Is There a Reluctance to Admit you Avoid Bar Fines?

Stroker

Bumped into this old thread and feel interested in what BMs think now after the covid crisis. 

On 9/13/2016 at 5:29 PM, Pdoggg said:

So what are the alternatives?

1) Phone numbers of the girls you have from previous trips.  Some might only be available before or after a bar closes but others are unrestricted freelancers who can see you at any time.

2) Facebook 

3)  Thai Friendly is a useful resource.  It's not really for me, but many guys enjoy the process and chatting up girls online.

Thai Friendly is free but limits you to one message every 10 minutes. So some guys try to get contact details such as Line quickly and then use Line to chat to the girls.  But for convenience (just like a barfine) some guys upgrade to paid membership.

If you join Thai Friendly, please use our links on LBR as we get a commission on upgraded memberships which helps defray the operating costs of our Forum.

Thai Friendly

If you don't want to pay barfines in Manila or want girls from out the way places in the Philippines then Pina Love is a good option. Same software as TF

Pina Love

4) Wechat : use "discovery" then "people nearby" and you'll get a radar of girls (GGs and ladbiys in the vicinity). Very useful in Pattaya, BKK or Cambodia. Risky in HCMC though. 

5) If you want to venture into Vietnam, the most complete website will be the 4 Kingdoms ladyboys. 

• Like 2

Reluctance to admit I avoid bar fines?

Au contraire!  There was a time when I prided myself on doing it and bragged about it at PY, which is one of the reasons I never fraternized much with the bar owners and the cliquers who would not approve of my sneaky behavior.  It was not about the money as it did not save me any since I would offer the barfine amount upfront to the sissy (or GG).  This would  give both of us a sense of rebellious pleasure from which bonding and enhanced sex would ensue.

Now that I am older and wiser I consider the barfine a fair and a bargain convenience fee. On my last trip I made a point of paying it at Delirious even though my sissy pick told me she'd join me later.  You see bars like Delirious or Emmy that are keeping the barfines at 300 only in this day and age are doing so clearly in consideration of the customers and I feel now the right thing for me to do is to pay and not piss off the mindful bar owners by sneaking around them.

But what prompted me to post here was that I read the thread from p.1 and I could not help notice that all the BMs (other than PD) who had posted there have since silenced themselves...  Not one has posted recently:

Stroker ?

Stoolpusher RIP

Luung 

Foggy

duke007

Billy69

Globetrotter

TEXASMAC

bumblebeee

redrock

8inches

JustSumGai (PS:  just remembered he recently posted about bottoming)

BigTel

Pastor

aprevans

Pentire

Where did all these guys go?  Including 3 mods (Stroker, bumblebee, duke007) ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rom said:

Au contraire!  There was a time when I prided myself on doing it and bragged about it at PY, which is one of the reasons I never fraternized much with the bar owners and the cliquers who would not approve of my sneaky behavior.  It was not about the money as it did not save me any since I would offer the barfine amount upfront to the sissy (or GG).  This would  give both of us a sense of rebellious pleasure from which bonding and enhanced sex would ensue.

Now that I am older and wiser I consider the barfine a fair and a bargain convenience fee. On my last trip I made a point of paying it at Delirious even though my sissy pick told me she'd join me later.  You see bars like Delirious or Emmy that are keeping the barfines at 300 only in this day and age are doing so clearly in consideration of the customers and I feel now the right thing for me to do is to pay and not piss off the mindful bar owners by sneaking around them.

But what prompted me to post here was that I read the thread from p.1 and I could not help notice that all the BMs (other than PD) who had posted there have since silenced themselves...  Not one has posted recently:

Stroker ?

Stoolpusher RIP

Luung 

Foggy

duke007

Billy69

Globetrotter

TEXASMAC

bumblebeee

redrock

8inches

BigTel

Pastor

aprevans

Pentire

Where did all these guys go?  Including 3 mods (Stroker, bumblebee, duke007) ????

Only 2 of those that I know of. Stoolpusher is no longer with us,(as noted), and Bumblebee is hard at work back in his homeland. For the others,I could not say.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rom said:

Stroker ?

Stoolpusher RIP

Luung 

Foggy

duke007

Billy69

Globetrotter

TEXASMAC

bumblebeee

redrock

8inches

BigTel

Pastor

aprevans

Pentire

Have to agree with tou Rom ... traffic on the forum indeed is very low. Wonder why? Can't believe mongering is over :yahoo:

3 hours ago, Woodie said:

Only 2 of those that I know of. Stoolpusher is no longer with us,(as noted), and Bumblebee is hard at work back in his homeland.

Foggy passed away this year.   Did catch up with him right before Christmas though.  He was still driving his yellow jeep which was indeed a babemagent jeep.

I do miss the old timers banter even if they've settled down or stopped mongering or gone GG.  Their input would still be interesting. Like where is Deep Throat? Perhaps Pigdog could start a gone but not forgotten thread ? Is the Game still out there? Snick? I don't much look at other forums as not many of the old nicks post there either or have changed nick and I don't know who they are. I have a bit of a disconnect with the younger crowd who approach mongering in a different way and I don't speak kidspeak.

• Like 1

I forgot to reply the main question. I used to pay something equivalent to BF, which was called champagne in bars in Eastern Europe. So the bar could add in their accountancy they had sold a bottle of champagne.  It had been hard for me to understand about ladies drinks and bar fines before I go to Thailand. I had eventually read about it in another forum before I go. 
However, the first ladyboy I met was a freelancer and I didn't have to pay for a barfine. I paid her 700 THB for LT during about 7 days. When I came back to TH 2 years later, I started again with freelancers in Chiang mai, but in ST. Then I pushed to Phuket and paid for ST and barfines. But I had been disappointed to see that although their prices were higher, some ladyboys snubbed me. I hd found a ladyboy for a LT at a reasonable rate to cover the LT and her barfine though, but I remained carefull on spending money. 

I had been then explained (in PY) that barfining a ladyboy was some kind of insurance against a poor quality of service, so I could go back to the bar and request for a refund. After I had a bad experience with a ladyboy at C&D, I found it hard to go and see the boss and and explain what had gone wrong to get a refund. This beach had spoilt me an evening, I didn't want her to spoil my next day. 
When wirting the TR, I had noticed there exists a correlation between working in a bar and delivering a substandard sex service. That sparked an outcry as if customers were adamant about paying for this expensive and illusory service. This is how I had been banned from PY. I never cheated with BF though. I don't try to get out of a bar with a ladyboy working there without barfining. I prefer freelancers. I remember a ladyboy I had met in soi LK Metro asking me to go to her bar first to pay her bar fine. Not a way. 
Since then, I preferred to go with freelancers. 

The main dvantage is that I found freelancers (and good quality ones) in many places in Cambodia, Vietnam, Koh Chang, Issan, Phuket, Hat Yai and other places. I know that bars must pay their employees and need to get a commission when one gets out, but I had read too much about bars abusing of bar fines, I experienced expensive ladyboys unable to provide a quality service and even using sales techniques to try to ripp off and provide a frustrating service. IMHO, I go to SE Asia to meet ladyboys, not to spend my time and money in bars. 

• Like 5