Bell bus service Swampy to Pattaya

globetrotter

4 hours ago, rxpharm said:

AIS (Advanced Info Service) is a mobile phone operator, and is licensed to operate only Thailand. In other countries they must negotiate with those country's operators to provide roaming service, which is one reason why roaming costs are expensive.

I sent a text once and it cost something like 50 baht. So actually transmitting (if you will) is expensive but the free perks are great.

• 1 month later...

OK guys, another question involving Bell Transport whilst we're at it. If my flight gets in at 3pm, what are the chances of making the Bell stand by the time the 4pm bus leaves? I could book the 6pm bus and hope they take me at 4pm if I make it on time - then again they might be cuntish about it and insist on the original booking time! I haven't been back to Pattaya in 8yrs so my memory is sketchy on this......

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ring_master said:

OK guys, another question involving Bell Transport whilst we're at it. If my flight gets in at 3pm, what are the chances of making the Bell stand by the time the 4pm bus leaves? I could book the 6pm bus and hope they take me at 4pm if I make it on time - then again they might be cuntish about it and insist on the original booking time! I haven't been back to Pattaya in 8yrs so my memory is sketchy on this......

Welcome to the forum Ring Master!   :drinks:

If you deplane at 3PM you will most probably make the 4PM bus.

The Bell reps at the airport have always been quite nice to me.  They will only be cuntish if the people who regulate airport transportation require them  to be strict about tickets.  A fews years back you could buy tickets at the airport but now they are prohibited from doing so.  In my experience it is rare for an afternoon Bell Bus from the airport to be full. But here are the official regulations:

Be sure to book the Coach departure time (recommended at least 1.5 hours after your estimate time of arrival, ETA) which will give you time in order to pick-up your checked baggage, get visa, pass immigration and clear customs.
If you miss the Coach, your ticket/booking is expired and cannot be used for the next Coach.
In case of flight delay, our staff will arrange the next available coach for you (only when ETA is at least 1.5 hours away from the booked coach) except for the last Coach Departure time. If there are no available seats, you will have to find an alternative transfer at your own expense. The ticket/booking is, however, not refundable.
If your ETA is less than 1.5 hours away from your booked coach, your booking is expired.

I suppose when booking the bus you could list a different flight which is scheduled to arrive before 2:30.

Depending on where your hotel is located, the Jomtien Bus might be a better option, for example if you were staying at View Talay 6 on 2nd Road. 

http://airportpattayabus.com

With the Jomtien Bus you pay 120 baht at the counter in the airport.  These busses are scheduled hourly but in practice they add lots of extra busses  due to demand.when you get off the bus in Jomtien you cross the other side of the road and take a baht bus back to Pattaya for 10 baht.  This is a good option for people who know Pattaya fairly well but if you haven't been here for 8 years then you might not be sure where to get off.

• Like 2

Many thanks for the info PD, I'll go ahead and book it for 4pm as I'm staying in soi Chaiyaphun and don't fancy getting off at Jomtien as with the other bus. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll just get one of the yellow/green taxis and cough-up the extra. I used to live in Pats from 97 - 2011 so I have a fair amount of catching up to do, plus old habits die hard!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, arrived this afternoon..........late. Eventually got to Bell's 30min late and missed my 4pm slot. No problemo, the rep says, pay B30 and take the next bus. Sorted. Except for the fact that I didn't get to Pats till after 8pm and the place I had booked to stay was all closed up. Not a very good start.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2019 at 11:00 PM, Pdoggg said:

Welcome to the forum Ring Master!   :drinks:

If you deplane at 3PM you will most probably make the 4PM bus.

I suppose when booking the bus you could list a different flight which is scheduled to arrive befo

http://airportpattayabus.com

With the Jomtien Bus you pay 120 baht at the counter in the airport.  

I arrive in BKK at 5.45 am after tomorrow ..and going to jomtien...now...I understand that I can buy the ticket for this bus there...no need to pre-book....am I right? I just have 400 bath left in my pocket since last trip

( A taxi would cost me 1200...)

6 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

I just have 400 bath left in my pocket since last trip

You can buy a ticket for 120 baht on the ground floor of the airport near Door 8 on the ground floor.   When you get off the bus in Jomtien ignore the parked baht busses in the parking lot. Just walk about 15 meters to the street and get on a moving baht bus to Jomtien and when you get off pay 10 baht.    If you are staying at Katty's it's only a 5 minute ride from the bus station to Soi 4.

Have fun Sustra!   :drinks:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

Thanks.. so I'll catch this one....

Hi Sustra4 I got that bus on my last trip to Jomtien in January. But the bus leaving shortly after I arrived was fully booked so I had to wait 2 hours in airport for the next one.

Bear that in mind as you might not want to hang around in airport for 2 hours. It didn't matter to me as if I had got to my accommodation on earlier bus I would only have had to wait in condo lobby for 2 hours as I couldn't check in until 1400.

When you get to Jomtien bus station you can get baht bus to Soi 4, but if you don't have much luggage you can walk there in 10 minutes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

You can buy a ticket for 120 baht on the ground floor of the airport near Door 8 on the ground floor.   When you get off the bus in Jomtien ignore the parked baht busses in the parking lot. Just walk about 15 meters to the street and get on a moving baht bus to Jomtien and when you get off pay 10 baht.    If you are staying at Katty's it's only a 5 minute ride from the bus station to Soi 4.

Have fun Sustra!   :drinks:

i ' ll try... thanx...report will follow

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Hi Sustra4 I got that bus on my last trip to Jomtien in January. But the bus leaving shortly after I arrived was fully booked so I had to wait 2 hours in airport for the next one.

Bear that in mind as you might not want to hang around in airport for 2 hours. It didn't matter to me as if I had got to my accommodation on earlier bus I would only have had to wait in condo lobby for 2 hours as I couldn't check in until 1400.

When you get to Jomtien bus station you can get baht bus to Soi 4, but if you don't have much luggage you can walk there in 10 minutes.

i hope the bus will not be full at 7 a.m..being september...my  plane direct flight to BKK is landing at 5.15 am...otherwise i'll catch a meter taxi. I usually like to wait...so to smoke a few cigarettes after a 11 hours flight.( sooner or later i'll quit...smoking i mean...not flying )

I will not stay in soi 4 this time....just a few days in jomtien and fly to Phuket....need to swim in clear waters. Swimming in Jomtien...i don't have sins so serious to expiate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Here's the schedule (sometimes they add extra busses though). Price went up from 120 to 130 baht.  The Bell Bus is now 300.

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-suvarnabhumi-airport/

thanks again...i'll catch it...and i thank you for the information that actually my lb should have given...ok...not talking about it as she stays just behind the bus station...but as i pay...probably not important...starting to have a bad feeling about it

16 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

thanks again...i'll catch it...and i thank you for the information that actually my lb should have given...ok...not talking about it as she stays just behind the bus station...but as i pay...probably not important...starting to have a bad feeling about it

I'm sure everything will be fine. She probably just assumed you always take taxi from airport.

Btw if you are returning to airport from Jomtien you can buy bus ticket from the Jomtien bus station in advance, up to 3 days before you leave. I always do that rather than just turning up as buses may be fully booked. If they have a lot of people booking a particular bus they sometimes put on a second bus for that time.

Enjoy your trip!

• Like 2