The Bum Gun

bumblebee

I bought a bum gun in Home Pro just before I came home and hope to get it installed this weekend, hallelujah!  I must have been going to Los for 5 or 6 years before I finally became a convert.  For years I used to see them hanging there, waiting for some attention, but(t) no, I am sticking (sometimes literally) to my tried and trusted toilet tissue was my thinking.

I am not sure when exactly my road to Demascus moment finally arrived, quite likely when I was too drunk to remember to buy some tissue on the way home one night and finally I had to use the only alternative available.  One blast of that gun and I was sold, I resented forever more having to use tissue when I was back in farangland.

So what about the rest of you, are you fans or not of this ubiquitous Thai bathroom essential?

Tried using it once but couldn't control the spray and made a mess of room. Resisted it afterwards. If there is a method/technique of using it please share. BTW if you use it what do you wipe your ass with after you spray? And please don't tell me the bathroom towel. 

6 minutes ago, SiamSam said:

BTW if you use it what do you wipe your ass with after you spray? And please don't tell me the bathroom towel. 

You must remember SS after using it, it's the same as having had a shower, and how do you dry your butt after that?:biggrin:  Dabbing some tissue is also an option.

7 minutes ago, SiamSam said:

couldn't control the spray and made a mess of room.

Some are more powerful than others in my experience, but a good aim should keep it all in the bowl area and away from the walls and .....ceiling.

34 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

I bought a bum gun in Home Pro just before I came home and hope to get it installed this weekend, hallelujah!  I must have been going to Los for 5 or 6 years before I finally became a convert.  For years I used to see them hanging there, waiting for some attention, but(t) no, I am sticking (sometimes literally) to my tried and trusted toilet tissue was my thinking.

The Douche is my best mate when I am in Thailand,  keep my butt clean and it gets treated mean :rolleye0012:

• Upvote 1

After my first few trips I met a regular of mine.  She knew I loved to be rimmed and would always say "make good cleaning" when I went to the toilet.  She eventually showed me how to use the bum gun effectively.  I use it all the time now and the tissue paper just to dry off the pleasure zone. 

After extended trips to Thailand I find myself reaching for the bum gun at home and it's not there. I keep saying I need to put one in, but I'm not that handy when it comes to plumbing.  

• Upvote 1

I love the bum-gun for rear-end ablutions following one of life's necessities. In fact, providing constipation is not part of the equation (rare in Thailand), then the whole experience, from beginning to end, is one of life's little pleasures. Having the squirts is never an issue.

Annual 12-day trips home to the UK leave me with apprehension re: number twos, as my hoop is now perhaps the softest it's ever been since I was a baby, but it's susceptible to soreness using only paper without the post-poop douche. Despite Mum ensuring the soft stuff is available.

Definitely a wise move installing a bum-gun if you don't already have one. But farang toilets aren't often designed to cope with excess water on the floor, should that happen.

My main tip for the bum-gun process would be to pre-prepare the tissue paper before you start, rather than afterwards when one set of fingers are wet. 3 pieces folded to make a triple-thick single, then folded in half and placed somewhere close and convenient. Used purely as a dabber for drying purposes after the event.

• Upvote 3

I use a towel afterwards as I am clean. Learning to use the bum gun is a little strange but you will finger it out...

I installed a bum gun at home in the US. The first thing I realized was the water is too cold at home. Especially during the winter. You can buy small water heaters but since I haven't I currently don't have a bum gun in use at home.

One thing to remember if you install a bum gun is most all Thai bathrooms have a drain in the floor. Your bathroom floor probably doesn't have a drain. I installed a cheap bum gun a few years ago at home and it sprung a leak at a cable joint. The flood extended out onto the hallway carpet before I noticed. I was lucky I caught it fairly fast.

I bought another bum gun that has a valve so that you can turn off the water supply to the bum gun where it connects to the plumbing. But until I figure out a heater it will stay in the box,

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, donnykey said:

i refuse to stay in a hotel that hasn't got a bum hose ..... For "people in our profession" i cannot fathom how anyone would not use one.

I booked a hotel without a bum gun assuming they all that them. I had to move to another hotel.

I absolutely LOVE the ubiquitous ass washers in Thailand. Very civilized. 

In Europe and parts of South America they have bidets. 

Dunno how people can walk around with a shitty ass all day. Wiping with paper does not clean your ass. If you got shit on your hands, you wouldn't simply wipe it off with paper and call it good. Why should your ass be any different? Also,  if I am not squeaky clean, my ass  itches something fierce. Not fun. 

I carry single wrap wet wipes for when I have to shit someplace that does not have ass washers or bidets. 

• Upvote 2

Actually, the "bum guns" are basically the same as the spray unit that comes with a kitchen sink faucet set, at least in the US.  They are easily plumbed to the water supply to a toilet.  There is a much better selection at Home Pro, however.  Since we are graphically sharing in this man-chat, if using the bum gun for enemal purposes you want one with a smaller diameter head so you can easily get it up the entry to your rectum at least a cm or so.  Also, get used to the trigger on your unit so you can modulate a gentle flow of water into your bowels.  Whew!  Too much information...

Yes, you definitely get used to them and miss them when staying at a hotel that doesn't have them.  Needless to say, your sweetie of the hour will miss them as well.  Oh, but the sweeties are clever.  For incomprehensible reasons the soiboy's favored hotel for seedy mongering accommodation for a day or two on soi 4 in BKK, the oh so conveniently located DieNasty Inn, does not have bum guns.  But I discovered a useful trick several years ago from a freelancer oh so conveniently located just outside the front door of the DieNasty Inn.  While she was in the bathroom preparing for sodomy I heard some clanging and clacking from the shower, I peered in to see that she had unscrewed the shower head from the flex hose and had used the end of the hose for a deep cleansing.  Good to know.   Beware, however, not to shoot the small rubber sealing washer at the end of the hose up your butt...

• Upvote 2

In Thailand, the Douche Hose is an essentiall requirement for any self respecting ladyboy arse bandit, it's one of the very first things I look for in a hotel room. Four years ago in Bangkok, my chosen four day lodgings on Soi 11 didn't have one, I complained to housekeeping and they installed one within the hour.

Back home, I've self installed a douche next to one of my toilets, simple enough procedure using a washing machine self tapping fitting. I did it myself because my usual plumber refused on the basis they are illegal to install in the U.K. due to gun accidentally or otherwise being immersed in the toilet bowl and then easily able to suck dirty water directly back into the mains fresh water supply. There is probably a valve I should be using to prevent this happening, but it would possibly reduce the water pressure which is not great.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, strocube said:

Dunno how people can walk around with a shitty ass all day. Wiping with paper does not clean your ass. If you got shit on your hands, you wouldn't simply wipe it off with paper and call it good.

This is the point many people who have never seen one seem to miss.  Over the years I have explained it to people who have never been to Los and they just dismiss it as "disgusting" etc that you would have a special water gun for your arse.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 8:59 AM, xyzzy said:

. The first thing I realized was the water is too cold at home. 

This was a concern of mine also so I got it rigged it up to the hot tap water supply.  The water is seldom very very hot, and if too cold I just let it run for a few seconds till the tepid/warmer water begins to flow.  I make sure the business is finished  before I feel it getting too hot, adds a bit of Russian roulette to what was until recently an otherwise tedious daily chore.  Happy days!

15 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

This was a concern of mine also so I got it rigged it up to the hot tap water supply.  The water is seldom very very hot, and if too cold I just let it run for a few seconds till the tepid/warmer water begins to flow.  I make sure the business is finished  before I feel it getting too hot, adds a bit of Russian roulette to what was until recently an otherwise tedious daily chore.  Happy days!

Did you source it locally or bring iy back with you. 

30 minutes ago, wastopcat said:

Did you source it locally or bring iy back with you. 

I brought this one home with me, but my cousin said he saw them in some shop in the north of Dublin a few years back, so they are in the country somewhere.   Lots of models on Amazon also.  Mine is fully stainless steel, but most I have seen in Thailand are plastic with a steel nozzle.  I figure the more expensive fully steel ones will last longer, time will tell.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...