Baht Bus Fares Might Be Going Up

Pdoggg

1 hour ago, Pugachoff said:

I know I'm an ignoramus... but please explain what means 'somebody gave you reputation'  To me doesn't make for good English but what do I know..lol.

It means when someone has given you a "like", meaning they liked your post.....its the green arrow on the bottom right hand corner of other people's post, press that and you have given them a "like" or "reputation" :hi:

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, duke007 said:

It means when someone has given you a "like", meaning they liked your post.....its the green arrow on the bottom right hand corner of other people's post, press that and you have given them a "like" or "reputation" :hi:

Thankyou Duke. I'm wiser and grateful.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/1/2017 at 1:20 PM, duke007 said:

Good to know BB and thanx for posting, now I can just hop on a bus at the bottom of Chaiyapoon knowing I am going to Jomtien....hopefully anyway TIT :rolleye0012:

Cheers Duke, always glad to do my stuff while on the ground.  The number 6 appears to do many areas, I have seen it go up and down Pattaya Tai also. The numbers have been a revelation but like you imply we are always at the mercy of the drivers mood.  I can also report that the buses that leave from outside the school on Second Road heading to Jomtien are the number 5.

Snapseed.jpg

• Upvote 2

On 25/1/2017 at 1:20 PM, duke007 said:

Good to know BB and thanx for posting, now I can just hop on a bus at the bottom of Chaiyapoon knowing I am going to Jomtien....hopefully anyway TIT :rolleye0012:

It's not that simple .....as we feared.  I remember years ago hopping on a bus on Buakhao and there was a chance it would continue on to Jomtien.  Well we jumped on a number 5 yesterday on Buakhao and when he got to the Second Road junction he decided to turn right instead of left.  So we had to bail out and take another 5 to Jomtien.  

Also last night we jumped on a no. 6 at the Avenue and the fucker turned right when he got to Pattaya Klang instead of continuing on to Naklua as the sign implies.  So even with the signs we are none the wiser really about the destination.  The no. 7 seems to be very elusive, I have only seen it twice, one time being in one of the earlier photos.  

This notice appears on buses now, I have seen it in Russian also.

IMG_2709.JPG

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, globetrotter said:

never go to 3rd Rd so was wondering if Baht busses run between  say soi Chaiyapoon and Pattaya, tai (not too far a walk I know, but lazy sometimes ) on 3rd Rd?? 

As far as I know there are no bus routes along Third road.  The only time you might see one along there would be if it is being used as a taxi.

• Upvote 1

Some good info above. Good to hear that 10 baht is still the standard charge. A much better option than Phuket's Taxi mafia tuk tuk's. 

I had never used the baht buses until this last year.  My wingman showed me how to use them effectively in August. On my next visit in November I was able to navigate on my own or with the help of a bar fine.  They really came in handy when a group of us 96 or 7) wanted to go to a specific location, we would get an empty one and pay 200 baht to take us directly to our destination.  This was definitely the way to go when we ventured to Naklua.

Fah providing a nice view for riders and traffic behind.

IMG_8416.JPG

IMG_8417.JPG

• Upvote 2

I went to Jomtien last night on the first day of the new baht bus rules. No buses on Buakhao so I walk down to, and through, Mike's Mall to get a bus on Beach Road, The first few buses passed me by. I then realized I had to walk to the designated bus stop area to get a bus to stop. At about 8 PM there was the usual traffic cluster phuck near Walking Street. So the driver dumped us all out short of Walking Street. I walked over the the Jomtien bus queue near the corner of Pattaya Tai and 2nd Road and got a bus there to Jomtien. I thought part of the new plan was to stop the bus queue locations but that must not include the Jomtien queue. 

Next time, if they don't reverse this crazy idea, I'll either take a moto taxi to or walk to the Jomtien bus queue. But since I didn't want to work up a big sweat after I had just had a shower I tried Beach Road. You don't want any part of the traffic mess that is near the Walking Street entrance at night. 

The fare was still 10B. Read on another board the fine for baht bus drivers using Buakhao is 2500B. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

corner of Pattaya Tai and 2nd Road and

Took the bus from there an hour ago and the driver insisted everyone on board paid before he departed.  He also emphasised he would stop at the bus stop on Jomtien beach.  People rang the bell to get off along the way and they were allowed, but nobody got on the bus.  I couldn't see from where I was seated if anyone on the street tried to flag down the bus and he just passed them.

I also spotted a few buses on Buakhao today going both directions.  One was empty and maybe he was taking a short cut without picking up passengers, the other two had passengers but it's possible they were taxies.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bumblebee said:

I also spotted a few buses on Buakhao today going both directions.  One was empty and maybe he was taking a short cut without picking up passengers, the other two had passengers but it's possible they were taxies.

I was out for less than 10 minutes and saw four north bound baht buses that were stopping for customers on Soi Buakhao. Three were right in a row. The first bus might have had 20 people in it. They should have waited for the next buses as they had some empty seats. 

• Upvote 1