New Forum Layout Tips.

Well I am used to to new layout now so no probs for me , I find any change in anything does take a while to find your way around stuff (well for me anyway ). I guess its a bit like the new F 1 cars the only guys that didn't say too much was the new drivers that had not driven the old cars much .

My only gripe is that even with the new layout I still cant spell for shit. but it is probably me.:crazy:

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, SiamSam said:

I hope forum posters understand this because it annoys me a wee bit when someone quotes a post and they include ALL of the photos from the original post they are replying to.

Agree with 100 percent, Mr. Sam. I hate it when BMs reply to a pics post including ALL of the pics and text for no reason. 

On 6/3/2016 at 2:52 PM, SiamSam said:

I like this new feature of highlighting what you want to quote and only including what you want to reply to

Right. If you highlight the text you want to quote then a little box saying Quote This pops up, then you hit that little black box and what you want quoted appears in a new post.

OR if you use the main quote button, and all the pics appear then just right clcik to the right of the photo and then hit Delete or Backspace.

• 3 months later...

On iOS as I am reading threads the images are super tiny. Is the a way to increase the size of pics so I don't have to click on them in the thread? 

Also an on/off toggle for when I am reading lbr threads while other people are close. Not that there are ever any NSFW pics on lbr...

the tiny pic thing...I click on em and you get the bigger one in a temp window over this. What gets to ME, and this is not a forum prob (perhaps the tiny pic thing will solve this in future) is guys posting HUGE pics which then make the entire page SO wide you've got to scroll across and back on any line you want to read all of. GUYS, Irfanview or any editor, RESIZE...post. Thank you :)

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, xyzzy said:

Why are pictures being posted as thumbnails instead of full pictures again?

Had a look round and the ones that appear as thumbnails are showing in quotes from posts when we had this issue.  There have been a few quotes of older posts in the last few days.  Any new photos uploaded should still appear as full size.

I guess when one sees a thread with Christmas in the title, we figure it's a new thread.  But that was Christmas 2015.

All pics posted since the upgrade are full size.

Most pics before the upgrade are now thumbnails. Our programmers weren't able to turn the thumbnails to full size. The upside is that pages with thumbnails load quicker. 

Guys if a thumbnail looks interesting please click on it to make it full size.

All new pics are full size.

• 3 years later...
42 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

Dear Mods ( Pdogg and BB ) 

Is there some way in the future we can see the BM  who has given us a like instead of it saying " someone  " ... just a thought for improvements to this way cool forum .

Lots of pros and cons to members seeing who gave whom Likes.

One of the pros in being able to see who is giving Likes is that it leads to a more interesting and vibrant forum.

One con to publicly seeing who gave whom Likes is that giving Likes and withholding Likes can very often be a way for keyboard warriors to say Fuck You to those they have a grudge against. We don't want a toxic atmosphere here on LBR.  Of course, the majority of Likes have nothing to do with grudges. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

One of our main objectives at LBR is to have a friendly forum.  We used to have our mission statement above every sub-forum. Our mission statement was something like. "Our mission is to provide our members a friendly, informative, flame free forum focusing primarily on the Southeast Asian Ladyboy scene."  Then after one of the forum software upgrades this announcement disappeared.

I'm well aware that most guys do not want a super friendly forum.  And I think it can be quite interesting to watch one guy and his mates go on the offensive against another guy and his mates in the blood sport of forum gamesmanship.  That's just not our vision for Ladyboy Review.  LBR is our hobby of sorts and quite frankly we don't want the stress that's associated with moderating a rough and tumble forum.

• Like 7