Phone Charger Cords

Pdoggg

I'm having bad luck with phone chargers.

I've broke two of them and a third one I have to fiddle around with for a minute or the phone doesn't charge.

Anyone have a particular shop in Tuk Com or anywhere in Pattaya that you recommend that I use to buy a charger?

Are there certain brands that are better than others?  I'll be traveling a bit and don't want to be stuck without a charger and don't mind paying extra for a quality product.  Thanks!

EDIT:   Actually it's not the charger that I broke but rather the cord that connects to the charger on one end and the phone on the other..  Maybe certain models are best off with a slightly different cord? So I am looking for a shop that will sell me what I actually need rather that what they have that sort of works.

41xUZrcAHaL.jpg

You always have the option of taking your charger and phone to the shop and testing the cable to see if it will charge. If it doesn't don't buy. If it works, go ahead. I would recommend buying a longer than standard cable as that reduces the possibility of a slight knock interrupting the charging or damaging the cable/socket. 

• Upvote 1

THanks for the input guys!

With the two broken ones, it is the metal input which connects the cord to the phone that is damaged, maybe from trying to shove the wrong side in, maybe one side should be a different side in.

The other charger is strange, sometimes I have to hold the phone up high to get it charging and slowly bring it down to the table.

I purchased a spare charging cable for my iPhone 6 in a 7/11, Mid January at a cost of approximately 100 Baht. Despite the price it's a quality product, much stronger than the original Apple accessories.

it's gold in colour with the full length of the cable protected by nylon 'parachute cord' I use it every day, works well with no visible signs of wear thus far.

Sometimes there are little gems on the shelves in Thai 7/11's away from the usual food,beverages, toothpaste, shower gel  and condoms.

For the record, it was the store located on Soi Buakaow close to the entrance of Soi 15.

• Upvote 1

The build quality of the official Apple cables seems to be total dogshite, I think I paid 700B for one before that snapped so easily. I've had 150 baht ones from Tukcom and the like that last me very well, until Apple release firmware upgrades that detect I am using an unofficial cable.

I've had problems before (Apple and Android) where it's not so much a problem with the cable but the voltage being sent from the dodgy Thai socket or charger plug. I've had cables that don't charge very well connected to the mains but charge super fast when I connect them to my power bank.

• Upvote 1

In your pic  its looks like USB Type A to another plug... its on the way out as from feb this year ( in EU anyway)

All mobile phone charger cords must migrate to USB Type C ...in Europe anyway from this year onwards ..its a new world standard and means that the plug can plug plugged in any way around plus many other benefits.. there is a microchip in some of the leads.... Apple aside, all phones will use the same plug within a few years. ( apple were involved in the design though)

From next year all Laptops and phones must have the same plug in the EU - USB Type C... the new chargers have 4 voltage settings to cover this and will offer 5v 9v 15v and 20v...the device will auto detect the correct voltage

So soon, well a couple of years , you will go to the airport and plug your Laptopn into the same charger port as your phone .... take my word for it

http://learning.halight.com/monsoon/?course=VND16US1001#index=1

• Upvote 1