Does anyone else hate this new forum layout?

I just want to see a simple 'Recent Activity' button that shows me a page list of which threads have just been quoted on in the forum that day, rather than a running commentary of posts, which just bogs me down & gets really old, very quickly... And I honestly haven't got the time for that..

I just find it frustrating, as with the old tab, on one page I could virtually see which threads had active for the that one whole day.. I thought it was great plus, that the PLB site never had!

I'm sorry, but for someone like me who's spent his whole life in design & graphics, the new site layout is awful & I unfortunately feel pretty much the same as Sweedman.

We all know money's tight... So why did you do it?1?

This thread might help you out Luung, particularly the bit about the View New Content which is similar to the old format. 

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7120-new-forum-layout-tips/

I get the impression all forums using the Invision system will have to upgrade to this format eventually, a bit like Apple releasing new versions of iOS or Microsoft with their versions of Windows, LBR just did it first to get it over with.  To  see a list of active threads without the commentary just choose the option box on the right under Sorting and it should appear like this screen shot.

image.png

1 hour ago, Sylvester said:

I think the new format is better. It took a bit of time to figure out the new format/features, but I got it now.

Thank you Pdoggg and BB for all of your work and dedication in moderating the forum.  :good::clapping:

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

Ditto that  :good:

Double Ditto   :good:

8 hours ago, Luung said:

see which threads had active for the that one whole day..

Luung, I think what you want is the View New Content link.  When you click that you will see which Topics have been recently updated with the Topics that were most recently updated showing first.

In the first screenshot, you will see View New Content below above the Announcement on the right side well below the Cam Girls.

In the bottom of the second screen shot on he right side you will see a black square and a white square next to each other. That's how you choose if you want Expanded View New Content or Condensed View New Content.  Condensed is like the way it was before. Expanded shows you the first couple lines of the most recent post in a topic.

Keep the questions coming gents.  Most of the functionality you want is available.    Since the upgrade BB and I have been on the forum perhaps 10 times as much as the average user so we're now used to functionality of the upgrade.   Most of the questions asked are things that had us stumped the first or second day so I understand the frustration.   So just ask and we'll help.   :biggrin:

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 8.32.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 8.33.20 AM.png

shot1.jpg

• Upvote 2
On 5/18/2016 at 7:54 PM, Pdoggg said:

Luung, I think what you want is the View New Content link.  When you click that you will see which Topics have been recently updated with the Topics that were most recently updated showing first.

In the first screenshot, you will see View New Content below above the Announcement on the right side well below the Cam Girls.

In the bottom of the second screen shot on he right side you will see a black square and a white square next to each other. That's how you choose if you want Expanded View New Content or Condensed View New Content.  Condensed is like the way it was before. Expanded shows you the first couple lines of the most recent post in a topic.

Keep the questions coming gents.  Most of the functionality you want is available.    Since the upgrade BB and I have been on the forum perhaps 10 times as much as the average user so we're now used to functionality of the upgrade.   Most of the questions asked are things that had us stumped the first or second day so I understand the frustration.   So just ask and we'll help.   :biggrin:

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 8.32.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 8.33.20 AM.png

shot1.jpg

Thanks, Pdogg... I'm sure i'll get used to it, I've just got an aversion to anything I've got to sit down & concentrate on.

:hi:

1 hour ago, seanbeag7 said:

old format was much better than this new version, why do ppl always fuck up something beautiful and easy to use :roadrage:

Forum software changes to meet requirements of security, performance and features. The old forum software took a long time to load, was buggy to upload multiple photos, and was probably less secure to hacking, spamming, etc. than the new forum software. They are doing a good job tuning the new software and explaining settings to give a good experience.

I really like the faster loading, and improved photo upload feature.

• Upvote 2

I am finding myself stuck in "sign in purgatory" on Chrome. I'm posting this from Firefox.

On Chrome it shows me as being logged in at the top of the screen but it still wants me to sign in to the forum on the middle of the screen. I try to do that, but although my username and password are correct, it doesn't sign me in and then it's just a continuous loop of being sent back to the main page again when I try to sign in again.

LBR Signin.jpg

1 hour ago, KendoUK said:

I've done a total cache clear out on Chrome and I'm in now. Still had to sign in to website first and then the forum as if they are separate entities. 

These days, I am only using my laptop.

I am lazy and usually don't sign out. I also don't clear my cache too often.

I login up top.

That is easy enough as when i put my cursor into username Pdoggg pops up so I choose it and my password is autiofilled.  So I don't mind lgging in but probably would if I had to do any typing.

But often I am only "half logged in" to the Forum.  I have to click View New Content to be completely logged in. I don't have to go to the forum login.

What I do may not work for everybody.

I'm on a Mac and use Opera browser.

I've informed the iT team of what's happening for various users.

Have to say I've been using Chrome exclusively (on Mac) the past couple of years & haven't experienced what you're going through Kendo, there is some other culprit, perhaps a setting or extension in Chrome doing that to you. Sorry can'T be of more help...

• Upvote 1

In the past with the old format , when i get a notification abouth a topic with a pic , the pic was never visible , now i get my notifications with the full pic attach with it , cool.....

So i dont need to logg in to know who this person is that they are talking abouth......

All in all the update looks good , keep up the good work , Guy's.......

Greetz , Stealth

• Upvote 1
  • 5 years later...