Retox sports bar

globetrotter

7 minutes ago, ArchieBunker said:

Looks like a decent place.  Is it off the beaten path??  This is from a guy who knows next to nothing about pattaya if it isnt between Beach Road and Second Road.

Has anyone stayed in the rooms??

It's at the bottom of Soi Honey, I think, so pretty central. Not sure about the rooms, but as it is open 24 hours, although it may not be a rocking party type of joint, I would assume there would be some sort of noise level, even in the wee small hours???

1 hour ago, ciobha said:

It's at the bottom of Soi Honey, I think, so pretty central. Not sure about the rooms, but as it is open 24 hours, although it may not be a rocking party type of joint, I would assume there would be some sort of noise level, even in the wee small hours???

I was thinking of the one on Soi Lengkee....oops,

Guinness is 150 - 170 baht a pint B)

guinness1.jpg

21 hours ago, duke007 said:

Yeah I've heard about this place, nice place to hide from the ladyboys and watch the Footy in peace for a few hours  :biggrin: and just around the corner from my abode B)

Got to say they do a good breakfast ...but I don't think you can hide from LBs I seen 2 LBs   working in there..:yes:

31 minutes ago, Billy69 said:

I seen 2 LBs   working in there..:yes:

Even better another great thing  about this place is that, in the restaurant, part all tables come  equipped with  small flat screen TV's so as to not miss any of the action and they even  have phone chargers at all tables 

6 hours ago, Billy69 said:

Got to say they do a good breakfast ...but I don't think you can hide from LBs I seen 2 LBs   working in there..:yes:

As long as they do not disturb me while Man United are playing then its cool, afterwards then it maybe hunky dory :biggrin:

On 24/08/2016 at 8:39 AM, duke007 said:

I was thinking of the one on Soi Lengkee....oops,

Guinness is 150 - 170 baht a pint B)

guinness1.jpg

You're both right....Retox Sports Bar - Soi Lengkee

Retox Game On - Soi Honey

• 4 years later...

The Retox on Lengkee has been gone for some time now, but unfortunately the owners of the Retox Game On on Soi Honey have decided to close for good and its  'Up for Sale', I really enjoyed watching the Footy there, nice vibe....B)

Just shows this pandemic is taking no prisoners if a stalwart of a business like this has had to throw in the towel, sign of the times. :(

IMG_20210604_101110.jpg.a71570de5567a60e191b999def74d6e8.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 3:56 PM, duke007 said:

Retox Game On

Saw a Super Bowl there.  It was a dedicated sports bar with a wide variety of sports on different screens.

In another recent video, the always busy Triangle Bar is in trouble but staying open.

I think the open/close decision has allot to do with lease details and how much key money was sunk into the place.

One guy I met who recently opened a business says now is a good time, as you can get in cheap with no key money, and slowly evolve the business breaking even and be well positioned if tourists ever return.

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

One guy I met who recently opened a business says now is a good time, as you can get in cheap with no key money, and slowly evolve the business breaking even and be well positioned if tourists ever return.

Maybe a good time to invest then PD :wink:

I can visage it now

'The Pdoggg Bollocks Bar' B) 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, duke007 said:

Maybe a good time to invest then PD :wink:

I can visage it now

'The Pdoggg Bollocks BarB) 

:biggrin:

I don't think the missus and I have the right skill set to run a successful bar, especially a bar with bargirls.

I guess in some ways it would be fun to own a bar but I suspect the thrill evaporates quickly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I don't think the missus and I have the right skill set to run a successful bar, especially a bar with bargirls.

I guess in some ways it would be fun to own a bar but I suspect the thrill evaporates quickly.

you'd be okay running a bar PD... problem is you wouldn't let anyone in unless they were wearing a hazmat suit!

:biggrin: