Coronation Day

Is this Friday May 5 a public holiday for coronation day? (after the death of the king). If so how will this affect things? Will the bars still open later in the day. 

I can remember going to soi 6 in Pattaya years ago on a public holiday. I seem to remember Hi Boss being open with the lights off and very low key.

May 5 is no longer a public holiday in Thailand, everything should be operating as normal.    July 28 and October 13 have been added as new holidays.  How they are treated by officials re: bar openings is unknown.

Visakha Bucha Day is May 10 this year (2017).  It is the most important holy day in Buddhism, shops, bars and restaurants are "officially" prohibited from selling alcohol from midnight to midnight.  You might be able to get a drink somewhere but do not expect music, dancing or partying.

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, EyeMahk said:

May 5 is no longer a public holiday in Thailand, everything should be operating as normal.    July 28 and October 13 have been added as new holidays.  How they are treated by officials re: bar openings is unknown.

Thanks thought that was the case. I was just making some bookings the other day and google prompted me that the 5th was a holiday and times may vary. Sadly I will be back home by the 10th.