Aun RIP (Corner Bar & Duangjai)

Pdoggg

Aun has passed on.

I first got to know her when she was the manager/mamasan at Corner Bar.   She was a sweetheart, always up for some good banter and was extremely good at making her customers feel at home.

She was a reason that so many of our crowd hung out at Corner. She had very strong leadership skills so Corner always ran smoothly.

In later years she moved on to Fantasy Lounge and most recently Duangjai Bar on Soi LK Metro.

She will be missed, a shining light for sure.  RIP Aun. 

• Upvote 1

I came to know Aun through Her working at Corner Bar, She was indeed a shining light PD,  someone who I always felt good around, She and the team of Tomas, Crabby and Ying were unbeatable in efficient genuine hospitality hence Corner Bar became my nightly start off Bar and also somewhere where I would often call back to for a night cap too.

RIP   Aun,  you will be missed and never forgotten .

• Upvote 3

OMG!!! I am so shocked and saddened to hear this. I knew Aun well from Corner Bar and then Fantasy where she seemed less happy. She was an absolute delight to be around especially at Corner Bar where she commanded the ship and did an excellent job of running the place. Always pleasant and good company. She and Ying were great together as a team and I enjoyed many a night at Corner Bar largely due to their warm demeanour and hospitality. Does anyone know what happened to her? 

God rest her sweet soul. 

• Upvote 3

I didn't, know her for as long as alot of you but she did make an immediate  impact on me with her warm welcoming smile and  attitude  (as mentioned) but on a personal  level  I had a problem with a freelancer at Duangjai   one night (who was clearly wrong and whacked  on yaba, ice..) and next  time I was  in the bar she made a point  of coming over and telling me that she took my side (and she was the only one to do so)  and that the LB was crazy and out of line ,  we all know how incredibly  rare it is for a Thai to side with a Falang over another Thai ( no matter  how wrong they may be) so I will never forget that,  very sad as I was very much looking forward  to buying  her a drink and chatting  next trip 

• Upvote 2

I was sad to hear about this , I know its easy to speak in glowing terms about someone after they've died but Aun was a genuinely nice person and liked by all who knew her .

Like many others here I knew her from her pre- ladyboy days in Corner Bar where her friendly attitude and honesty added greatly to the experience of visiting the bar so much so that with a change of management and herself and Ning moving on the place was never the same and hardly worth visiting .

I remember the one and only time I ever threw a party , just a small gathering in Corner Bar at the end of the evening she produced the itemized bill and insisted on going through it twice with me with a calculator to make sure there were no mistakes , people like that are few and far between in the Pattaya bar business .

Herself and Ning briefly worked at the short lived Anaconda Bar after that and as people have already mentioned more recently Duangjai Bar where she mentored the younger ladyboys on the art of not hassling customers for drinks , she understood well where the customer was coming from and what they wanted .

I saw her quite a few times over my extended winter trip this year and went to Duangjai Bar regularly primarily because she was there and I always enjoyed her company , she would come round to my place the odd afternoon for a swim in the pool , last time I saw her was the end of April just before I went home .

A trip to Pattaya wont feel just the same now without her big smile and welcoming hug .

• Upvote 3

Oh dear. Dreadfully sad. I was not a fan of Fantasy Lounge but stopped there many times just to have a drink with Aun. Drove a couple of my mates crazy because we couldn't pass without stopping for a drink. Just over a year ago I took her to the movies, we saw Cinderfuckingella........ but still managed to have a great time.

I have a tear in my eye as I write this Aun - I will miss you!

• Upvote 4