Is There a Reluctance to Admit you Avoid Bar Fines?

Stroker

Is there a general feeling that it's almost taboo to openingly admit you avoid paying bar fines, the fear of being perceived as some Cheap Charlie by some.  On the other hand as you spend more time in the scene does it become a point of principle to avoid them when you can and you don't care who knows?

You'll never stop people thinking and having an opinion good or bad about your actions or appearance, and in fact its none of your business either.

Its more a case of what u think people will think and that makes it taboo for you. As u get older and sometimes wiser that shouldn't even bother you, so just crack on and be with like minded mates and bye bye the others.

Spend too much and ring the bell your a wanker,

Avoid bar fines and your a cheap Charlie, can't win, but in who's thinking.

An experienced, wise frugal man will always extract the maximum fun for the minimum out lay, basic business common sense really and especially around the shark infested waters of our scene.  :crazy:

• Upvote 3

Never used to bother me paying the BFs..But the way the pound is at the moment n top of it some bars asking for 500bth. BF ..and I'm not talking about some stupid bars middle of no where ..(soi 5 lol) So now days i'll try to avoid paying BFs if I can.. AND I don't give a flying fuck if they thinks I'm a cheap Charlie..

• Upvote 2

My trips are usually 5-6 weeks so if I can avoid paying  bar fines  it's a big bonus ,  and so if a 2 week millionaire  thinks I'm a cheap Charlie then I couldn't  give a fuck ,  I also realize that p4p ladies don't  understand or just don't  care to understand  that I am on a budget  because  I am staying so long   for them a cheap Charlie  is a cheap Charlie  regardless of circumstances 

• Upvote 2

I've always accepted bar fines as a part of the whole scene.  And I suppose I've not got a problem paying in the future if there's a lovely bit of arse in a bar. But most of us lads have been at this game for quite some time, and the truth is we rarely have to pay a barfine if we don't want to. 

• Upvote 5

I avoid at all cost. If the bar fine was commensurate to the salary of the employee it would be ok. there is no way though I would pay 500 baht up, it is pur extortion. Just get a phone number and make an arrangement for the following morning. At that time of day they have more energy for the purpose.:girl_devil:

what bothers me is that the bar, and the short time get half of what the girl will get...as has been said, disproportionate. Add in a snack on the way to or from the deed and they get what she does. And as I've read the bf is up to 600 in most places, actually has been for years in Bkk. Guess being the one I recall with a 500 baht bf. I'd bet there are some trying for 700. VERY soon (if it's not already) a bar will be where only suckers go to pull one.

• Upvote 1

I think many guys who are on a tight budget are avoiding barfines these days.

Since most ladyboys have smartphones and are active on social media it's pretty easy to avoid the middleman.

Besides the barfine you're also looking at the cost of at least one drink and one ladydrink.

I happen to be on a late schedule so grabbing someone outside of Nana when the bars closed is perfect for a guy like me.  An offer of 700 baht is usually accepted. But if there is reluctance or attempted negotiation, no need to have an unhappy ladyboy and best to just move on to one of the many that find 700 baht acceptable.

But we're all on different budgets and for some guys the extra costs associated with the bars are well worth it to some guys.

There is a convenience factor of having the ladyboy you want in the bar exactly when you want her.  A ladyboy who is barfined is more accountable and less likely to cause trouble or steal.

It also depends whether or not you enjoy ladyboy bars or if it is a means to an end.  If you find the bars fun, then why not spend some money if you have it.

I suppose if barfines were 100 baht and ladydrinks were 50 baht more guys would opt for the bars.  But with current pricing many guys are just not willing to do the barfine/ladydrink thing.  But there are situations where even guys are limited budgets are willing to splurge for convenience.

So what are the alternatives?

1) Phone numbers of the girls you have from previous trips.  Some might only be available before or after a bar closes but others are unrestricted freelancers who can see you at any time.

2) Facebook 

3)  Thai Friendly is a useful resource.  It's not really for me, but many guys enjoy the process and chatting up girls online.

Thai Friendly is free but limits you to one message every 10 minutes. So some guys try to get contact details such as Line quickly and then use Line to chat to the girls.  But for convenience (just like a barfine) some guys upgrade to paid membership.

If you join Thai Friendly, please use our links on LBR as we get a commission on upgraded memberships which helps defray the operating costs of our Forum.

Thai Friendly

If you don't want to pay barfines in Manila or want girls from out the way places in the Philippines then Pina Love is a good option. Same software as TF

Pina Love

4 hours ago, TEXASMAC said:

old man tax

The old man tax is 100% voluntary.

Generally, what farangs are willing to pay is much more than what many ladyboys are willing to accept which leads to a wide range of possible prices.

No doubt what we can get in Southeast Asia is a much better value than back in Farangland, so much so that we are willing to spring for airfare to get here.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The old man tax is 100% voluntary.

Generally, what farangs are willing to pay is much more than what many ladyboys are willing to accept which leads to a wide range of possible prices.

No doubt what we can get in Southeast Asia is a much better value than back in Farangland, so much so that we are willing to spring for airfare to get here.

Yip.  I agree.  There basically isn't an old man tax. Maybe an ugly, smelly, obnoxious drunk man tax, but age usually ain't an issue to ladyboys.  I've met men in their 60s who fuck their way round Thailand no questions asked. Polite guys who keep themselves in decent condition, dress well and splash on a nice cologne, will always do well.

Remember lads: we're dealing with horny young men, not prudish young women.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I must admit that I have avoided barfines in the past more in agogo or Nana Plaza , aint no way am I gonna cough up 2000bht for a bar fine then pay the bird 2to3000 , may as well stay at home , I get a girls phone number , give her mine and meet when she finishes work , in my book I am meeting her off the clock as far as her employer is concerned . I wouldnt do it to bars who are charging something reasonable and taking the girl out when bar is open but these agogos can go fuck themselves

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

I paid a bar fine the other day, first time in years.

I don't go to bars anyway, not my idea of a fun time, and there is generally no way I would pay a bar fine.

I use Thaifriendly successfully but I can see it is nice to check out the produce before you buy. It's a bit like buying from Amazon versus going to a store.

• Upvote 2

Of the fourteen different ladyboys I became closely acquainted with in late September/October in Pattaya and Bangkok. Three were bar fined out of 69Bar, Pussy Bar and Check In Bar......the remainder were via Thai Friendly, Marine Disco, previous contacts and one I met in a bar, bought her a few drinks when an assignation was mutually agreed for later.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I just got back from a 30 day trip had sex at least once a day (many days twice,  ) and only paid 2 bar fines:  700 baht total  (, and took the same 2 again later with no bar fines the second time,)   ,  very happy how that turned out 

Edited by globetrotter
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, globetrotter said:

I just got back from a 30 day trip had sex at least once a day (many days twice,  ) 

Not surprising you looked sometimes in a daze when we crossed paths then Mr Globe :biggrin:

Which reminds me, I gotta ask you about that certain tanned girl again :spiteful:

2 hours ago, duke007 said:

Not surprising you looked sometimes in a daze when we crossed paths then Mr Globe :biggrin:

Which reminds me, I gotta ask you about that certain tanned girl again :spiteful:

I think I was averaging 2 maybe 3 hours of  sleep per night which catches up to you after a week or 2 let alone a month,  and I would be happy to answer anything about the very sexy 'tanned girl'