Alternative Locations in Cambodia

UKSmooooth

Planning a return visit in mid to late April. Last trip I visited PP, Snook and saw the temples in Siem Reap. Enjoyed those experiences but was wondering if there are any other places to explore. Getting to the age where I don't need more than a handful of bars and of course a LB or two to keep me happy. Anyone visiting Cambodia at the same time and fancy meeting up let me know.

• Upvote 1

I guessed they were the main places to visit. On my last trip I had no luck in Siem Reap but that undoubtedly reflected more on me than the place. Was too tired after trekking around the temples to do much in the evening.

I enjoyed Snooky and had a great time on Victoria Hill. As you know there aren't a lot of bars but the atmosphere was relaxed and I spent some pleasant evenings just drinking, playing pool, and chatting up the LBs and working girls. If I do go back I will probably stay at a hotel closer to Victoria Hill, last time I was out at Otres Beach.

Occhetteal Beach was also nice but it had more of a backpacker vibe which I can only take in small doses. That said I did meet two absolutely stunning LBs there and it does seem to be the place where everyone ends up at the end of the night if you can stay awake until 2 or 3 in the morning, there I go showing my age again.

Probably the wrong place to ask my follow-up question but what are people's experiences of Laos and Vietnam. Worth a visit?

• Upvote 1