BTS Skytrain security

Morrolan

It's been a a couple of years since I have been in Thailand and they have obviously increased security on the Skytrain. Whilst trying to catch it to Ekamai and heading on to Pattaya I was pulled aside to have my bag checked. All good.

I was then asked to open my bag after the metal detector went off and found that it was Leatherman that had set it off. The guard then told me that I couldn't board the train and that he would have to confiscate the pocket knife. So I smiled said thank you and left. 

Now I am all for security in this day and age but seriously what am I going to do with my Leatherman. The dumb thing is I put it in my pocket walked to the next station and boarded the train.

IMG_0707.JPG

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

and forget anything like small scissors to trim mustache, etc.  There was a time they'd confiscate nail clippers. This last series of flights I took, never had to take off sandals, or belt, it was very sensible.  Probably a fluke. Usually I joke with them that I will come someday in swim trunks and paper bag with clothes in it.