Forum Will Be Offline

Just been playing round and found a way to see all the latest content.  First got to Time Period, then Specified number of days (I selected 25) then click Save as New Stream, I then called it New Content and clicked Create Stream.   Finally I just have to go to My Activity Stream, and you can see New Content at the bottom of the list.  So now every time I want to see New Content I just click that stream.

image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg

image.png

• Upvote 1

Having made this New Content stream I now have it looking a bit like most want it to, by showing the last post in a thread.

image.pngNote there are two squares, one white, one black on the right side underneath sorting.  The black one shown above is called Condensed. The white one is called Expanded and u get to see the first couple sentences of the post.  

Condensed is more like the View New Content that you're used to but some guys might prefer the Expanded version.

If you go to Activity Stream as shown above and create a custom stream you name the new custom stream and then you can have the custom stream show all post since your last login (lower right) or set a number of days you want to see posts for. I set mine up to see all posts since my last login. I named my stream New Content so I can click it anytime to see all posts since my last login I think. However it acts like the old spy and shows all posts and not just thread names which I prefer. But if you were a spy fan I think you can make it happen. At least it's a fairly easy way to re-find threads that you already read.

Is that the same way you did it BB?

BTW the posts in a thread have no number (bug?). I was going to reference the post number of the Activity Stream until I found there was no number.

• Upvote 2

Is anyone experiencing problems logging in?

If so, please give me details about exactly what's happening and please let me know which browser you're using (if you know it the browser version is also helpful).

You can either respond here or if you prefer PM me.

Hopefully, the upgrade will 100% complete soon, all bugs and glitches sorted.

As far as how things work, some of you like xyzzy, will discover stuff that we didn't know.  So if you discover a way to make the surfing experience better then please share it.  I don't think any other Thailand Forums have upgraded yet so we're learning as we go along.  My guess is that in about a year most Invision Forums will upgrade.

6 hours ago, xyzzy said:

Is that the same way you did it BB?

BTW the posts in a thread have no number (bug?). I was going to reference the post number of the Activity Stream until I found there was no number.

I did it a different way but the result is the same it appears and the way you did it is much easier to set up.  While like a few I was initially not too keen on the new layout, as I discover how to tailor it to suit my needs it is gradually growing on me.  Need to find out now if photos can be inserted between text and uploaded in the order a poster wants them to appear.  

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

So if you discover a way to make the surfing experience better then please share it.  I don't think any other Thailand Forums have upgraded yet so we're learning as we go along.  My guess is that in about a year most Invision Forums will upgrade.

Get the popcorn in and a comfortable chair when the bigger, more excitable Thailand themed forums change over.:ph34r: