Bell Bus Cannot Buy Ticket At Airport

Pdoggg

You can no longer buy a ticket at the airport for your trip to Pattaya. You must buy a ticket in advance.  This is not Bell's idea but rather some power struggle with other interested parties.

The lady at the Bell counter said that maybe in November they'll have a counter on the 2nd floor where you can purchase tickets.

http://www.belltravelservice.com

This is defo hurting Bell's business.  If you purchase a ticket online it's only good for that particular bus. You cannot take an earlier or later bus with that ticket.

An alternative is the "Jomtien Bus" which is 120 baht and will drop you off by Foodland on the road from Pattaya to Jomtien.  Then you just cross the road and hop on a baht bus for 10 baht for the trip to Pattaya. 

Or you could hire one as a private taxi to your hotel.  If so, you will get a cheaper rate flagging one down on the street than dealing with the parked baht busses in the lot.

http://airportpattayabus.com

I have always booked my tickets in advance when I have used the Bell Bus service from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya and back, back then I did not have to pay up front and paid at the desk on arrival at the airport or the Bus station

Since those days I have been using Mr T to get my ass to Pattaya and back because I can't be bothered hanging around just to save a few baht when I am on my "holiday"

I will be using the Bell Bus service however for my sortie from Pattaya to Hua Hin and back next month, all booked and paid for via their website, great price imho too B)

14 minutes ago, SiamSam said:

I land in Swampy on December 22 headed for Hua Hin. Is the Bell Bus service a good choice for getting there? 

Take your pick :hi:

Route:

Suvarnabhumi Airport To Hua-Hin/Cha-Am

No. Of Seats:

Departure Date:

22 Dec 2016

Time Vehicle Fare(THB) Available Seats  
07:30 Coach (24) 269.00 24

09:00 Coach (24) 269.00 22  
10:30 Coach (24) 269.00 20  
12:00 Coach (24) 269.00 24  
13:30 Coach (24) 269.00 24  
15:00 Coach (24) 269.00 24  
16:30 Coach (24) 269.00 24  
18:00 Coach (24) 269.00 23  
19:30 Coach (24) 269.00 21  
 Back
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

You can no longer buy a ticket at the airport for your trip to Pattaya. You must buy a ticket in advance.  This is not Bell's idea but rather some power struggle with other interested parties.

The lady at the Bell counter said that maybe in November they'll have a counter on the 2nd floor where you can purchase tickets.

http://www.belltravelservice.com

This is defo hurting Bell's business.  If you purchase a ticket online it's only good for that particular bus. You cannot take an earlier or later bus with that ticket.

An alternative is the "Jomtien Bus" which is 120 baht and will drop you off by Foodland on the road from Pattaya to Jomtien.  Then you just cross the road and hop on a baht bus for 10 baht for the trip to Pattaya. 

Or you could hire one as a private taxi to your hotel.  If so, you will get a cheaper rate flagging one down on the street than dealing with the parked baht busses in the lot.

http://airportpattayabus.com

The "Jomtien " bus from gate 8 is still unaffected  then, yes ? That is great news as thats the only one I have ever  taken

3 hours ago, globetrotter said:

The "Jomtien " bus from gate 8 is still unaffected  then, yes ? That is great news as thats the only one I have ever  taken

It is unaffected.  You can still pay at the airport.  I paid at the airport last week.

I like both the Bell Bus and Jomtien Bus.  It's not just about the money either.  Busses are safer than cabs.  It takes slightly longer but I'd rather have a safe ride than to get somewhere quicker.

If going to Pattaya, at the station you are transfered to a van at the Pattaya bus station to then bring you to your hotel which is included in the price.

The Bell Bus is comfortable, safe, clean etc.

If going from Swampy to Hua Hin, I'd defo take the Bell Bus. However, on the Hua Hin route the price does not include going all the way to your hotel. So you need to know which of the three stops to get off. I assume at those stops it's easy to find transport to your hotel.

Drop-off Point:

Bus Stop in front of Bangkok Bank at Cha-am intersection
Dusit Thani Hua Hin Hotel
Hua Hin Bus Stop on Hua Hin Road between Soi 96 and 98

17 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Drop-off Point:

Bus Stop in front of Bangkok Bank at Cha-am intersection
Dusit Thani Hua Hin Hotel
Hua Hin Bus Stop on Hua Hin Road between Soi 96 and 98

8 hours ago, duke007 said:

I will be taking the first option when arriving, my sweetie will be waiting for me B)

Will be taking the second option on the way back

The bus station on Soi 96/3 is pretty far away from the entertainment area. Quite a bit past the Market Village Mall. I had a mix up once and the tuk tuk driver took me to the wrong bus station. They understand bus station but after that not so much. The next time I told the driver "bus station soi gao sip hohk" (although there is probably a better way to spell 9 and 6 to make more sense in English) and had no problem.

Hua Hin Soi 96 bus station photo link below. Sometimes when the buses are out of sight behind the building it isn't so obvious.

https://www.google.com/maps/@12.5504747,99.9622786,3a,75y,262.21h,85.65t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPWxL84gbO1yh0xrF35a5Gg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, globetrotter said:

will be heading back shortly  so just making sure if bus from gate 8 at Swampy  to Airport bus terminal  beside Foodland and on way to Jomtien is still going (not Bell  bus,  but not sure of name) 

Pretty sure it is still running. Please note that the 9PM and 10PM busses only stop at the inconvenient Pattaya North bus station and not in Jomtien or Pattaya Klang at Sukhumvit or Pattaya South at Sukhumvit.

Flights are likely to arrive late starting March 3rd due to a runway closure.