Bell bus service Swampy to Pattaya

globetrotter

OK  found a, link that  says there are only 6 buses a day (from memory it was more  like  every hour ) and 250  tbt  ,  I took it only a few months ago and sure it was less  than hen 150,anyways just want to know if anyone knows  what time the last one leaves from Swampy at night ? 

The Bell buses leave Swampy every two hours from 8 AM to 6 PM. The cost is 240/250 baht. The page I reference below says 250 baht but when you actually go to book online it says 240 baht.

Go to the link below and the click on  Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya

http://www.belltravelservice.com/shared-transfer/

Booking link:

https://ticket.belltravelservice.com/customer/Webhome

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, xyzzy said:

The Bell buses leave Swampy every two hours from 8 AM to 6 PM. The cost is 250 baht.

Go to the link below and the click on  Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya

Could have sworn  it was more frequent  and cheaper but I guess not ,  does Mr.  T (is that right ? )  still do it and how late does he go  and how much is it ? 

16 minutes ago, globetrotter said:

Could have sworn  it was more frequent  and cheaper but I guess not ,  does Mr.  T (is that right ? )  still do it and how late does he go  and how much is it ? 

You wouldn't be confusing it with the bus that leaves from Jomtien/Tep Praya road every hour by any chance?104.gif

8 hours ago, bumblebee said:

You wouldn't be confusing it with the bus that leaves from Jomtien/Tep Praya road every hour by any chance?104.gif

Ya ,  next to Foodland  right and across from Italian  restaurant (Pan Pan ?) I thought  that was Bell bus  and it does leave every hour and about 135 baht or something  I think,, anyways does, anyone   have a, link or know off- hand when the last one leaves the airport  ?  

What's offered at the Bell Travel Service desk in Suvarnabhumi Airport is a bus service to Pattaya every hour (during operating hours), which alternates between two services: -

1. a bus service followed by a minibus direct to your chosen hotel, costing B250.

2. the bus service which bumblebee describes above, which is cheaper. But with this service there's a likelihood you will need a further baht bus or taxi-motorbike to complete your journey into Jomtien. Or, you can hop off along Sukhumvit Road (usually Pattaya Klang junction) and get a baht bus or taxi-motorbike from there to your hotel if you're in Pattaya, as opposed to Jomtien. These additional taxi-motorbike and baht bus rides are independent of the Bell Travel service.

For times of the first and last buses, look on their website.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dixoncox said:

What's offered at the Bell Travel Service desk in Suvarnabhumi Airport is a bus service to Pattaya every hour (during operating hours), which alternates between two services: -

1. a bus service followed by a minibus direct to your chosen hotel, costing B250.

2. the bus service which bumblebee describes above, which is cheaper. But with this service there's a likelihood you will need a further baht bus or taxi-motorbike to complete your journey into Jomtien. Or, you can hop off along Sukhumvit Road (usually Pattaya Klang junction) and get a baht bus or taxi-motorbike from there to your hotel if you're in Pattaya, as opposed to Jomtien. These additional taxi-motorbike and baht bus rides are independent of the Bell Travel service.

For times of the first and last buses, look on their website.

Right thanks 

Here's the Bell Bus website which is also listed above by xyzzy::

Here's the Jomtien Bus website:

http://airportpattayabus.com

Note the last two busses from the airport, the 9PM and 10PM don't stop at Pattaya Klang, Pattaya Tai, and Jomtien. Instead they leave you at the Pattaya Nua bus station.  There are not many baht busses cruising Pattaya Nua and the parked baht busses try to overcharge, 

If you have never been to Pattaya before, I don't recommend this bus if it's early enough to grab the Bell Bus.

If you get off at Pattaya Klang or Pattaya Tai you have to cross the overpass over Sukhumvit which is not pleasant with luggage in the rain.  But the hotelwhere I used stay was only a minute off Pattaya Tai so I often used this bus.

If getting off in Jomtien, ignore the parked baht busses in the lot.

Instead cross the road and hop on a baht bus headed to Pattaya.  

21 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Here's the Bell Bus website which is also listed above by xyzzy::

Here's the Jomtien Bus website:

http://airportpattayabus.com

Note the last two busses from the airport, the 9PM and 10PM don't stop at Pattaya Klang, Pattaya Tai, and Jomtien. Instead they leave you at the Pattaya Nua bus station.  There are not many baht busses cruising Pattaya Nua and the parked baht busses try to overcharge, 

If you have never been to Pattaya before, I don't recommend this bus if it's early enough to grab the Bell Bus.

If you get off at Pattaya Klang or Pattaya Tai you have to cross the overpass over Sukhumvit which is not pleasant with luggage in the rain.  But the hotelwhere I used stay was only a minute off Pattaya Tai so I often used this bus.

If getting off in Jomtien, ignore the parked baht busses in the lot.

Instead cross the road and hop on a baht bus headed to Pattaya.  

I have  taken  this bus a bunch of  times already but always leave from and  arrive  at the bus station on  Teppraya  Rd as mentioned as it's convenient  with baht buses always going to and from there,   but have  always landed  at and left from airport  about 10 am   but  next time might be  late night so hence wondering time of last one to avoid having to stay overnight  in Bangkok in possible 

The last one is at 10PM.

It goes only to the bus station on Pattaya North Road.

Perhaps a good option is getting a good night's sleep at the inexpensive Great Residence and choose the option of two way airport transport.

Arrive in Patts refreshed the next day, timing your departure to catch the Bell Bus so you don't have to lug bags around Jomtien.

Great Residence

I've stayed at this hotel and would stay again.

Great Residence

great.jpg

19 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The last one is at 10PM.

It goes only to the bus station on Pattaya North Road.

Perhaps a good option is getting a good night's sleep at the inexpensive Great Residence and choose the option of two way airport transport.

Arrive in Patts refreshed the next day, timing your departure to catch the Bell Bus so you don't have to lug bags around Jomtien.

Great Residence

I've stayed at this hotel and would stay again.

Great Residence

great.jpg

Something  to keep in  mind  thanks for the hotel link PD,  just  not sure if I could spend a night in Bangkok  and resist urge to head down to soi 4 and  drop a bunch of cash in the process 

15 hours ago, globetrotter said:

not sure if I could spend a night in Bangkok  and resist urge to head down to soi 4 and  drop a bunch of cash in the process 

Well then a good alternative is:

1) Take a cab to the Woraburi on Soi 4. You can often get a good deal there,   

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php/topic/2-bangkok-accommodation/page-4

2) Have a few beers at the Nana bars.

3) Take a ladyboy from the street for 700 baht

4) Take the Bell Bus straight from the Woraburi to your hotel in Pattaya.  Bus is scheduled for 1:30 with hotel pickup at 12:30 which is perfect for the 12:00 check out time.

A little more expensive than the airport hotel but you hit the ground running. But beware, One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble!  :crazy:

• 2 years later...
On 9/12/2016 at 5:58 AM, xyzzy said:

The page I reference below says 250 baht but when you actually go to book online it says 240 baht.

Now the page says 300 baht but when I paid is was only 280.  I was thinking that the maybe the price is going up on April 1st and was posting to suggest that maybe guys should book in March if they know for sure when they are leaving.  But reading your post who knows?

my trip is in 2 weeks....so...if i understand properly...i catch the bus just outside Suv Airport On level 1 gate 8 at arrival hall

But if i should reach jomtien soi 4 katty guesthouse....should i get off in Pattaya or do they go straight to Jomtien?

( expert about Bkk...ignorant as nobody about pattaya and jomtien...been there only once )

5 hours ago, Sustra4 said:

my trip is in 2 weeks....so...if i understand properly...i catch the bus just outside Suv Airport On level 1 gate 8 at arrival hall

But if i should reach jomtien soi 4 katty guesthouse....should i get off in Pattaya or do they go straight to Jomtien?

( expert about Bkk...ignorant as nobody about pattaya and jomtien...been there only once )

If I was staying at Katty's then I would not take the Bell Bus which you would need to book online.

Instead I would take what people refer to as the "Jomtien Bus".  You buy the ticket near Door 8 on Level 1 for 120 baht.

Walk about 50 meters up Soi 4 and you will see Katty's on the right.

You take the bus to the last stop which is Jomtien.

The bus might turn into a small parking lot to let you off or may let you off on the street outside the parking lot.If itleaves youoff in lot then walk back to the street and flag down a moving blue "baht bus"  . You are on the correct side of the street. There will be  other people in the back of this blue songthaew,  Don't talk to the driver; just get in the back with your luggage and in a few minutes the bus will make a sharp left and you will then be travelling along the beach. In a little less than a minute you will reach Soi 1 and then very quickly you will reach Soi 2, Soi 3, and Soi 4.   Walk about 50 meters up Soi 4 and you will see Katty's on the right.s u approach soi 4, ring the buzzer, get off and pay the driver exactly 10 baht. Don't give him a paper bill and wait for change

.(In the parking lot where the airport bus lets you off  there will be one or twoparked blue baht busses and the driver will ask you where you are going, Just smile and don't even talk to the guy as he will try to charge you 150 baht for a 10 baht trip.  A moving baht bus should come along in a minute.. 

Guys, I'm a little drunk, so if u see a mistake, please point it out.

The combination of the 120 baht airport bus and the 10 baht baht bus is the best way to get from the airport to Katty's 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Guys, I'm a little drunk, so if u see a mistake, please point it out

Thank you very much for the information...anyway...you bloody lucky...I am on night shift where any kind of drink is banned...but in 2 weeks time...ohhh behave!!!!!

On 3/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, Pdoggg said:

Now the page says 300 baht but when I paid is was only 280

I was planning on booking the Bell Bus a few days ago, it was priced at B280.

However, one thing I didn't notice last time (this time last year) was that there is now a rising scale of surcharges for baggage.

>20kg was included in the base price of B280, one piece of hand luggage was allowed too. 20-29kg was an additional B50. The prices continued to go up in stages depending upon quantity and weight, I can't remember what they were now.

Anyway, after filling in all the boxes my credit card was declined (for around £7.20), so I didn't bother trying again. The same credit card bought my Emirates flight without issue. I wonder if it was made worse by electing to pay in £'s, rather than Baht.

I'll take a taxi on my own, already booked it. For this once a year journey I can't be bothered with the hassle of Bell Travel Service's website anymore, plus all this extra cash I have burning a hole in my pocket since having to send myself B65k per month to meet visa extension requirements means I just don't know what to spend it all on :blush:

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 11:27 PM, dixon cox said:

Anyway, after filling in all the boxes my credit card was declined (for around £7.20), so I didn't bother trying again. The same credit card bought my Emirates flight without issue. I wonder if it was made worse by electing to pay in £'s, rather than Baht.

Yup, the worst thing  about Bell is having one's credit card declined.  Especially irritating for such a small charge.

I've been having good luck booking Bell with my debit card from the Yellow bank.  But I can only do this in Thailand as charges on the Yellow banks card need to receive a one time password to my Thai number which I either can't get overseas or would have to figure out how to turn on roaming  and pay for roaming.

But if I can't book with Bell comming back to Thailand, I'll just use the 120 baht Jomtien Bus plus a 10 baht baht bus and save 150 baht and have the added benefit of not having to worry about missing a booked Bell Bus if the plane is late.  But going to the airport to catch a flight I prefer Bell. If just going to Bangkok for a night or two with a small backpack, I prefer theJomtien Bus so as not to lock myself into a time.  One's proximity to a baht bus makes this method doable or a hassle. 

For such a small charge, if using an American credit card I often choose to be charged in USD.  But for big charges this "dynamic currency conversion" is a rip off and in most cases better to have your home bank do the conversion which is generally at the Visa (or Mastercard) Interbank rate plus usually a percentage markup of about 2%.  Fidelityand Schwab cards have no markup. Will be interesting to see if there are any hidden charges using Cambodian ATMs since there is no currency conversion since the machine spits out dollars.  

On 4/4/2019 at 11:27 PM, dixon cox said:

extra cash I have burning a hole in my pocket since having to send myself B65k per month to meet visa extension requirements means I just don't know what to spend it all on

If you have extra money that you want to bring back to Blighty, then I'd suggest you change your baht to pounds at the currency exchange booths down by the rail link at Swampy.  You walk down the ramp keeping to the right by the rail link and you will see many booths offering extremely good rates such as Super Rich Thailand (green) and Value Plus (red).  The rates changing baht to other major foreign currencies  are as good as ever there (the reverse is not true, changing foreign currency to baht is not as favorable as 6 months ago).  There has evidentily been some collusion to widen the spread toi ncrease profit margins.

Note you will get a better rate if changing baht to 20 pound notes than if changing baht to 50 pound notes. When changing baht to pounds one wants to look for the lowest number.

Btw, the Yellow bank has a special savings account that is currently paying 1.3% interest as long as your balance is at least 100K baht.  Immigration accepts this account if going the 800K route. Don't think they accept time deposits which might have a higher rate of interest. 

On 4/5/2019 at 7:38 PM, Pdoggg said:

But I can only do this in Thailand as charges on the Yellow banks card need to receive a one time password to my Thai number which I either can't get overseas or would have to figure out how to turn on roaming  and pay for roaming.

What brand of SIM do you have? I receive free text messages here in the USA on AIS via T-Mobile. I turn off AIS data (*129*1#) when I leave Thailand.

2 hours ago, xyzzy said:

What brand of SIM do you have? I receive free text messages here in the USA on AIS via T-Mobile. I turn off AIS data (*129*1#) when I leave Thailand.

I guess I am missing something.

In Thailand, I have AIS.   In Cambodia I usually use Cellcard on my smartphone and Metfone on my cheap charlie Nokia that I prefer to use when going out drinkng.  But I can't use the Pass Taxi App which can get me home for a buck without negotiation on my dumbphone.

So are you saying that before I leave Thailand, I turn on some sort of roaming but turn off data and I can get AIS messages for free as long as my Thai Sim is in my smartphone?

22 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I guess I am missing something.

In Thailand, I have AIS.   In Cambodia I usually use Cellcard on my smartphone and Metfone on my cheap charlie Nokia that I prefer to use when going out drinkng.  But I can't use the Pass Taxi App which can get me home for a buck without negotiation on my dumbphone.

So are you saying that before I leave Thailand, I turn on some sort of roaming but turn off data and I can get AIS messages for free as long as my Thai Sim is in my smartphone?

I'm going to guess Cambodia uses different frequencies or otherwise doesn't let AIS connect to networks. I had to do nothing to make my AIS phone work in the US and Hong Kong. I just turn it on and can receive texts or dial USSD codes (like check balance) for free. So I can use it here at home if I need a code for my Thai bank account. 

I bought a DTAC SIM last trip for my backup phone and it does not work in the US. I think maybe it would have worked if I activated something in Thailand (or so I read somewhere). But don't have all the details.

Not sure what frequencies they use in Cambodia and the Philippines compared to Thailand. But in more developed countries AIS will likely work for receiving texts?   

• Like 1

AIS (Advanced Info Service) is a mobile phone operator, and is licensed to operate only Thailand. In other countries they must negotiate with those country's operators to provide roaming service, which is one reason why roaming costs are expensive.

• Like 1