Why Not Bangkok

poesface

Just a couple of Photo's from last night, which turned out to be much later than i had planned for,

guys just remember we are in a very sucluded Soi ,with less restrictions than the main nightlife areas

and can offer a relaxing no pressure atmosphere ( unless you want pressure Drinker.gif ) until you decide to call it a night.

S__745477.jpgS__6684677.jpgS__6684678.jpgS__6684679.jpg

Eve making the effort.

S__6684682.jpg

• Upvote 2

Just confirmed with the builders that they will start the renovations on the 3rd floor for the ST rooms tomorrow morning,

so within a week they will be ready also a roof top entertainment area will be completed at the same time ( as there are leaks everywhere :o 

watch this thread for more info on the progress.

• Upvote 2

I stopped in for a quick drink last night.  Very easy to find, just walk past Soi 18 and take the next little Soi before you get to Soi 20. Two other bars before you see Why Not.  Some fine specimens on hand last night, it was too bad I had to run, but I will be back tonight hopefully with reinforcements. 

• Upvote 2

My, my, my, how the girls do get around.  I've had the company of two of the sweeties in the group photo at the beginning of the thread, and I'm sure there are many here who can better that number.

This looks like a place to give a try.  (Can the owners guarantee no full-on assault by the entire staff for drinks the millisecond a punter walks in?  lol)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, soiboy said:

My, my, my, how the girls do get around.  I've had the company of two of the sweeties in the group photo at the beginning of the thread, and I'm sure there are many here who can better that number.

This looks like a place to give a try.  (Can the owners guarantee no full-on assault by the entire staff for drinks the millisecond a punter walks in?  lol)

naturally when someone walks into the bar the girls will be wanting to show them the menu for drinks and take their order, they also want to talk to the customer and hopefully they might be rewarded with a drink or more , but our girls have been told that we are a NO pressure bar , if you want to just come in and chill out at the bar they will leave you alone until you decide to talk with them , but all please DO NOT feel you are forced to buy a ladydrink, only do so if you want to.

• Upvote 2

Dropped in to Why Not last night. Shared a few drinks with Natalie and Pear.  A couple of Lao beauties who are very keen, but not pushy.  Went upstairs to the pool table area for the first time.  Has three lounges that are perfect for some cuddles.  They will have short time rooms soon I was told. I also asked about hotels nearby on Soi 20.  One of the owners (Nam) told me of a couple but I have forgotten their names.  Have 7 LB's working currently and will have more soon.  Liked the ones I saw.

Look forward to my next visit and how the bar evolves.  

IMG_8684.JPG

IMG_8685.JPG

IMG_8683.JPG

IMG_8687.JPG

IMG_8670.JPG

IMG_8668.JPG

IMG_8703.JPG

IMG_8674.JPG

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, globetrotter said:

Don't  know that, part of Bkk  that well  how far a walk is it from Asoke bts (I, assume that is the closest stn ) ? ? 

This should be pretty close. If you stay above ground at Asok station, but one level down from the train tracks, there is a walkway across the Asok intersection that will come out near the green X in the picture. Crossing that intersection at ground level can be a PITA.

WhyNot.jpg

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, xyzzy said:

This should be pretty close. If you stay above ground at Asok station, but one level down from the train tracks, there is a walkway across the Asok intersection that will come out near the green X in the picture. Crossing that intersection at ground level can be a PITA.

Ok thanks have been to soi Cowboy a few times but not lately (not  a big fan ) am in Bkk now so might check out or maybe when I get back to fly home

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, globetrotter said:

am in Bkk

It's an easy enough walk from Soi Nana.

Actually hanging out in that area seems better than Soi 4.

You have Why Not Bangkok which sounds like the best ladyboy bar in Bangkok with 100 baht beers and a no pressure, no hassle atmosphere. 100 baht beer is pretty good for a Bangkok ladyboy bar.

Guys like a few options in the same area and Chaos 9 is a quick walk and seems like a great bar too; haven't been to the new location on Soi 22.  And even though my experience was that Cockatoo is an extremely pushy place, if you use the overpass to Cowboy what the hell Cockatoo is not any pushier than the NEP bars.

15 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

You have Why Not Bangkok which sounds like the best ladyboy bar in Bangkok with 100 baht beers and a no pressure, no hassle atmosphere. 100 baht beer is pretty good for a Bangkok ladyboy bar.

Guys like a few options in the same area and Chaos 9 is a quick walk and seems like a great bar too; haven't been to the new location on Soi 22.  And even though my experience was that Cockatoo is an extremely pushy place, if you use the overpass to Cowboy what the hell Cockatoo is not any pushier than the NEP bars.

I usually walked down to Queens Park Plaza on Soi 22 each trip, before Chaos 9 moved there, from where ever I was staying near Nana. And with two LB bars close together there is a good reason to go. I must confess I dislike Cockatoo a lot. So I don't care if I ever go back to Soi Cowboy. But it is true you could take the same walkway and come out by the Citi Bank and are almost at Soi Cowboy. Cockatoo is even on Google Maps although maybe not in the exact correct spot.

Cowboy.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2016 at 6:32 PM, Pdoggg said:

8 hours ago, xyzzy said:

I usually walked down to Queens Park Plaza on Soi 22 each trip, before Chaos 9 moved there, from where ever I was staying near Nana. And with two LB bars close together there is a good reason to go. I must confess I dislike Cockatoo a lot. So I don't care if I ever go back to Soi Cowboy. But it is true you could take the same walkway and come out by the Citi Bank and are almost at Soi Cowboy. Cockatoo is even on Google Maps although maybe not in the exact correct spot.

Yes the two bars are very close proximity and an easy walk. Makes it easy to check out the action at both, which should help both bars.  It would be good if there were other bars in Queens Park that had LB's as well.  I think we may see this whole area being rejuvenated with the homogenization of Nana.  I seriously doubt that Chaos 9 will be moving back to Soi 4 location after the renovation of Rajah. Rents are being quadrupled.  

Why Not and Chaos 9 are both staying open well past midnight.  Nana area bars are being shutdown at midnight currently. I was told by both owners they would stay open as long as punters wanted.  My next trip I'll look to stay in this area, most likely on Soi 20.  However taking the BTS to Asoke and walking is easy. 60 baht taxi back to Soi  2 and 4 hotels with bar fine going home.