Thailand, vloggers worth checking out

globetrotter

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2022 at 2:18 AM, bumblebee said:

Bangkok Pat

Oh dear. Don't be this guy.  The dreaded auntie and taking advice from forum experts :biggrin:

I didn't realize the amount of expat suicides at Swampy was due to the airport is cursed, built on burial grounds. Horrible.

Moving to Thailand: Your new life in Thailand, does it revolve around nightlife, bars and drinking? Are your newly found besties from around that scene? The success stories were never told with the same enthusiasm as the failures, because the stories of failure would get the trolls and experts excited. They would come on forums posting comments, telling everyone how they would do it better or differently.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Food for thoughts. This double pricing is getting really old.  Bangkok Pat is so good.

Farang social media. Born again farang mobs who defend double pricing to the death. They will come out with intelligent comments like: 'Well if you don't like it, you know where the airport is. They get a kick out of saying this, everytime they can say this , they mark it off in a calendar.

• Like 1

I didn't watch all those vids but I gather the gist is that the Thai Government wants hotels to go back to pre-pandemic pricing with Thais paying the same rates as foreign tourists. And the hoteliers are opposed to this as much of the bookings they are getting now are from internal Thai nationals' tourism.

I have to say I agree with the hoteliers. I'm not convinced that Thais should pay the same to stay in Thai hotels when their income is usually much less than foreign tourists.

9 hours ago, Quietguy said:

have to say I agree with the hoteliers. I'm not convinced that Thais should pay the same to stay in Thai hotels when their income is usually much less than foreign tourists.

I  disagree.

So when an American tourist visits Stockholm he should pay more than a swede since they make more? Are you a capitalist? :biggrin:

• 1 year later...