For those here who know me, they will also know that I have a soft spot for Hua Hin. Now this is not a trip report as such, more just some information on a place in Los that a few of you may not know much about.

I have been going there for the last 7 years, and will no doubt end up spending some time there whenever I make it back to Thailand next time.

Here is some info from Wikitravel to fill you in on the place.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Hua_Hin

Ok BB, that's all fine and well, but what about the bars and girls I hear you cry.

For those of you who have never been, here are 2 pics of the main bar area. Basically there are four streets making up a square route, with a few other side streets leading off. Can be covered in a 10 minute stroll, very handy.

post-106-072315600 1294865289.jpg

post-106-064765200 1294865302.jpg

HH is definitly on my to do list. Think it would suit my style to a T.

Notice one of the bars is named Starfish! :D

Buddy of mine got thrown from a horse on the beach. BB, that was a the str8 mate that you said looked more like a guy who's into ladyboys than the guys who are atually onto ladyboys. That comment falls into the "funny cause it's true" category. B)

BB,

Where do you stay there and what about the action? Both LB and GG? Prices, availability, et cetera?

Looks quite interesting, I have thought of having a look for some time now but never got round to it, how about a few hotspots for LBs , LB friendly hotels with no joining fee and so on, could save a chap a few quid as forewarned is forearmed.

The area for bar action is quite small as I mentioned before. A block of 4 sois with a few adjacent smaller sois. Takes about 10 mins or less to stroll around. Caddy Shack is usually the main LB bar in town, but nothing on the scale of the bars in Patts. There is a cabaret called Blue Angel, small and touristy. This is 2 min walk between both bars, that's how small the bar area is. There are other bars around the block which have a sprinkling of LBs, always fun spotting them.

I usually stay in a guest house on the bar block, I have never heard of joiner fees in GHs there, not sure how it is if you stay in a resort hotel.

The prices for the ladies are similar to Patts, 500 ST 1000 LT in most cases, especially for the LBs who can be more than grateful for custom.

Here are some of the ladies who were there earlier in the year.

Nui, Starfish bar

Jessica, some bar on Bintabat(the "main" bar soi}

Sara, Red bar

San, Caddy Shack

Rai and Emmy splashing about

post-106-066879500 1294914720.jpg

post-106-060319200 1294914738.jpg

post-106-074595400 1294914809.jpg

post-106-017196600 1294914839.jpg

post-106-051844700 1294914904.jpg

• Upvote 2

Cheers gents. HH is not really a cheap option, more regular prices I would say, beers are anything from 65 to 80 baht in the bars. Bar fines are probably about 300 to 400, haven't paid one in about 4 years now but guess that would be the going rate. Not that I avoid paying them, it's just usually I pick up one of the girls when they are freelancing later on in the night up in the Karaoke bar area.

This area is where the action moves to after the bars and the Hilton dicso have closed. It is a small bar complex area, with karaoke bars, dance bars and drinking and food indoors and outdoors. Some of the bars stay open till dawn. It's only a 2 minute walk from the main bar area. Add about 20 baht to the drinks prices mentioned for this area.

The entrance to this area is at the Singha sign. Most of the girls there work in the bar sois, and so no BF is needed as they are freelancing by now. Usually a few LBs floating around. On the right in the photo you can see the yellow Bank of Ayudhya, and it is here that a few freelance Lbs hang out during the night.

post-106-001112800 1294930061.jpg

Thanks for the report, BB ..... I was actually thinking of checking out HH myself as well, it's one of the few places [along with Issan] I have never been to in Thailand.

Great beach photo of the 2 lovely girls by the way!! Looks like professional quality....

I like the blond-haired LB also, looks kind of like a western shemale.

My friend keeps telling me I owe it to myself to check this city out, your report may have been the catalyst to finally get off my arse and do just that, cheers.

Cheers JaiDee. The blonde one is San, if she is still in town she should be easy to find, probably still working in the Caddy Shack. Nice friendly manner and medium tool. Here are some photos of the beach and environs, with the tide out.

The tourist base is mostly northern European, many Scandinavians. So far the Russians etc have not discovered this spot.

post-106-001285300 1295171357.jpg

post-106-024393500 1295171376.jpg

post-106-064263200 1295171393.jpg

post-106-020977000 1295171408.jpg

post-106-051743300 1295171424.jpg

post-106-071410200 1295171434.jpg

post-106-086971200 1295171459.jpg

post-106-067713900 1295171479.jpg

post-106-029259000 1295171495.jpg

• Upvote 1

sick of hearing fucking Russians every place I go , with luck there wouldnt be any in Hua Hin as its to far from the Airport for them

wow, so I guess I am not the only one who is seriously annoyed with those Russkie's invading our beloved Thailand!!??

Damn it, 10 years ago there were none to be found.....now, Pattaya and Patong beach in Phuket are swarming with those evil fuckers.....if HH has none [yet] that makes it even more appealing to me!

I will check this place out st some point in 2011, guaranteed :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, I am here now!

cool place.....lots of LB's walking around at night, I saw 10 or 12 tonight and half of them looked really good.......freelancers one and all, they chill around the beer bars looking for customers and some are really cute!

Looking for San tomorrow night.......BB, can I assume that the spot around Viking Bar and those 2 or 3 streets worth of beer bars are the only places for action in HH?? It was pretty slow tonight, by 1230 or so things were looking pretty quiet.....will go back down there tomorrow.

Cheers, JD

hey guys, I am here now!

cool place.....lots of LB's walking around at night, I saw 10 or 12 tonight and half of them looked really good.......freelancers one and all, they chill around the beer bars looking for customers and some are really cute!

Looking for San tomorrow night.......BB, can I assume that the spot around Viking Bar and those 2 or 3 streets worth of beer bars are the only places for action in HH?? It was pretty slow tonight, by 1230 or so things were looking pretty quiet.....will go back down there tomorrow.

Cheers, JD

Yea Jai Dee, those sois are the main action area really. It's quiet at 12.30 as most have gone to the Hilton disco I guess. Have you tried the late bars yet. They are up the road from the Hilton, check post #10. The girls go there from 2 am onwards after the Hilton has closed. I usually sit in Bernie Bar up there and watch the show go by. There are food stalls and a tiny seating area outside Caddy Shack 2 (not to be confused with the Caddy Shack in the bar area where a few LBs hang out).

Have fun and get back to me if you have any more questions. Cheers.

Excellent map, good find BB!

As far as color coding, the pink dots don't indicate Hua Hin's version of Sunee. The pink are the karoke bars. The blue are bars operated by friends of the fellow who designed their website, so probably oriented towards expats. Most bars on the map are yellow.

There is one red dot and the legend says Unknown. Perhaps this is a joint with glory holes? :blink:

Man, that was 10 of the best days I have ever had!!

Laos rocks.....can't wait to go back there :)

for now, Hua Hin is really cool..... the typical tourist here is kinda like my Mom's age so I feel like a youngster again LOL

heading out soon with a friend, Hilton and some late-night beer bars on the agenda

this info here has been spectacular, thanks to you guys for helping me find my way around!!

cheers, JD

You are in a good place there Jai Dee. No loud drunk farang youths, well maybe a few Scandanavian students lol, no Russians and not many undesirables like you might see in Pattaya.

For a certain mind set, mine being one of them, HH is ideal. Laid back, easy to get around, long beach, small port and just enough naughtiness, love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BB, sorry for the late reply on this!!

I left HH last week, I was there for 3 nights total, 2 were with a friend and his ladyboy girlfriend.

Good news first; all the info I secured from this message board was spot on!! The bars were all as described, the locations were perfect, and yes, people.....Hua Hin Has Ladyboys!! Probably 15-20 in a very small area, you can see them all around the soi where the Blue Angel cabaret is starting at around 9pm......my buddy and I had a few beers at Viking Bar and many of them freelance there apparently.

Also....yes, the beaches are nice [as long as you go AWAY from where the main road leads to the beach; just turn right about 200 meters] and the beach at Cha Am and also down by the military base in the other direction were all lovely; perfect, really.

Now the bad news; per usual I have no real trip report for you guys :(

Part of the reason I post my thoughts very rarely on message boards these days is that I don't have anything new to say with any real substance or which may be of any interest to LB-hunters, and this trip was no different. I drank some beer with my friend, and even after he left and I had one night alone I just pretty much walked around, got some fast food and was asleep by midnight.

I know, boring.....zzzzzzzzzzzz. And it wasn't the lack of LB's, as I say there are many around for such a small place; it just seems that the older I get [nearing 50 soon] my libido lets me down more and more and getting a burger and diving into a good book holds much more appeal to me than having sex. Strange but true, considering my lifestyle just 5 years ago :(

If I could make up a good story to amuse the masses I would tell it, but I just don't, sorry! I was in Pattaya 2 weeks prior to that and only took 1 LB in 3 nights as well, sex has just kinda lost its appeal to me these days and I just find other things to entertain me.