1 2 Call Balance Transfer And Sim Validity

Pdoggg

Has anyone ever transfered baht credit from one 1 2 Call Sim to another?

LooKing online I see some contadictory info such as some sites say both Sims must be at least 90 days old while others saying only the sending Sim must be.

I am mostly using my smart phone these days but don' t want to lose my Cheap Charlie number as these Sims are being phased out. Last time I was in Pattaya Family Mart didn't have any and at TukCom their was a heavy markup,300 baht instead of 50.

These days I hardly use any phone credit except for a monthly Internet package that I pay 212 baht a month for. Last year my buddy Eyemahk set me up with a 150 baht package. Not sure if AIS just raised the price or if there is a difference.

So I was thinking to keep the validity of my Cheap Charlie phone alive I could load that phone and transfer the balance to my smartphone. Since many people now use Line it is rare that I incur phone charges other than the 212 baht a month.

Talking about 212, that happens to be the original Manhattan area code and I hear it's now hard to get.

So this thread is for 2017 phone issues.

Here is what AIS says:

http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/balance-validity-transfer.html

Which plan are you using for 212 baht a month? The number you dial to order the plan will be good enough for me to find it. I'm using a 89 baht a week unlimited plan linked below as I ran out of data the first week here. But an unlimited monthly plan would be better.

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/en/package-addon-detail.aspx?type=1&id=45

• Upvote 1

I didn't dial a number to get the plan.  I went to the AIS shop in the basement of Central Festival in Pattaya and they sorted me out

I think the plan might be 199 baht or 200 baht with an extra 12 or 13 baht for tax.

I had a choice of automatic renewal or not with 5he same price either way. I opted for automatic since if I don't want it anymore I can just make sure my balance is less than 212 baht. they did say it would only automatically renew for 6 months though.

I don't know if I have unlimited data, a hard cutoff, or reduced bandwidth if I hit a limit.

So I am reluctant to over use it. But I sometimes tether it to my laptop if Internet is slow.

I think I have the Mao Mao 199 baht, 1 GB package.

Reason I say I think is that I cannot open text mrssages, but I can see the first line of the message.  

I don't think this promotion is available online but the folks at the AIS store in Central may have it. Just ask for the automatic 199 baht, 212 with tax plan that used to be 150 baht.

Sort of sounds like the package shown below. I burned through over 1.5G in less than my first week in Thailand. It appeared a lot of my apps were updating even though my phone is on a lot at home and hooked up to my internet (but not used as a phone at home except for texts from Thailand). So I went for the unlimited plan. 512k is painfully slow for internet on my plan but Line is about my only must have app and I presume not a data speed hog? 

AIS199.jpg

So what you're saying is that your plan is unlimited with a slow loading speed while mine is limited to 1G but it loads quicker?

What I don't understand is how I will be charged if my quota is exceeded as my main package has no internet? I don't want an unknown surprise charge.

It seems my plan is good for guys who just want a backup if there is no WiFi or their WiFi is slow but your plan is better for guys who are using the AIS plan all the time.

I have no idea how fast your data is but I would guess with only one GB it probably is a slower speed like mine. We don't know for sure the plan I posted is exactly the same as yours. It just looked like the same plan so i guessed it might be. You didn't get any plan details when you signed up? Data *is* internet basically even if you don't use a browser to play on the internet.

4 hours ago, xyzzy said:

I have no idea how fast your data is but I would guess with only one GB it probably is a slower speed like mine. We don't know for sure the plan I posted is exactly the same as yours. It just looked like the same plan so i guessed it might be. You didn't get any plan details when you signed up? Data *is* internet basically even if you don't use a browser to play on the internet.

My main concern when I got the plan was that it would renew automatically as I am not familiar with AIS codes.

Since I figured it was only going to be a back up SIM, I wasn't too concerned about using too much data.  

But I would like to know how I can find out which plan I have.

I just got a notice on my phone for 7 days 5 GB for 99 baht *777*7069# or 15 days 10GB for 199 baht *777*7071#

Unclear to me if the offer is just for me or for anyone and unsure of the fine print.

If I was in Pattaya i'd go to Central and ask as right now I pay 212 baht for 1gb and if I paid double i'd get 20 times the data and not have to worry about overusing my allotment.

I managed to transfer 200 baht, 100 baht at a time from my dumb phone to my smartphone. The service fee was 6 baht, 3 baht per transaction.

The transferring number was more than 90 days old but the receiving number only a little over a month.

Juse got a notice from AIS that my dumb phone service might be turned off because the passport scan was blurred. Will go to a local AIS shop and see if they can do for free or a low price. Went once to this shop and had an old lady running it with a baby running around and the TV turned up so loud that I can hardly hear her.

SO I might lose my dumb phone number which is hard to replace nowadays but I use my smartphone as my everyday phone now so I guess not that big a deal. But if I was going out getting drunk every night would not like carrying an expensive phone around.

19 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I managed to transfer 200 baht, 100 baht at a time from my dumb phone to my smartphone. The service fee was 6 baht, 3 baht per transaction.

The transferring number was more than 90 days old but the receiving number only a little over a month.

Juse got a notice from AIS that my dumb phone service might be turned off because the passport scan was blurred. Will go to a local AIS shop and see if they can do for free or a low price. Went once to this shop and had an old lady running it with a baby running around and the TV turned up so loud that I can hardly hear her.

SO I might lose my dumb phone number which is hard to replace nowadays but I use my smartphone as my everyday phone now so I guess not that big a deal. But if I was going out getting drunk every night would not like carrying an expensive phone around.

You can go to the AIS shop and get a new SIM with the the old number if you turn in the old SIM. It will be a new 3G SIM but if you have no data services turned on it's a dumb SIM more or less. They did mine for free last trip.

• Upvote 1