Phnom Penh

DownLoLarry

My buddy Fried Funk is in Cambodia and I suspect headed towards Phnom Penh so if anyone has any helpful hints for him please post now.

Starving but before brekkie first things first.

1) from the airport a tuk tuk should be 7 USD to the riverfront area. Perusing the scene on my way back I suspect that if you walk outside the airport u should be able to get one for 5 USD as that's what I paid on my return trip. I didn't bargain to hard with the drivers as it's a poor country and would rather have a good relationship with the drivers.

I really enjoy riding around in tuk tuks.

2) On all the monger sites the Flamingo seems to be the number one choice. However for a first timer (maybe FF is a PP vet, I dunno), I think the Paragon, on the Riverfront is a better choice.

3) In many places the prices are in USD but if priced in riels, it is better to pay in riels. But best to exchange small amounts of dollars with streetshop exchanges rather than Western Union type places.

4) When shopping for a SIM card, you'll need your passport and they take a photocopy.

DLL this is my first time in Cambodia. Currently terrorizin Khmer femboyz in Siem Reap. They're oh so delicious.

Good to see everyone chipping in info to smooth FF's triumphant entrance to PP! :D

I found Street 104 to have a higher ladyboy/girl ratio in the bars than elsewhere with Bazara having three.

Street 136 has a bunch of bars and a few ladyboys. The hotel I stayed at was on the corner of Street 136 and the river, a short walk from street 104.

Classic Entertainment is a bit out of the way but has some cute ladyboys in their show. Will try to dig up more info but the "old" Classic closer to the river is closed and only the "new" location open.

Some of the bars on Street 104 and 136 have ladyboys everynight of the week but here's a couple of gay venues for particlar nights of the week.

On Thursday you can check out Pontoon around midnight. It's a club on boat of sorts and Thursdays is a rainbow night with some ladyboys and femboys.

On weekends Blue Chili on Street 178 has a ladyboy show. Great margaritas.

Note, Blue Chili is a gay venue and won't be everyone's cup of tea. But rumor has it the odd femboy can be found. B)

• 1 month later...

O this thread's got me champing at the tit to get back to PP again.

My search skills are obviously pretty poor because this thread is the first I have heard of the value in 104 St and Claudia. Thanx to all contributing.

In the past I've tried for Classic only to find it closed, MZone, to find it closed as well, so ended up giving all my money and energy to Blue Chilli. As Larry says:

Blue Chili is a gay venue and won't be everyone's cup of tea.

But I enjoyed having lots of pretty boys draping all over me through the evening, then asking the relevant one at the time to go back to the hotel with me. No problems. It is a genuinely no-drama venue, very relaxed, very friendly. No bar fines or anything. The crowd is very mixed, and I've sat near groups including very straight western women. Good atmosphere and good sights attract all lookers and interested parties I guess.

The once a week drag shows are entertaining, but I quickly tire of that, as it's all show and no delivery.

One night last trip at Blue Chili I met a Vietnamese guy from Nha Trang, a lovely resort town up the coast. He was as shocked to find out I lived in VN as I was to find out he was VNese. He was about 40, told me he ran his own business, and managed to take a week off every 2 months to come to PP. He had a list of boys of his phone but liked to hang out occasionally at BC to see what's new. Also told me he didn't go for femboys (seeing them draped over me) but he liked bigger stronger manly boys. Each to their own.

What was good and important news was he insisted he never paid more than 15 bucks to take one back to the hotel. Most I should pay, he assured me, was 20, and try always for 15.

In the past I've tried for Classic only to find it closed,

The original Classic, not far from Blue Chili is closed.

The new Classic is not easy to find. Best to take a tuk tuk if the driver actually knows where it is. Some pretty ladyboys on stage in a big venue.

• 4 months later...

First-time visitor to PP, and I really really liked the "feel" of the place. Sorry I haven't got anything of import to add to the above FMs' posts --- just wanted to say their info has been super-helpful. PP: a different place to explore for sure.

First-time visitor to PP, and I really really liked the "feel" of the place. Sorry I haven't got anything of import to add to the above FMs' posts --- just wanted to say their info has been super-helpful. PP: a different place to explore for sure.

Have fun Fan, it's a nice spot for a few days or longer.