Ringing the bell

globetrotter

I rang the Bell a few times in Cocktail & Dreams a few years ago but it cost only 1000 baht a pop and the exchange rate was in its mid 60's to the £1 then so not too bad.

Nowadays I tend to just buy ladydrinks for the girl I am in company with and sometimes offer the barowner a drink if I know them, but in Lita's Bar for example I will buy Lita and a few of the girls a drink.

I am certainly not going to start "ringing the bell" nowadays with the current exchange rate with the exception of ringing it once in Scooters Bar on my next trip in appreciation to the girls who were great to me last time, this "bell ring" buys all the girls working there a proper drink (and not a silly shot) and costs 1000 baht :drinks:

• Upvote 1

I have not . I do worry if I did ring it would people come out of the wood work that are not even in the bar, how does is work any way is it a free for all or just the girls in the bar. A free for all in Obsessions BKK it would break my bank I think.  

10 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

I have not . I do worry if I did ring it would people come out of the wood work that are not even in the bar, how does is work any way is it a free for all or just the girls in the bar. A free for all in Obsessions BKK it would break my bank I think.  

Like I  said have never done it, but I understand  it to be everyone  in the bar at the  time both men and ladies 

47 minutes ago, globetrotter said:

Like I  said have never done it, but I understand  it to be everyone  in the bar at the  time both men and ladies 

No , it is not always for everyone if you stipulate its for the girls only but be careful in the Hi-So establishments in Bangkok otherwise you maybe buying drinks for 40+ of their finest :shok:

I have been handed drinks in Sensations for example and felt embarrassed because I did not know the "Bell Ringer" yet it is courteous to go up to thank him/her for the drink so no problem

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

21 minutes ago, TEXASMAC said:

I have done it and I bought for all. In my mind I just think I am having more fun there than  I ever could in Dallas. But after weighing 499 pounds at age 41, I do have a "WTF" attitude when it comes to MY time.

Each to their own Tex, but in my mind do I shell out 1500 baht for 10 shots ringing a bell in a bar in BKK (which goes in seconds) for example or do I use the same amount of money to pay for 2 nights accommodation in my favourite room or a L/T with a hot ladyboy in Pattaya, hmmmmm :wacko:

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, duke007 said:

Each to their own Tex, but in my mind do I shell out 1500 baht for 10 shots for the girls in a bar in BKK (which goes in seconds) for example or do I use the same amount of money to pay for 2 nights accommodation in my favourite room or a L/T with a hot ladyboy in Pattaya, hmmmmm :wacko:

My feelings exactly Dave 

Yes, usually at least a couple of times each trip.  BUT, let me hasten to make a couple of key points.  I only ring the bell in small bars that I've taken a liking to (meaning, of course, that there's a particular sweetie there that I've taken a liking to), and when business is low and there are no other customers.  This typically means I'm only buying half a dozen or so drinks.  That's not much money to liven things up and have 15 minutes of fame.  I don't often go to the big-name LB bars.  And I hardly ever go to farang-owned LB bars, so I wouldn't know about ringing the bell in those places.  I'm not interested in buying drinks for their over-rated staff or in giving the owner a hand-job to be his BFF.

• Upvote 1

" no...no...no...don't ring the bell!!!!! SAVE MONEY!!! " so my ex ladyboy used to tell me.....once in the room...strange...she asked me money for "operation"

" no...no...no...don't ring the bell!!!!! SAVE MONEY!!! " so my ex ladyboy used to tell me.....once in the room...strange...she asked me money for "pay rent"

" no...no...no...don't ring the bell!!!!! SAVE MONEY!!! " so my ex ladyboy used to tell me.....once in the room...strange...she asked me money for "buy motorbike"

so i left her....went out alone..rang the bell...and...enjoyed being single again.....cheers

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, BigTel said:

I haven't done it so far and don't see any good reason to break a good habit. :hi:

I'm with you, Big Tel!

I don't see any reason to ingratiate myself... And apart from that, in spite of my gratitude, I've always looked over to the side of the bar where the bell ringer is, waved & smiled & then thought to myself... Wanker!

Great post Sustra2

Edited by Luung
  • Upvote 3

I've done it a few times in the past. I usually go to a regular beer bar before heading off to find a sweetheart for the night. And in this bar I've been having several free drinks from other bell ringers. So on my last night of the holiday I rang the bell. Didn't want to seem like a cheap charlie. I thought, you get some, you give some just out of courtesy.

• Upvote 1

I've rang the bell a few (several) times in La Bamba, but I always make sure it is only me and the girls present in the bar at the time, or any guys in the bar if I know them pretty well. I have no issue buying a beer for anybody, but I really don't see the point buying a drink for total strangers, for no reason. Maybe I am just odd, or miserable, or both???

One time I rang the bell in Lita's, as she, as always, had treated me very well during my holiday, even though I hadn't dropped a lot of money in her bar. So one afternoon, Lita and I were sitting drinking, there were only 3 other girls present, all sitting outside, so I figured "why not, I'll give a little back, without it hurting my pocket", hehe, trying to be a smart cunt! Well, Christ on a Bike, the fucking chimes hadn't stopped echoing, when I swear, about another 10 girls appeared, as if by magic, hooping and screaching, from all ends of what was a deserted, empty bar. Cost me a fookin fortune, serve me right for trying to be Jonny Big Balls!!!

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, ciobha said:

I've rang the bell a few (several) times in La Bamba, but I always make sure it is only me and the girls present in the bar at the time, or any guys in the bar if I know them pretty well. I have no issue buying a beer for anybody, but I really don't see the point buying a drink for total strangers, for no reason. Maybe I am just odd, or miserable, or both???

One time I rang the bell in Lita's, as she, as always, had treated me very well during my holiday, even though I hadn't dropped a lot of money in her bar. So one afternoon, Lita and I were sitting drinking, there were only 3 other girls present, all sitting outside, so I figured "why not, I'll give a little back, without it hurting my pocket", hehe, trying to be a smart cunt! Well, Christ on a Bike, the fucking chimes hadn't stopped echoing, when I swear, about another 10 girls appeared, as if by magic, hooping and screaching, from all ends of what was a deserted, empty bar. Cost me a fookin fortune, serve me right for trying to be Jonny Big Balls!!!

Great story ciobha. And so true.