Does anyone else hate this new forum layout?

Aghhhhh... Talk about design over function!... I've got to say, that for me at least, this new website layout is an absolute abomination.

Is there any way possible to view the forum in the old format,? Because for a member like me who doesn't have the time to trawl through the various sections, this is an absolute nightmare,

Whatever happened to that lovely long 'new content' list on the right hand side of the page, it was an absolute god send... And it went on for pages & pages!

All I see now is the last five post, which pretty much renders the form as pretty much unusable for me.

17 hours ago, Billy69 said:

I been trying but  if you want to kill a forum this is the way to do it...:sorry:Maybe is good for the other bits of this side but definitely not for the form ...There is nothing like this format out there n we can see it from here why not... 

As they says...Only fix it if it's broken..

Sorry Pd... I just stopped any e-mails from this site i just can't not follow it..:(

Billy69, you should give it a chance. Once all the functions are optimized and know what the settings are that can be adjusted to emulate the previous software - it will probably be as good as the old one.

Two improvements I've seen so far is that it is much faster than the old forum software, and uploading photos is easier. There may be also other benefits not seen, possibly improved security, less susceptible to hacking, etc. 

2 hours ago, rxpharm said:

Billy69, you should give it a chance. Once all the functions are optimized and know what the settings are that can be adjusted to emulate the previous software - it will probably be as good as the old one.

Two improvements I've seen so far is that it is much faster than the old forum software, and uploading photos is easier. There may be also other benefits not seen, possibly improved security, less susceptible to hacking, etc. 

Has Anyone tried it on their  mobile...?? At Home computer or laptop just about to navigate the forum...On Mobile phon almost impossible..:sorry:

It looks good to me so far , been on tour and now back home so did not got a chance to look at it all......

I only hope that the picture size can be at the old size soon again , that the only thing that i dont like those small once

Greetz , Stealth

58 minutes ago, Stealth007 said:

It looks good to me so far , been on tour and now back home so did not got a chance to look at it all......

I only hope that the picture size can be at the old size soon again , that the only thing that i dont like those small once

Greetz , Stealth

The photo issue should be okay now Stealth.

aswan.jpg

Hope it works for you.

• Upvote 1

Photos posted before the upgrade will eventually be enlarged.  This is happening but slowly with older pics being enlarged first.

The upgrade is not complete. Their are processes running in the background that might take a week to complete.

Some issues will resolve themselves. Others will require human intervention

In the old forum, there was a way to sort the content ordered by how new it was, eliminating posts in forums that you don't want to see, like all the posts about politics. Is there a way to do that?

I know you posted a link showing unread topics, that's not exactly what I'm talking about, and even that, how do you navigate to that rather than just clicking on some link you give us?

I realize you probably didn't choose to do this "upgrade" but were likely forced to do it by the software platform but helping us make it as usable as the previous one would be good.

48 minutes ago, EyeMahk said:

In the old forum, there was a way to sort the content ordered by how new it was, eliminating posts in forums that you don't want to see, like all the posts about politics. Is there a way to do that?

It's quite easy to create a personalized, customized, activity stream and then give it whatever name you choose. You can opt-in to to the sub-forums that you want. When you want that layout, you just choose that stream.

If you check Topics then a drop down menu of sub-forums will appear.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/discover/&do=create

Now imagine if you could build your ladyboy, maybe choose 7 inches, moderate girth, height, weight, non-smoking etc.

47 minutes ago, KendoUK said:

I keep having to do a double sign in

First at the top right of the screen and then sign in again to the forum underneath the webcam banners.

I think what's happening here is that you may have been signing into LBR on a new device without having logged out of LBR on the old device.

When this happens, Invison logs you out of the LBR Forum but not the main LBR website which includes Profiles and Reviews.

Possible Solutions:

1) log out of LBR when finished.

2) when you come back to LBR logout at the top and log back in again

3) as you did, Login again below the cam banners

4) create a separate user name (with a different email addy) for each device.  For those who choose this option we can manually upgrade your post count and Rep points.

There are pros and cons to each of these possible solutions.  Many of us will forget to logout so #1 doesn't work too well in practice. Most of us probably don't want #4. Which leaves #2 or #3. I'm pretty sure both of these works. If one of these autofills your info and the other doesn't I'd choose the option that autofills.

For me logging in on my laptop is quite easy as my username is saved and it automatically brings up my password. But if I had to type in my username and password every time it would be a real PIA.

If you're only access LBR with your laptop, or only from your smartphone then you won't have this problem. But nowadays I reckon most of our members are using multiple devices.

My initial reaction was negative also, human nature being what it is we tend to resist change most times of course.  But having played round with it and realising it loads much faster I really like the new set up now.  I'd imagine most if not all invision boards will change to this format eventually, (PD may know more)  so at least we are ahead of the posse when the inevitable happens elsewhere.