Budget Bangkok Hotel Ibis vs Woraburi

Pdoggg

In the past, I've always recommended the Woraburi as the best budget hotel based on the very reasonable price and a nice rooftop pool.

But recently the Woraburi seems to be charging a bit ore than previously and the Ibis a bit less making them both good budget choices.

If a swimming pool is a plus for you then go with the Woraburi.  But if you're not going to use the pool then the Ibis may be better for you as the rooms are a bit newer, the staff a bit firendlier, and it's a closer walk to Nana.  The 5 minute vs 10 minute walk certainly helps if it is raining. But even with good weather, sometimes it's nice to be able to quickly pop into the room.

They both have good breakfast buffets which sometimes is free if using Booking.com.  Brekkie is normally priced at 200 baht which is a fair price but I often dont want to wake up early for breakfast.  Note the Ibis breakfast ends at around 10:30 though in the room they indicate a free light breakfast to noon which doesnt exist but is a pretty good idea for late risers.

I booked the Ibis for one night as I didn't think I'd be using the pool, both hotels were about the same price nd I was curious.

Ibis has a safe big enough for a laptop. Think the Woraburi does too but I forget and am not 100% sure their safe fits a laptop.

For a long stay I'd still choose the Woraburi for the pool but for a short stay might pick the Ibis.

If booking wither through Booking.com please use the links on our sister sites. We earn a small commission at no extra cost to you which helps defray Ladyboy Review's operational expenses.

Ibis

Woraburi

Useful Travel Links on Thailand Travel Fun

42 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

In the past, I've always recommended the Woraburi as the best budget hotel based on the very reasonable price and a nice rooftop pool.

But recently the Woraburi seems to be charging a bit ore than previously and the Ibis a bit less making them both good budget choices.

If a swimming pool is a plus for you then go with the Woraburi.  But if you're not going to use the pool then the Ibis may be better for you as the rooms are a bit newer, the staff a bit firendlier, and it's a closer walk to Nana.  The 5 minute vs 10 minute walk certainly helps if it is raining. But even with good weather, sometimes it's nice to be able to quickly pop into the room.

They both have good breakfast buffets which sometimes is free if using Booking.com.  Brekkie is normally priced at 200 baht which is a fair price but I often dont want to wake up early for breakfast.  Note the Ibis breakfast ends at around 10:30 though in the room they indicate a free light breakfast to noon which doesnt exist but is a pretty good idea for late risers.

I booked the Ibis for one night as I didn't think I'd be using the pool, both hotels were about the same price nd I was curious.

Ibis has a safe big enough for a laptop. Think the Woraburi does too but I forget and am not 100% sure their safe fits a laptop.

For a long stay I'd still choose the Woraburi for the pool but for a short stay might pick the Ibis.

If booking wither through Booking.com please use the links on our sister sites. We earn a small commission at no extra cost to you which helps defray Ladyboy Review's operational expenses.

Ibis

Woraburi

Useful Travel Links on Thailand Travel Fun

or you, can, stay, at The Swan Inn on soi 4 like I, did last night 700 baht,,, no, pool,, no room safe, decent other than that, great  location between the Ibis and NEP ,, and  at least 3 Philipina, Lbs (that I, met last night ) staying there now, the one in room 2 is particularly hot, hence a visit to my room :) 

• Upvote 2