud, Peroni, Corona, WKD's, IPA, Smirnoff Ice etc are £3 (132 baht)

Smirnoff Vodka, Bacardi, Rum, Whiskey and Gordons Gin are approx 100 baht for a 25ml measure

• Upvote 1

My local in Saigon, 150m from my front door, charges 18k VND for an ice cold Heineken bottle (300+ml).

That's just a tad over $1 AUD, or let's say about 80 US cents.

When I go into town to watch sport at a sports bar I pay more, but at my favourite it is 35k for a Tiger draft pot (about 300ml). Delicious beer. Two bucks or less.

I can watch the game, drink 10 of those, eat a superb hamburger with chips, and come away with a bill of just over 20 USD.

May explain why I live here.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The price of beer in Britain, continental Europe, Australia, and even our neighbors to the north, Canada, is ridiculous.  Heavily taxed alcohol in an attempt at social engineering at the same time filling the coffers to fund the nanny states.  And I'm a Dem saying this!  lol

Beer in Thailand is more expensive than in the US.  A 24-can case of Thai beer at Makro, Big C, etc. is around 700-800 THB, at least 50% higher than comparable beer in the US.  Chang tastes like crap, and so does Milwaukee's Best, but I just picked up a 30-can cube of Milwaukee Best Ice (now 6.9% alcohol!) for $15 plus a modest US $1 or so tax.  That's the taste of freedom, my friends!

At bars pint drafts of basic American brews typically go for $2-$3, but are often less during happy hours.  My local sports bar was recently running a $2.22 for 22oz. of Budweiser special (or Bud Light if you're a homo...).  Good craft beers, on the other hand, will run around $4-$6 a pint.  But when you're eating wings and watching the game, Bud will work just fine.

• 2 weeks later...