petesie

Newbar Soi Made in Thailand

Cheers fellas!

Girls still reporting in, heard from Ked, Nutty, Ae, Bom & Pa today...Handbag is in her 14 days of self iso, Pa asked if the old LB who does their eyebrows etc. could sleep under the bar as he has money for room but not for food so until he's allowed to go on the bus he'll stop there; no issue, we'll pop by tomorrow to make sure he has a mat and give him some King Koi Nid Noi. 

Lazy old day as Doris was off to hospital so another few episodes of Letter for the King on Amazon Prime, yon Firestick has been dead handy of late. A Cumberland sausage casserole was put in the slow cooker for madame's fodder this evening. 

A swift trip to Makro then Tesco's for a top up, met Josh 'n Poo in Makro, he seemed in good spirits. Surprisingly the supermarkets weren't busy. 

A quiet Makro and a wee tightrope walker...Doris manages to water her garden while still yakking on the phone. :huh:

S__12222468.jpg

S__12222466.jpg

S__12222475.jpg

• Like 1

Popped into town to see the old fella at the bar; he told us 2 guys came behind the bar last night to steal his bag but he woke up. Soi MIT is as desolate as it seems in the pics with Buakhow not much better.

Into Buakhow post office to send Doris's old I-phone 8 to my son to discover it's sea freight only and approx 3 months...never even considered that. We then went to Tops in Central for a looksee and bought a pyrex dish, this seems to be the only store which has shelves open where you can actually buy the odd household item which isn't food. I've bought loads of dishes over the last 5 years which never made the next condo move...she forget. :angry:

I did see something else that was nice on the way into Tops...

S__12230667.jpg

S__12230668.jpg

S__12230664.jpg

• Like 3

Doris had a good old yak with Jar this morning, some of the girls opted & preferred to stay in Patts; it was too difficult & awkward to get back to their homeplace and once there they're stuck indoors for 14 days, local food, dodgy internet, no TV, mates etc..

S__27639814-2.jpg

S__12230671.jpg

S__12230669.jpg

S__12230666.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, petesie said:

I did see something else that was nice on the way into Tops...

Russian or indigenous?  Like the monochrome shots, they have a very vintage look to them.  Phone or camera?

5 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Russian or indigenous?  Like the monochrome shots, they have a very vintage look to them.  Phone or camera?

A very beautiful Thai girl mate, cute 'n natural. B)

After being without my Fuji X100f for 18 months I only went & left it in Ireland, I came with a small backpack and thought it was in there...so my i-phone pics are all I can offer. 

Crossing 2nd looking both ways from a deserted Soi MiT.

S__12230661.jpg

S__12230660.jpg

S__12238859.jpg

S__12238857.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, petesie said:

Into Buakhow post office to send Doris's old I-phone 8 to my son to discover it's sea freight only and approx 3 months...never even considered that

If you haven't already posted it, you can wait until Thailand reopens to air traffic again (possibly in a month), and it should reach your son faster than the 3 months by sea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rxpharm said:

If you haven't already posted it, you can wait until Thailand reopens to air traffic again (possibly in a month), and it should reach your son faster than the 3 months by sea.

Cheers RX...might be posting myself at this rate. B)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, petesie said:

A very beautiful Thai girl mate, cute 'n natural. B)

After being without my Fuji X100f for 18 months I only went & left it in Ireland, I came with a small backpack and thought it was in there...so my i-phone pics are all I can offer. 

Crossing 2nd looking both ways from a deserted Soi MiT.

S__12230661.jpg

S__12230660.jpg

S__12238859.jpg

S__12238857.jpg

What sad sights. Think of all the staff and owners that are now doing nothing.

Talked to my gf who is home in Laos now. She is feeling very lonely. Does not know what to do. To cap it off, it is stinking hot!.

There will be many pleading calls to bf's for money I am sure. Dont know what the future holds.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Woodie said:

There will be many pleading calls to bf's for money I am sure. Dont know what the future holds.

It's only been 11 days since the bars closed and now 5 since what was deemed as non essential stores locked their doors. 

April will surely be a telling month for the country as peoples available funds dry up, not only the bar workers. We did some renovations on the house which kept a team of fellas gainfully employed for nearly 3 weeks, then we started on the bar refurb. The head guy had to stop due to a personal injury (done at his home!) and now when he wants to restart he cannot as all the usual providers have closed so there's nowhere for him to get materials. 

The hotel where New's sister & Venus works have closed their doors for the foreseeable future, Songtaews have been taken off the road & motocy guys are clapping their hands at anyone who moves. 

Panic buying has more or less stopped as folk realise provisions are still there. Surprisingly the girls have been realistic so far with money requests, we had one yesterday for 300 baht which surely must be a record. :yes:

The guys who live here mostly already have their requirements such as transport, furniture etc., there is no Farang traffic in or out of the country so the 20% of GDP it brings has dried up...that has a serious knock on effect for businesses that provide support to that market and the revenue it brings to the Thai workers. 

It brings it home when you realise that for every income there is usually 5 people relying on that; New's 2 sisters are now out of work so someone has to help them and their kids survive, plus the old folks in the village.

The girls that chose to remain are starting to realise they do not have the means to stay here and are now considering their options, the next few weeks will be...?

• Like 2

Thanks petesie for reporting how things are for regular people in Thailand. They have already had the disaster of almost no tourists since January, and now this. A big disaster for all Thais. I hope all of us can recover from it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, petesie said:

The hotel where New's sister & Venus works have closed their doors for the foreseeable future,

I think more hotels will close. Last night I was in VT6 looking at the Hilton and I did not see any lights.  I suspect that they might be closed.  Zero tourists are coming in and just about everyone has left.  Condos can certainly handle the demand.  

But the Pattaya sign is still lit up at night.   Pattaya is a very safe place these days.  Hot climate.  No people. Empty hospitals if needed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I think more hotels will close. Last night I was in VT6 looking at the Hilton and I did not see any lights.  I suspect that they might be closed.  Zero tourists are coming in and just about everyone has left.  Condos can certainly handle the demand.  

But the Pattaya sign is still lit up at night.   Pattaya is a very safe place these days.  Hot climate.  No people. Empty hospitals if needed.

just got a message on the phone from  pattayaone from police chief. in english. warning about there will be desperate people who still have to pay rent etc with no income so expect crime to go up. hope he is wrong but prepare for the worst and stay out of danger guys .

hope that you don't mind me saying Petesie...  i know that you have the street sign for new bar,  but i was talking to another BM recently and he made exactly the same mistake i once did... walked into the bar complex and sat at the wrong bar! perhaps  a sign or whatever behind the bar?

just saying....

7 hours ago, markm said:

just got a message on the phone from  pattayaone from police chief. in english. warning about there will be desperate people who still have to pay rent etc with no income so expect crime to go up. hope he is wrong but prepare for the worst and stay out of danger guys .

Someone did post on PA something to that effect; I did reply but when I hit submit the thread had gone. I considered it relevant, the knock on effect of impoverishment has to be an increase in crime through desperation. Girls who were prepared to stay are starting to realise this won't be over anytime soon and they can either eat or pay rent but not both. Nisa is at our house now as she is leaving her stuff here and catching the bus tonight.

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

hope that you don't mind me saying Petesie...  i know that you have the street sign for new bar,  but i was talking to another BM recently and he made exactly the same mistake i once did... walked into the bar complex and sat at the wrong bar! perhaps  a sign or whatever behind the bar? just saying....

Not a bother bud; it's all part of the refurb, New is fed up of the middle bar girls who when asked if their bar is Newbar the answer is...yesss. <_<

• Like 1

On the parcel post situ...I found the DHL office is still shipping air freight, located just off the 2nd road at Thip Plaza; I sent it yesterday afternoon and it arrives at my sons home tomorrow. B)

• Like 1