Electric Price Will Rise In May

Pdoggg

Electricity prices will rise to 3.5079 per unit from May to August.

This shouldn't affect guys with monthly rental too much as many landlords charge double or triple the official rate and are unlikely to raise your rate over this small increase.

This overcharging for electric probably helps guys who hardly use aircon since if landlords didn't overcharge then rents would be a little higher.  But guys who run their AC all the time pay substantially more.

A typical aircon might use 20 times the power of a fan making aircon the biggest driver of one's electric bill with the fridge second in most cases.

I went googling around to find out which appliances are biggest energy hogs.  Lots of info out their; I found MichaelBluejay.com to be a pretty good source of info.

I usually run the aircon heavay for about a half hour before sleeping and then shut if off and run the fan all night.  When I get home, I put on the AC and fan, take a quick shower, then shut of the AC and am quite comfortable.

It's not just about the money. If I run the aircon all night, I tend to catch nasty colds.

You are right about the aircon PD 

Not natural to be blowing cold air like that and the surefire way to wake up with a sore throat and a head cold ! 

Though it happens a lot less in decent hotels when the aircon isn't pointed right at your head and maintained properly .

When I spent my 3 months in Hua Hin FROM June thru August I thought my electrical bills would be off the charts. Running the air conditioner and fans, plus 3 showers a day plus laundry. My electrical bill averaged $13.00 per month while my water bill averaged $3.00. In the summer here my electrical bill is about $125.00.