Bangkok to Ban Street-Food Vendors

strocube

All the hotels must have got together to try and stamp out the yummy foodies, I like the food stalls around bkk they have always been a fav of mine . A great meal for under 100 baht or a hotel meal for 300 + . and then you see the falangs in all the fast food joints witch I cant understand , you can buy that shit any time at home.

Probably due to food poisoning...if you eat enough times you will succumb to this...the hygiene is pretty bad lets face it

even some of the al fresco eateries  with roofs like Bus Stop on Soi 4 are fly traps and are probably worse than the stools ouside.

To be honest i try to eat inside now as less risk...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

same. My go to spot for 10 yrs, Soi 38 was erradicated by condo development. I hear Soi 95 food area got removed too, need to check that when I get back. I LIKE eating from a folding table, sitting in a plastic chair while cars whiz by only feet from me :)  It's a great way to take in the whole atmosphere of Bangkok. Which it seems they are set on doing away with as street sellers have mostly disappeared with only some redundant ones selling bullshit like fantasy knives. Apparently they want you IN STORES, hotels, restaurants, etc.  Course those folks DO pay taxes but still, it'll reduce Bkk to "just another too big city" status.  I don't spend much time there when I go to LOS nowadays. Very sad as the old vibe is what KEPT a lot of folks IN Bkk, and not heading right for the bus station, etc.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/8/2019 at 2:49 PM, Pdoggg said:

Jay Fai is the only Bangkok street food outlet with a Michelin star.  It ain't cheap though.

Temporarily closed for a deep clean as a patron who visited the restaurant on April 1st tested positive for Covid-19.