Myanmar? Any Intel?

RandiUno2

I am desperately trying to figure out my first international trip in 4 years, and was hoping for some intel on Myanmar.  When I used to be able to travel at will, it didn't matter much where I went because I knew I could hit the road again in a few months.  However, now that I'm close to bankruptcy from funding 3 kids in College, I am really feeling pressure to make my first trip in 4 years to the right destination.

If anyone has any intel on Myanmar that would be great.  The good news is I will have to go through Bangkok if I go, so I will have plenty of ladyboy action on the way in and out if there is limited prospects there.

Well, hope all my travelling amigos are having a great time, and any intel is always greatly appreciated.

Randi.

• Upvote 2

Hi Randi!

I was in Myanmar earlier in March. I don't know what you're after when visiting there but if it is for LB or any other kind of sexually oriented action, or partying, just forget it. Myanmar is for exploring the culture and scenery. Sure you can find prostitutes here and there in the bigger cities but it is vastly different from e g Thailand. Myanmar is still a very traditional country, and poor.

I'm sure it will become more westernized as years go by but for now Myanmar is still a little untouched and unspoiled country. Which I found extremely refreshing.

I visited Mandalay and Bagan and just loved it. Lovely people and lots of things to see and visit if you're after the cultural treasures . But then I went there to experience the country, not sex.

Ask if there is something you want to know.

/Matt

Edited by Asson
spelling
  • Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

Have some intel. Ga Mone Pwint shopping mall will have some kind of fashion shows every week, sometimes involving ladyboys, but there's always some lbs in the crowd watching or working the show doing makeup and around coffee shops just like Thailand and Phils shopping mall culture with lbs freelancers hanging out all day. Freelancers are on WeChat galore, though it had just started with Burmese language when I was there so probably way more now, and outside any major hotel housing foreigners you're likely to see lb street hookers but Yangon is like 5x as poor as the poorest region of Thailand with 10x the discrimination against lbs so who knows what you'll get there, I only saw from distance and it was late at night. There's on occasion some qt freelancers on Myladyboydate too from Yangon and just like everywhere else, salon's are filled with them as well. I have no intel on prices because I brought a girl there with me and only stayed in Yangon for a week before seeing rest of country, then returned for another 6 days so I'm no expert on Myanmar. Yangon seems pretty safe despite huge shanty town ghettos and gangster looking dudes covered in gang tattoos wandering the streets at night your biggest worry will be getting sick from the water so treat all untreated water/ice like it's toxic waste and don't drink it.  I had no security issues but I took taxis everywhere after dark and avoided the shanty areas at night. The slums in Yangon, which 30% of the city live,  make the worst Tacloban slum look like Monaco in comparison they are so bad, because gang members are all over the place covered head to toe in prison tattoos extorting all the other residents and selling meth. Crime against foreigners is rare though (for now).

• Like 1