New Forum Layout Tips.

Let's help each other out and post tips here regarding the new layout and how to make it an enjoyable experience.  There are other threads for forum issues, so let's keep this one positive with useful helpful info.

To make a personal stream so you can see what you want to,  go to;

My Activity Stream,

Create New Stream (at the bottom)

Select what you want to appear in the stream,

Then give it a title, then Save changes

This new stream can now be found in My Activity Stream and you just choose it and the forum will appear as you have chosen.

new1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Please...

A tip needed...............

How do you change your photo???????????

Seems impossible now that you are offering only the round format....

Also, how do I change my signature under my user name....I gotta dangling "er"..............

Gracias...............

Hi Kahuna, go up to the upper right of the page just above the search box. You wlll see your forum name. Click on the little triangle on the right side to open up the menu. Then click on "Profile". You will see an option for "Cover Photo", which is where you can upload a different photo.

For changing the signature - Ladyboy Whorshpping Dick-Sucker is all there, the text is "wrapped", but if you wish to shorten it, you can do so from the same section.

Edit Profile screen capture:

photo profile.JPG

• Upvote 2
14 hours ago, rxpharm said:

Hi Kahuna, go up to the upper right of the page just above the search box. You wlll see your forum name. Click on the little triangle on the right side to open up the menu. Then click on "Profile". You will see an option for "Cover Photo", which is where you can upload a different photo.

I managed the photo change but my signature changed all by itself...There is magic in the air....

I better be happy with my new round photo cause I don't think I can repeat whatever I did...

Many thanks RX.........

While View New Content has been covered before(it is at the top right in these two screen shots), no harm posting it here also so that all the useful info regarding having the forum tuned to the way you prefer it is in one thread.  Also note how you can click on the two options below Sorting to have the New Content appear in either one of two different formats.

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

• Upvote 1
On 5/18/2016 at 6:02 PM, bumblebee said:

To See All the Posts in a Thread Since the Last Time You Read it:

Just click the Yellow ball or star.(not figured out why they are different yet mind).

Think the star might be on threads started before the upgrade and the circle for threads started after the upgrade.

If the star or circle is filled might have to do if it's a hot topic, one with lots of relies and in a subform where "hot topic" is enabled.  Or maybe it has to do with comments or if it's followed.  I'm still trying to get te hang of all the little details. It's a learning curve.

To Quote a Section or all of a Post.

Besides the traditional Quote function an observant member pointed this method out to us also which is quite neat..

Select the text you want to Quote, a Quote this will pop up

Click that and the text will appear in your post.

This is really nice. Much better than hitting the Quote button and then having to delete the portions you don't want.

• 2 weeks later...

Facebook Videos.

Besides uploading Youtube videos, you can now upload Facebook videos, as long as they are Public.  If the video has a globe/circle at the top it is Public.  Then just right click over the video to get the Url.  Copy the Url and just past it here.

video.jpg

• Upvote 1
On 19 May 2016 at 0:05 PM, bumblebee said:

To Quote a Section or all of a Post.

Besides the traditional Quote function an observant member pointed this method out to us also which is quite neat..

Select the text you want to Quote, a Quote this will pop up

Click that and the text will appear in your post.

quote3.jpg

quote4.jpg

Just a reminder guys that this is a really useful tool if any of you have missed it.

On June 1, 2016 at 4:10 PM, bumblebee said:

Just a reminder guys that this is a really useful tool if any of you have missed it.

I like this new feature of highlighting what you want to quote and only including what you want to reply to. I hope forum posters understand this because it annoys me a wee bit when someone quotes a post and they include ALL of the photos from the original post they are replying to. Unless of course they wish to point something out in a particular photo(s). Anyway, that's my gripe for the day.  

• Upvote 2