Baht Bus Fares Might Be Going Up

Pdoggg

5 hours ago, TEXASMAC said:

Seems easier to walk. 

Agreed.

Let's say you wanted to go from Sensations to Baby Boom and you don't like mototaxis.

If baht busses are running along Buakhao it's quick and easy and only 10 baht.

But Beach Road is too far to walk for just about any trip headed south from one Buakhao location to another Buakhao location.

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Agreed.

Let's say you wanted to go from Sensations to Baby Boom and you don't like mototaxis.

If baht busses are running along Buakhao it's quick and easy and only 10 baht.

But Beach Road is too far to walk for just about any trip headed south from one Buakhao location to another Buakhao location.

There are more buses on Buakhao today but still not like normal.

I almost always walk from Baby Boom to Sensations or 69. With the exception of when I'm here in late March or April when it is so humid walking it makes me VERY sweaty. And I go to the gym five days a week. But walking from mid Buakhao to Soi 6 is probably more than I want to do.

I usually bring a LB home with me when I go to Jomtien. I didn't Wednesday night but if I had I likely would have to get her a mototaxi to the Jomtien bus queue in the morning. 

If you stay on Buakhao or nearby life is just a little more complicated without baht buses. 

• Upvote 2

Here's the latest on the Baht bus:

The Thai public have turned on the military as they began a crackdown on the activities of Pattaya’s baht buses this week.

The junta acted on what they called “D-Day” for the Baht buses that carry people around the resort. Thirty two vehicles were impounded for picking up passengers in un-designated areas. These are being kept at the grounds of Wat Pho Samphan temple in Banglamung.

And not only will the drivers have to pay a fine to get them back, they have to wait 3 days for the return of their livelihoods.   

Many Thai people online thought this was too much with some suggesting it was just the military now taking over the job of fleecing the public.

Others agreed that something should be done to make traffic flow better but still sided with the drivers saying they felt they were being unfairly treated.

When the story was aired on the Pattaya News page, comments were rife among the Thais yesterday.

Kaew Jerarad said: “It’s getting harder to live in Pattaya. Just let them do their job. All these regulations – it’s crazy. This is a tourist town!”

Rit Jai Tai chipped in: “Sure the driving habits can be poor at times, they often don’t indicate for example. But taking their vehicles for three days is excessive”.

Mai’i Khanitta screamed: “Let people get on with their jobs!”

Junta spokesman Suwit Laklang defended the crackdown saying it was D-Day for the baht buses on Wednesday and they had been warned. They would have to pay a fine and wait three days to get their vehicles back.

And he further warned if they break the regulations again the punishments will be more severe a second time around.

But Facebook poster “Heuy Mai Tong” had some tasty expletives for the military when commenting: “So you are gonna crackdown on the song thaews? How about doing something about the crime in Pattaya you ****s!”

Source: Pattaya News

baht-bus-1.jpg?resize=420%2C277

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

The army wants people to call the 1337 Pattaya Contact Center if they spot any baht buses operating on Soi Buakhao or other off-route areas.  :roadrage:

The new routes are:

Route 4: Bali Hai Pier to Third Road to Soi Photisan in Naklua to Naklua Road to the Banglamung District Office. The trip back to the pier follows the same route.

Route 5: Baan Charoen Community to Sukhumvit Road to Naklua Road to Beach Road to South Road to Pratamnak Road to Thappraya Road. It continues to Thepprasit Road and back to Sukhumvit and back to Thappraya and Jomtien Beach Road. The route terminates at Soi Chaiyapruek and travels back the way it came.

Route 6: Starts at the South Road and Sukhumvit intersection and travels along Sukhumvit to Naklua Road. It then proceeds down Naklua Road to North Road and Beach Road to South Road. It then returns up South Road to Sukhumvit.

Route 7: Starts on North Road at Sukhumvit and travels to Beach Road, South Road Thappraya and Jomtien Beach. It then turns on Soi Chaiyapruek and proceeds to Sukhumvit and Central Road and terminates at Second Road.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/baht-bus-routes-sets-soi-buakhao-service-banned-164790

1229-NEWS3-PIC1.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2017 at 3:57 PM, Pdoggg said:

The army wants people to call the 1337 Pattaya Contact Center if they spot any baht buses operating on Soi Buakhao or other off-route areas.  :roadrage:

FUCK! No buses on Buakhao is a mess if you stay in the area. There are buses running on Buakhao but not as many as in the past. Makes for some very full buses at times.

They got no fooking  common sense ....Soi Buakhao is full of hotels n bars ..How the fook all the tourists n the Thai workers suppose to travel about..???  TIT...:roadrage:

I wonder what's the Army's answer to that...???!!! 

To me main problem for the traffic in  Soi Buakhao is the crossing between  Soi Lengkee  n Soi Diana ...:fool:

Well the article is about 10 days old and there are still buses on Buakhao. But there have been two days (one was Feb 1), widely separated, when there were no buses on Buakhao. Then they gradually start to increase again. Hopefully it returns to same same as old days but who knows.    

17 hours ago, xyzzy said:

Well the article is about 10 days old and there are still buses on Buakhao. But there have been two days (one was Feb 1), widely separated, when there were no buses on Buakhao. Then they gradually start to increase again. Hopefully it returns to same same as old days but who knows.    

Saw a few on Buakhao last night , but in no way like they used to be at present, looks a case of more "allant à pied" pour moi

• 2 weeks later...

if u watch the latest Kev-in-Thailand  video posted yesterday about Triangle bar , ( sorry will try to post link from laptop later)   he talks about them  still running up Soi Bukhao and you can see them in the background  as he is  standing there,  I'm guessing  not as frequent  so more crowded  than before but at least there are still some zipping by on Bukhao

Don't know about baht buses getting a raw deal but try getting a taxi from the Northern bus depot down to Central Pattaya like I had to a few weeks ago.

Ended up getting the driver of a baht bus to take me there.

Tried waving a taxi down but none would stop. Was told by the driver that they will not stop in that area for a reason I cannot remember.

Don't know what I would have done if I had not got the baht bus

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Seems like they are adding some new baht bus stops and some route changes.

It appears that some baht busses will be able to work Soi Buakhao and some baht busses will be operating on Jomtien 2nd Road which is handy if going to Immigration or the Rompho beer bar complex.

Route 4 will now encompass 2nd Road,Route 5 will visit more stops in Jomtien and Walking Street, Route 6 will add Soi Bua Khao and Route 7 that before went from North Pattaya to Jomtien via Central Pattaya will add stops in Jomtien 2nd Road.

:roadrage:

• 9 months later...

Mostly back to the way it was but they try and stop at designated areas on Beach and 2nd Road. Many of the buses running Soi Buakhao have changed a little.

I used to take a bus north on Buakhao when going to Naklua or Soi 7/8. The bus would turn onto Klang and head for Beach Road (or on *rare* occasions turn north on 2nd Road or even turn right on Klang). Normally I would get off just after 2nd Road and either go to the queue for Naklua (near corner of 2nd and Klang) or walk over to Soi 7/8. Three of the four times I tried that last trip the bus just turned onto Klang and soon stopped. They drivers told me to get out. They do a U turn on Klang and go back to Buakhao. So I had to walk a ways down to 2nd Road and the last time there were no buses queued up for Naklua. I've always counted on those two things happening to get to Naklua but not so much anymore.  

Buses going south on Buakhao almost always turned right on Pattaya Tai and then mostly right on 2nd Road. Most now stop in front of the school on Tai and ask you to get out. They do a U turn and go back to Buakhao. Not a big deal as I usually got off at 2nd Road and went to the Jomtien bus queue or to Walking Street. Not a big change as I only have to walk a short distance farther than before. I did go to the Jomtien bus queue one day when I needed to go to immigration. There were about 100 people at the queue and no buses at all.

So things have changed a little but mostly not much. Maybe making Soi Buakhao a bit more difficult. Not sure if the Jomtien and Naklua bus queues were a one off or not.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The Pattaya Songtaew (two rows) or Baht Bus, Association has implemented new measures to promote social distancing on their public transportation vehicles at the urging of Pattaya City Hall.

Additionally, the fleet has temporarily been cut from 712 vehicles to roughly 200 due to lack of demand currently in Pattaya City.

The vehicles will now, marked by red tape, only provide seating for five customers at a time.  Additionally, all vehicles in the city that are in operation are being disinfected and cleaned on a regular basis with professional cleaning equipment.  The reduced seating and fleet will continue until the situation approves according to Mr. Ekasing, who is helping to lead the cities fight against COVID-19.

bbus.jpg

• Like 2

Social distancing is going to do nothing in baht busses. It's going to be the railings that people grab onto when entering and leaving that will spread the virus.

You're better off walking or getting a bike from Big C and cycling from A to B.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cherjam said:

I often walk from Jomtien Beach to Klang, It really isn't too much of a hassle, If i'm honest, I find that tourists and workers, infact anyone in Thailand are really lazy,  even in the village. 

It is a good old stroll alright Cherjam.   I often do it after a day on Dongtan beach, we cut up through Pattaya Park and grab a fruit smoothie along the way.  I don’t go as far as Klang as we stay in the Action St area but a great bit of exercise all the same.

1 hour ago, Cherjam said:

I'm often asked why i know the city so well, Its because I walk, I am always taking everything in, and get a sore neck looking at all those high signs 555, seriously, If anyone is staying in Central Pattaya, there is no need to get the bus or moto taxi, you can even walk to the dolphin roundabout in 15 minutes from Buakoa easy

I used to walk everywhere around Pattaya the first few years. Not just places I needed to go but pretty much every street I could find. I knew just about everywhere. I still regret not having a camera with me the day I found the place where they prep the pigs on a grill for parties. There were like 30 of them setup in a parking lot, most with their server present, ready to depart for parties far and wide. 

These days, in my advanced years, I stay around Buakhao and Diana and still walk to Soi 7&8 and 13/1/2 but usually not a lot farther. And sometimes ride shorter distances when it's hot and I just got cleaned up to go out at night. Most trips I now go to the gym but walking and gym never seem to burn off the extra calories. Too much beer. But I've never been a serious walker like BB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xyzzy said:

I still regret not having a camera with me the day I found the place where they prep the pigs on a grill for parties. There were like 30 of them setup in a parking lot, most with their server present, ready to depart for parties far and wide. 

By any chance was that a soi off the northern end of Buakhao that goes from Buakhao towards Third Road.  I recall many years ago seeing about 10 pigs all prepped for party time somewhere around there.  It might have been the soi where the indoors Sensations was located or a soi either side of it.

2 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

By any chance was that a soi off the northern end of Buakhao that goes from Buakhao towards Third Road.  I recall many years ago seeing about 10 pigs all prepped for party time somewhere around there.  It might have been the soi where the indoors Sensations was located or a soi either side of it.

Yes. And it maybe the soi where Sensations (indoor version) was located or just near there. It was a bit more of a remote location 13-14 years ago.

• Like 1