cheap restaurants

globetrotter

couldn't  find an existing thread about this so anyways thought I would chime in with 2  on my beloved soi 6, Jimmy Macs cheap breakfast, cheap sandwiches 70 bht and quite good, cheap beer  and 70 bht wine but closes at 6pm  and just down the soi towards km Beach Rd is Jack Tar bar bigger menu than Jimmy's, cheap beer as well (happy hour even) again cheap but good sammies, and open till midnight so 2 great little gems with good cheap food and drink and amazing people watching as you can imagine right in the thick of it 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I think the Tin Cup place on Buakhao has excellent food but am reluctant to go there unless I see that there aren't too many customers whi haven't been served yet.  

is that the place beside the gold shop with big red sign (few doors south of Nidcha, same side)? 

The tin cup place or Yep is a cheap and tasty place for Thai food 

There's no prices on the menu but the cheapest meal I had was 40 Baht and the most expensive 80 baht 

I took a ladyboy there for lunch one day and the total bill was 140 Baht I sure know how to show them a good time ! 

Actually she enjoyed the food a lot 

Just be careful of the new opening hours :biggrin:

(7191) IMG_20170316_134639.jpg

(7271) IMG_20170325_142824.jpg

• Upvote 2

Tin cup is one of my favourites.

Not just because it's difficult to spend 100bht inc. a beer but the food is always fresh and tasty.

Shame they've trimmed their opening hours as it was a great early morning drop-in prior to jimjams time.

S2F

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Skin2fan said:

Tin cup is one of my favourites.

Not just because it's difficult to spend 100bht inc. a beer but the food is always fresh and tasty.

Shame they've trimmed their opening hours as it was a great early morning drop-in prior to jimjams time.

S2F

one small problem is that is, it very hot in there,, but I don't stay long so not a real big thing, like others if too busy I just don't go, only went once in 26 days this trip as it was always too busy for my liking 

Given the prices its always busy and seems very popular with guys who live in Pattaya and who are probably on a budget .

A bit like a works canteen its rare to get a table alone and you just gotta grab a spare seat when you see one .

The guy who serves has toes upturned on one foot like he's been tortured by the Kray brothers or something so best not to look down too much when tucking into your lunch 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Jimslim said:

Given the prices its always busy and seems very popular with guys who live in Pattaya and who are probably on a budget .

A bit like a works canteen its rare to get a table alone and you just gotta grab a spare seat when you see one .

The guy who serves has toes upturned on one foot like he's been tortured by the Kray brothers or something so best not to look down too much when tucking into your lunch 

its  the young girl server I feel sorry for,  she just  appears to hate being there so much, seems to be a family business so obviously  not there by choice at such a young age

I never looked at his feet but I guess you are talking about the guy with the limp.

Figured out the pricing there. Most dishes that come with rice are 40 baht if served on one plate or 80 baht if on two plates with rice on one plate and the main dish on the other.

Left my bag with my laptop there once and they came running after me.