The Current Ladyboy Bar Hits & Misses

bumblebee

I'm comfortable with the drink and bar fine prices at Katoeys R Us, after all it is Walking St GoGo where all the team are salaried as opposed to our circuit of beer bars which except for serving staff, all P4P workers are non retained freelancers.  .....some of the ladyboys in there are adorable, particularly the one I chose to barfine.

69Bar certainly seems to be doing extremely well and great to see Spike and Ying maintaining a very professional working partnership despite them no longer living together. I like Spike and his input to the success of this bar should not be overlooked.

LaBamba remains the same ole Whore House which it is, no surprises there.

New Bar seems to be struggling to get off the ground and I have to say, it doesn't have an awful lot going for it at the moment unless someone is throwing a party, the Boxing Day gig was fab.

The big disappointment to me over Christmas and early January was Sensations, in my opinion this move hasn't worked. The premises are truly excellent, a lot of work has clearly gone in to the place, but with the exception of a pool night, every time I ventured inside it was dead, and that included around midnight on Christmas Eve when I counted seven customers. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SiamSam said:

What do you attribute to this? 

Sensations seems to have lost its Mojo. Seemingly, we (the customer) are quite definitely favouring other establishments these days.

Clearly this has nothing to do with the splendid, spacious and comfortable air conditioned environment, excellent seating with quality draught beers and spirits. 

Location is ok for us die hard ladyboy lovers however, not ideal for the mildly adventurous mainstream tourists looking for something different, this undoubtedly worked in the Action St area with guys observing the shenanigans while drinking close by, before moving in for a hands on experience.

Front of house skills and a warm welcome are so important to an enclosed lounge bar, much more so than an open air beer bar......Sensations is lacking in this department, for instance I know Paeng very well, going right back to her days at Ezy Bar, not once during my five or six December and January visits to Sensations did she mutter so much as a hello, how are you.

The more beautiful, higher earning  ladyboys affiliated to this bar seem to treat Sensations as a drop in centre, turning up for work when it suits their schedule, or at least that is how it appeared to me. I've no doubt if there was a regular flow of punters, a totally different scenario would be occurring, getting the masses back and away from other bars is the challenge they face.

• Upvote 3

Thank you for taking the time. Makes sense to me.

I think you're undoubtedly correct about having a venue in an area where punters can telescope the alternative landscapes. Personally I have no interest to be maroooned up some dark lit soi with only what's offered on said soi. Location, location, location as they say. Perhaps in the end the business decision to move Sensations to another location was a bad one. I would be interested in what other people think about the move from Action Street. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SiamSam said:

I would be interested in what other people think about the move from Action Street. 

I only dropped in there the once on my last trip and to be honest I'd prefer the old location.  As I have mentioned before there is more of a holiday buzz for me sitting outside enjoying a cold one, watching the world go by, while knowing my friends are freezing their (not so clean) butts off back home.  I spend enough time indoors while at home so when in Los I want to take full advantage of the climate no matter how sticky it may get.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pentire said:

Front of house skills and a warm welcome are so important to an enclosed lounge bar, much more so than an open air beer bar......Sensations is lacking in this department, for instance I know Paeng very well, going right back to her days at Ezy Bar, not once during my five or six December and January visits to Sensations did she mutter so much as a hello, how are you.

There were only two persons I really liked to chat with in sensations one was Joom the barmaid who has since left, pregnant I think was the reason and the other is Scott who is constant in His attitude and someone I will make time for. This however is not enough of a draw card to go to Sensations as on the Nov/Dec trip I went in there twice. as Pentire wrote Paeng is a dead loss at front of House skills, I tried getting a conversation with Her and I think watching paint dry would be more fun :biggrin:.

• Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

I've been to Action Street twice this trip. The first bar on the right (Pim Stars I think) still has a few customers and a LB or two. But it is pretty much a ghost town elsewhere.

I went to that bar once  because there was a  party with spit- roast pig,    there were 2 Lbs 1 older   and no so attractive ,  and 1 younger and not so attractive,   I never went back :) 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/12/2017 at 6:21 PM, xyzzy said:

I've been to Action Street twice this trip. The first bar on the right (Pim Stars I think) still has a few customers and a LB or two. But it is pretty much a ghost town elsewhere.

Now that Sensations has moved back to Action St,  has it made a change to the surrounding bars regarding becoming lively again, does anyone know.  Will be staying close by later in the year and I like a good night’s sleep. :vampire:

Scott, and partners, has become quite the business man and wanted the Sensations building for some kind of new business venture I think. So the bar moved back to Action Street. I don't know if Action Street has gotten any more busy besides Sensations. I keep hearing from those in the know in Pattaya how expensive a lease is at Action Street compared to other places. So I was a little surprised at the return. Hunny Bunny Bar moved out of Action Street a few months ago. But Action Street was always good for the original Sensations.  

• Like 1

What about Sally Bar/ Roadhouse over on Soi 5 Jomtien, is it still operating.  One of the great venues for a group to shoot the breeeze in a hassle free way in its prime.   TJs bar reminded me a bit of it when I was last there, relaxing outdoor drinking, but I believe that it is under Jimbos direction now, has that changed the vibe in any way?

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

What about Sally Bar/ Roadhouse over on Soi 5 Jomtien, is it still operating.  One of the great venues for a group to shoot the breeeze in a hassle free way in its prime.   TJs bar reminded me a bit of it when I was last there, relaxing outdoor drinking, but I believe that it is under Jimbos direction now, has that changed the vibe in any way?

I haven't been in Thailand since early April. Roadhouse had LBs again and was worth a stop last trip. Katty Bar on Jomtien Soi 4 is small but worth a visit. You can take the back exit out of Roadhouse, then turn left on Soi 4, and be at Katty Bar in like 60 seconds.

TJ's is a little less mellow than it used to be. Jimbo has upped TJ's game to a real LB bar. TJ's has some pretty interesting parties when Jimbo throws a big party. I took a LB date to one party and she had a great time.

I was in TJs about three weeks ago. As said, the atmosphere has definitely turned more to LB bar as opposed to a bar with LBs in it. It's not pushy though, and being such a big gaff there's usually lots of room to find a quiet corner. I like it. The line up is worth a look too.

8 hours ago, redrock said:

I was in TJs about three weeks ago. As said, the atmosphere has definitely turned more to LB bar as opposed to a bar with LBs in it. It's not pushy though, and being such a big gaff there's usually lots of room to find a quiet corner. I like it. The line up is worth a look too.

That sounds promising, good to hear Jimbo hasn’t put the squeeze on the staff to hit people up for drinks.   I always liked the place and reckon I’ll be up there a few times at least when I eventually make it over.  

10 hours ago, bumblebee said:

That sounds promising, good to hear Jimbo hasn’t put the squeeze on the staff to hit people up for drinks.   I always liked the place and reckon I’ll be up there a few times at least when I eventually make it over.  

Hopefully catch up for chat mate. It's been a while.

• 4 weeks later...