It Sure Is Rainy

Pdoggg

January is usually an extremely dry month on the Andaman coast but the south of Thailand has benn getting lots of rain and there's been flooding.  Much worse though on the Gulf of Thailand side of the Malay Peninsula.

Where I am electric is down and my local 7 is closed. Luckily I hAve a data plan with my Sim that I use if WiFi is slow or non existent.

Heard it was also rainy in Sodom By The Sea.

It's rained a little in Pattaya almost everyday out of the last 10 days or so. Usually just a fairly short light shower. It rained this morning before I got up but the street was still wet when I went out. The cool weather, that feels great to us and makes the Thais shiver, that usually hits around the holidays has been mostly MIA also. We had maybe two or three cool days/nights and not all in a row. It's a strange year or maybe the new normal. 

Up here in Phitsanulok we had maybe 20 drops of rain the other day. We had a short, really cold snap mid December (socks in bed and blankets; and eating breakfast in jeans and jumpers (pullovers)), but now the days are mostly sunny and hot, with nights a bit cooler. One of the locals told me that summer will come early this year.

18 hours ago, globetrotter said:

just checked  my phone  and it said its  only 75 degrees in Pattaya  now 11:20 pm,  I don't  think it has ever been that cool when I have been there, although  it does say its  raining too

It rained pretty much all night. Was heavy when I got out of the shower. Still spitting rain when I came home about 2 AM. It's only 76F/25C here at 1 PM. But it looks like it never stopped raining.

39 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

This is really getting old especially for Pattaya in January. BB was here for a day and the skies parted.

The pleasant weather has followed me to rural Nakhon Ratchasima now, about the only good thing to report alas. :biggrin:  I hope to bring the sunshine back by Sunday at the latest, after the best part of a week here, my smile on getting back to Pattaya will certainly give the yellow ball in the sky a run for its money for brightness.