Guys Boasting How Much they Spent in a Bar.

Stroker

From time to time across the boards members post how much they spent in a bar, proudly showing the check bin or a big wad of notes on the counter.  Their money and they spend it as they wish of course, but what is the general feeling regarding this.  Is it the farang equivalent of the Baht birthday garland worn by ladyboys on their special day, a way of trying to make face with those who may be impressed?

• Upvote 2

There's zero skill required in spending money, any plank can do that.

However, what would be admirable is if those bragging about the length of their Check-In check bins instead stated that they were foregoing their so-called 'amazing' night out and donated what they intended to spend on it to charity instead, plus what they would have donated anyway. 

Some of the best nights out I've ever had have been done on less than B1k, some much less. Throwing money around and then subsequently bragging about it doesn't make you look big and clever, it makes you look insecure with no real friends.

• Upvote 7

I must admit to being "confused" about people bragging, admitting or professing shock at particular bar bills.

Sometime when I have spend an evening keeping an entire bar open on my own in Soi Cowboy for example (see what I did there

• Upvote 5

I must admit to being "confused" about people bragging, admitting or professing shock at particular bar bills.

Sometime when I have spend an evening keeping an entire bar open on my own in Soi Cowboy for example (see what I did there ). I find that when I peel my eyes open the following morning I don't wish to admit to the amount spent the previous night to myself never mind telling anybody else.

It has always struck me as a way of saying to a cyber audience, "I am considerably richer than 'you!"

Btw that night in Soi Cowboy was indeed a case of a fool being easily parted with his money ✌

You are not wrong there Peeps, and one, or maybe two, in particular spring immediately to mind. :spiteful:

Its more of a skill to get drunk in a bar and spend no money .

I know a guy who posts here who staggered out of a well known Pattaya establishment as full as the Jomtiem Baht Bus after spending 85 Baht .

I swear he has mystical powers and can convince people to ring the bell through telepathy . 

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2016 at 2:28 PM, Jimslim said:

I know a guy who posts here who staggered out of a well known Pattaya establishment as full as the Jomtiem Baht Bus after spending 85 Baht .

I can take a good guess who he may be.:rolleye0012:  If I am right about the establishment I have staggered out of previous incarnations of said venue with almost as much Baht in my pocket as when I entered.  A skill indeed Jim.:hi::biggrin: 

• Upvote 1

Maybe an idea for another thread could be about what's the least you've spent on a night out, and what's the most you've spent on a night out ?

guys boasting about high spending = insecure dickheads, my Dads bigger than your Dad syndrome. 

As I don't drink anymore I recently spent 60 baht on a night out.

Sitting in a soi 7 bar with plenty of eye candy I met a mate and his girlfriend so had 2 soda waters over 2 hours and a really good chat, plus the added bonus of flirty smiles to keep my ego in check and confirm that I am hansom man. Very enjoyable few hours and then to bed as I was super tired. It was almost 65 baht as the cashier had changed during soda orders and one charged 30 baht and the other 35 baht.....  Bloody bill padders, be careful out there guys haha.

The most I've spent on a night out..... Well my Dads not the biggest Dad I know.

• Upvote 2

I always travel on a budget so I alot my self B 3,000 per day for sending on what I want, and If I dont spend the 3,000 cool

but I dont drink so maybe a bit cheaper for me ,I dont go for a floozy every night and I do a lot of tours .

Its your hard earned cash spend it how you want ...But if you are going to throw it away, kick it to me,kick it to me.

• Upvote 2

I can see how sitting in a bar for hours on end could get expensive pretty quick ,Last trip I payed a visit to Bacara   Bar in soi cowboy bkk. I went in ordered a coke sipped it slowly and then got a hurry along for drinking too slow ..... those fuckers....

So one drink and that was it for me and that was 180 for a glass of ice with a dribble of coke.....those fuckers...

• Upvote 2

They call the super spenders here "Whales." These guys might drop $2,000 US a night.

On a recent visit to Subic, I was perusing the bell rings written on the wall. Stuff like "Fred and Jhonalyn, Love Forever. 100,000 pesos" 100 grand would easily fund my lifestyle for a couple of months; but then I don't have bragging rights about my fantasy night.

I'll take the two months :)

• Upvote 2