Pdoggg

Alvarez vs McGregor

The biggest fight in UFC history takes place Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.  The main card of UFC 205 begins at 10 AM Bangkok time on Sunday.   McGregor-Alvarez should start about 12:30 AM New York time which is 12:30 PM Bangkok time. Shouldn't be tough to find a sports bar showing the Pay Per View event in Bangkok or Pattaya.

It's fitting that this event will be held at the greatest indoor arena (reckon the Roman Coliseum might trump that, btw The Donald had told Dana White he would attend if he won) in the history of the world. 

Famous fights at the (old) Garden include Rocky Marciano vs Joe Louis, Sugar Ray Robinson vs Raging Bull Jake LaMotta, and two Ali-Frazier bouts at the current 33rd Street venue.

But nowadays it seems many guys prefer to action of UFC over Boxing.

Irishman McGregor is the favorite against Lightweight Champion American Eddie Alvarez.

I'll go with my ancestral heritage and root for for the Crumlin lad over my countryman who hails from Philly, Smokin Joe's adopted hometown.

Who are you rooting for and who do you think will win?

index44.jpg

If using Booking.com or Agoda please help support LBR and use our links.

Click Here For The Pattaya Hotel Guide and our Links

I'm impressed by McGregor, always on the front foot with unstinting self confidence and magnificent fighting skills......don't know much about his talented opponent as I'm not an avid follower of UFC however.

I'm in the Irish Champ's corner for this one .

McGregor will do him 

I can see a bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and clear blue sky above the wall and sunlight everywhere .

Life is beautiful. Let future generations cleanse it of all evil , oppression and violence , and enjoy it to the full .

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Could't give a bollocks about Trump or Clinton

Love the way there are sub-titles for Conor's Irish accent :biggrin:

Just a little about the man 

WHAT FOOTBALL TEAM DO YOU SUPPORT?

I was big into football as a kid, but more as a player than a watcher.  I suppose if you pushed me I would say Manchester United, but that’s only because it gets passed down from generation to generation.  I think just about everyone in Ireland is either a Liverpool or United fan.  But some people go a little weird, referring to the team they support as “we”.  To me that’s a little crazy.  I admire their athleticism and their dedication.  Ronaldo is a phenomenal athlete.  His speed, his takeoff from a standing start and his ability to operate at high speeds are impressive

WHO WERE YOUR BOYHOOD HEROES?

I take inspiration from people who are chasing the dream, who are undaunted, who defy the odds.  Muhammad Ali of course was a big influence.  I watched so many films and documentaries about his incredible deeds, his remarkable life.  From a martial arts perspective, it would be Bruce Lee. Chuck Liddell was the MMA figure who convinced me that the UFC was where I wanted to be.

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM?

To fight at Croke Park as world champion:  I went there as a kid with my school when the place was packed and I was blown away.  I understand all the history, all the culture, it is a phenomenal area.  I know that Muhammad Ali is the only fighter who put on a show there.  It is my dream to bring my sport to the Irish people and to follow in Ali’s footsteps. That would be unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

Polish woman in black defeats the Polish woman in white.  The one in white had a brief 4th round flurry but otherwise the one in black dominated.

If they were lesbian lovers the one in black would be the Tom and the one in white the Dee.

IMG_0096.PNGIMG_0095.PNGIMG_0094.PNGIMG_0093.PNGThat was a mismatch, Alvarez never in it.

The five inch reach advantage of McGregor was very decisive.

Now a two division champion.

• Upvote 2

Just watched it the Triangle Bar, was waiting for the fight to start for 2 hours along with all the other folk in there, didn't last long did it :o mind you the fight between the two Polish girls was kinda horny :winking0023:

Liked  Conor's comment at the end....I would just like to apologise,.... to absolutely nobody  :biggrin:

c.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

• Upvote 2

I must admit I felt a little uneasy

When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe

4 hours ago, duke007 said:

Just watched it the Triangle Bar, was waiting for the fight to start for 2 hours along with all the other folk in there, didn't last long did it :o mind you the fight between the two Polish girls was kinda horny :winking0023:

Liked  Conor's comment at the end....I would just like to apologise,.... to absolutely nobody

Loved that comment!  From the bottom of his heart!  Was in an Irish pub that was kind of loud. Did he say the word "fuck" right before that?

I think there is defo a sexual element to women's UFC.

Since there will be no more volleyball, maybe next year some ladyboy boxing. Could be held in the boxing ring below Marine. Don't think that's there anymore, or is it?

Thanks Pdoggg.  Interesting fight.  I'm really beginning to enjoy UFC.  I've always been more of a boxing fan but these fights are becoming more watchable. 

Well done the Dublin man!!

If its boxing, then McGregor has no shot.........Mayweather would beat him senseless if he were in his 50's.  Its a totally different discipline.

The heavy betting money, such as the single $1-million bet Friday at MGM Grand, supports Mayweather, but bookmakers say 95% of the action they take is on McGregor, a devastating UFC striker who captured featherweight and lightweight belts simultaneously within a year's time.

The weigh in

Watched it first thing this morning.  Surprised he lasted so long.  Mayweather did nothing the first three rounds then he figured out Mac couldnt hurt him.  In boxing parlance Mac "couldnt break an egg".  He cannot punch a lick.  He pushed his punches and slapped a lot.  Mac probably DID have issues making weight.  I could see he tired from the 7th round on.

Thought the stoppage was a bit early and would have delighted watching Mayweather knock the snot out of him a bit more.  The ref did Mac a favor-a big favor!!

Funny thing is Mac actually hurt Mayweather with a borderline low body shot starting the 9th round.  Must have hit him just right coz Mac wasnt throwing his punches with much conviction.

It was never going to be an action packed great rock em sock em fight.  Mayweather is NEVER in fights like that.......I think the lasy time Mayweather stopped anone was over 10 years ago. He is brilliant but he looked 40 years old.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Money Mayweather says The Donald speak like a real man.

People don't like the truth... He speak like a real man spoke. Real men speak like, 'Man, she had a fat ass. You see her ass? I had to squeeze her ass. I had to grab that fat ass.' Right? So he talking locker room talk. Locker room talk. 'I'm the man, you know what I'm saying? You know who I am. Yeah, I grabbed her by the p---y. And?'"