Thank u RS as it was good to meet aswell and relay stories and adventures.

Rinn is a sweety for sure and although prone to the odd pep up pill always smiling and fun to be around.

This is totally the opposite to Ray her mate who, while looking good has Big fish Little pond syndrome, diva attitude as I heard her one night screaming down the mobile "Not say like that, U send how much and when ?" Yuk only muppets need apply, and there are a few about as Ive heard people want to marry these starlets. :startle:

Here are a couple more photo's of Rinn from another angle that may encourage a larger fan base. :drinks:

post-364-071924000 1333274260.jpg

post-364-088048500 1333274276.jpg

post-364-029808600 1333274285.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Just got back into Patts. after an enjoyable short break over in HH. The LB scene is much the same as it usually is, but I was surprised, pleasantly by the talent in Caddy Shack bar.

We went by mini van, which all things going well takes about 5 hours from Pattaya Tai (100 B, 2 hours)(will post a photo later) change over at Victory Monument (Ano Sa Wa Lee) and another van to HH (180 B, 2.5 to 3 hours)

For anyone who likes seafood the night market on Dechanuchit Rd is a great option with plenty of outdoor restaurants selling the day's catch at reasonable prices. My regular place is Ko restaurant.

post-106-0-88995500-1353907160_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-67393300-1353907163_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-93398400-1353907169_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-63701800-1353907172_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-23775800-1353907179_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-74866600-1353907182_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-79996700-1353907188_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-75664500-1353907191_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-49061900-1353907194_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-41457800-1353907197_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-52442300-1353907219_thumb.jpg

For anyone who wants traditional western food, Lin's on the main road south out of town, just before Soi 8o does and a great small breakfast for 150 B. There is a big breakfast also, but the small is pretty sufficient.

post-106-0-92320200-1353988840_thumb.jpg

The small breakfast, minus the tomatoes as the other half fancied them.

post-106-0-32029100-1353989072_thumb.jpg
post-106-0-40380800-1353988929_thumb.jpgpost-106-0-85062500-1353988932_thumb.jpg
post-106-0-45318600-1353988939_thumb.jpg

Soi 8 0, a bar street about 10 mins stroll away from the main action.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

For anyone who wants traditional western food, Lin's on the main road south out of town, just before Soi 8 0 does and a great small breakfast for 150 B. There is a big breakfast also, but the small is pretty sufficient.

attachicon.gifl2.jpg

The small breakfast, minus the tomatoes as the other half fancied them.

I wish I had read that as I searched around for a good English Breakfast but never really found one that looks that good

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the great info on Hua Hin bumblebee. I think I will almost certainly be going there next January. Sounds more suitable for someone as old as me! I prefer walking the beaches during the day rather than drinking in bars and your beach pics look good.

I gather that the best way to get from BKK airport to Hua Hin is the VIP coach for 305 Baht.

But I would probably go back to Jomtien or Pattaya for the last few days, or maybe longer if I find Hua Hin too quiet.

You mention a minibus from Hua Hin to Pattaya. Would that be OK if I have a large (100L) suitcase? I've read elsewhere that the minibuses can be cramped. Are there other options for travelling back to Pattaya. I considered getting the VIP coach back to airport, then Bell Bus to Pattaya, but that looks like it would take 6 hours or more. 

I remember reading that you can get a speedboat to take you to Pattaya for 1,500 Baht. Any info on that?

Hi QG, I never gone from HH to Pattaya, but have had horrible minivan experiences.

The drivers often drive like madmen and think it's OK to put me at risk because they enjoy speeding and passing on blind curves.

It's good though when they talk on their mobile phones because then they slow down from around 140 km/hr to 110.

They can be cramped and often won't leave until every seat is full. 

So I don't take minivans anymore of possible.

• Upvote 2

You mention a minibus from Hua Hin to Pattaya. Would that be OK if I have a large (100L) suitcase? I've read elsewhere that the minibuses can be cramped. Are there other options for travelling back to Pattaya. I considered getting the VIP coach back to airport, then Bell Bus to Pattaya, but that looks like it would take 6 hours or more. 

I remember reading that you can get a speedboat to take you to Pattaya for 1,500 Baht. Any info on that?

I don't think the boat runs anymore.  Most mini vans go to Victory Monument and then you can change over and take another to Pattaya.  The one time i took the direct bus to Pattaya the guy still went to V M and we had to change, but the ticket was more expensive than doing it yourself, ie bus to V M and finding another to Pattaya, which is easy enough.

You could also take the airport busy http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/ and then take another one to Jomtien, the bus terminal is on Thepprasit-Road,  This would be handier for luggage but the mini vans can usually squeeze a fair bit of stuff in the back.

I've taken the Bell Bus from the BKK airport to Hua Hin round trip and it's a very nice bus. Takes about three hours. As mentioned you could take the bus back to the airport and then take the Bell Bus to Pattaya/Jomtien. Likely would involve a bit of extra time. I got a car from HH to Pattaya for 2500B once. Ask around a bit as you will get prices from 2500 to 3500 at the many taxi stands in HH. It all just depends how much money you want to spend vs time. 

• Upvote 2

I've taken the Bell Bus from the BKK airport to Hua Hin round trip and it's a very nice bus. Takes about three hours. As mentioned you could take the bus back to the airport and then take the Bell Bus to Pattaya/Jomtien. Likely would involve a bit of extra time. I got a car from HH to Pattaya for 2500B once. Ask around a bit as you will get prices from 2500 to 3500 at the many taxi stands in HH. It all just depends how much money you want to spend vs time. 

Sorry, stuffed up.

xyzzy, impecable timimng. 

On my next trip and after the debauchery of Pattaya I'll be travelling to Hua Hin for a few days R&R before heading home.

I've exchanged a few emails with the Bell Bus Company and they've suggested travelling with them from Pattaya to BKK airport then changing to their Hua Hin bus (at least I think that's what they meant).

You mention the Hua Hin bus is very nice and I wonder if you could confirm if it's something considerably larger than a mini van for this leg as I have a real phobia about travelling in them in LOS.

Time is no problem to me as I was considering bus to BKK then train to Hua Hin.

Thank's in advance.

You mention the Hua Hin bus is very nice and I wonder if you could confirm if it's something considerably larger than a mini van for this leg as I have a real phobia about travelling in them in LOS.

If you click on link to http://www.airporthuahinbus.com/ (see bb's post #66) there is a picture of the VIP bus from bkk airport to hua hin. It is a 24 seater, costs 305 Baht, and takes 3-4 hours depending on traffic. I believe it is not usually full so you have enough room, unlike the minivans which don't leave until they are full, so are going to be cramped. 

I will almost certainly be using it in January. The minivans also drive like maniacs apparently, and the train takes about 6 hours. 

Thank's Quietguy I completely missed the link in BB's post (must be getting old). I'd feel comfortable on that bus so I think that's the way I'll do it, Pattaya-BBK Airport-Hua Hin.

After HH I've got one night in BKK before I fly out the next afternoon so on return I might give the train from HH to BKK a go just for the experience.

I don't think the boat runs anymore.

I know the ferry doesn't run anymore bb, but I remember reading somewhere, I think it was on the PA forum, that the speedboat hire guys in HH would take you to Pattaya jetty for 1,500Baht. The guy who posted it might have been joking, he was suggesting that someone on holiday in hh with his wife could use one to escape to Patts for some p4p.

Not sure I like the idea of a speedboat though as I can't swim, but I will see if I can find out more about it as it might be an option.

Time is no problem to me as I was considering bus to BKK then train to Hua Hin.

Thank's in advance.

Another option is to take the big bus from Pattaya Bus station to Souther Bus Station (sai TAI mai) in Bkk and change over to the big HH bus there.  Takes about 5 hours, but leg space and feels safer.  Buses leave Pattaya at 9 am, 10 am, 12 noon and on the house every hour after that, not sure when they finish.  (None at 11 am)

• Upvote 1

Another option is to take the big bus from Pattaya Bus station to Souther Bus Station (sai TAI mai) in Bkk and change over to the big HH bus there.  Takes about 5 hours, but leg space and feels safer.  Buses leave Pattaya at 9 am, 10 am, 12 noon and on the house every hour after that, not sure when they finish.  (None at 11 am)

A friend and me did this once with directions from BB. The bus to HH could have had better shocks, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. The bathroom consisted of a metal pot sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor. Good traget practice in a moving bus.  :biggrin:  When I took this trip we got to the Pattaya bus station about 30 minurs before the bus was to leave for Southern and it was sold out. So we had to stick around the out door bus station for an extra hour and get the next bus. Fortunately we still had time to make the connection to the (sort of) direct bus to Cha Am/HH. So one might be advised to get tickets for the bus from Pattaya a bit ahead of time if possible.

There are two big buses from Southern to HH.  One is a shittly local bus, has an orange stripe down the length of the side and goes all over the place on the way to HH.  Usually the guys harry you to buy a ticket when you enter the terminal.  The decent bus ticket booth is over on the far side of the ticket area, near the toilets.